Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Countrybumpkingirl

Chatty Member
Ahhh I really feel like I need to carry on with NJ, I’ve just started series 5 but it all feels too samey, like with Joe and Teresa arguing again etc does it pick up at all? Series 4 was a ride!! That reunion is up there with the early reunions with Kim on BH 😂
Omg you have soooooo much to happen! Keep going!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

loubylou50

VIP Member
I’ve started re watching real housewives of New York again from the start. I forgot how cringe they are. Alex and Simon. Oh dear. And how Luann treats that poor housekeeper!
Ahh I absolutely love seasons 1-3 of NY, classics! I might have to rewatch too!

Restless Native

VIP Member
I'm on Season 10 and I'm really not understanding the dynamics of the housewives anymore. I find Dorit strange in that she has at least 4 nannies for her children but makes out she spends a lot of time at home.

Another random though - who actually pays for the housewives trips? Housewives or production? Just going back to the Dubai trip and LVP's room was $40,000 a night?! It's a ridiculous price to pay in my opinion.
I wonder if the hotels/ villas etc give them free stays so they get advertisement and exposure in return.

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
Tiffany from RHOD is definitely my least favourite housewife ever. I just can’t stand her. She is such a show off and it’s so obnoxious. Who needs to know she got her mum a car and it cost $75k. Why did she feel the need to show off her closet to the girls and just parade her handbag collection? Money definitely doesn’t buy class ( thank you countess 😂). And what else really annoys me is the face she harps on constantly about working full time and not seeing her kids - GIVE UP YOUR JOB!!!!!!! It can’t be that important to her to spend time with them, and she can’t give up her job because she wouldn’t then have the life she has. Don’t even get me started on the whole chicken feet thing. Trying to make out Kam is a racist because she didn’t want to eat it. Unbelievable.

ChampagneBox

VIP Member
Ah thank you for clearing that up - I was going to say I cannot see how even LVP would spend 40k a night in a hotel - it's a nice hotel but 40k is a bit much! As much as I would like to be super rich - I wouldn't be able to live a Housewives-esque life! You can always tell what people are like by how the treat their staff/waiters or waitresses. I keep debating whether to watch NY or NJ after I finish watching BH.
Omg NY hands down! I have to say, the older I get, the more I realise how messed up a lot of the show is...take the whole Taylor situation...when I stop and really think about it I realise how dark her life was! So I agree, I wouldn’t want their lives either!

HEC1993

Chatty Member
Real housewives of jersey (UK) is just horrific. Already sick of Tessa thinking she’s Kris Jenner with her Momager vibes. Her daughter is awful. Jane’s away with the fairies and acts like a child. Ashley is all about bumlicking Tessa. I do like Kate as she just doesn’t give a fuck. Margaret gives me the creeps with her staring eyes.

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
Juan does it for me!

Michael is a creep and is totally in love with Juan, such a weird vibe when they are around each other. Also Michael is a total knob head for that behaviour and Ashley needs to pack her bags.

Paton166

Binge watching RHONY again and Simon ... actually watching through my fingers. THE BEST has to be Ramona's catwalk though!

• Haha

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Yes - also, Brandi's mother in law was killed in a car crash a few months ago, with one of Brandi's kids in the car at the time ☹.

• Wow
  • Sad

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I like the Salt Lake City one! My sister doesn't like it much because she's disappointed in everyone's houses, but I think there's (so far) a kind of honesty there which is kind of refreshing. Clearly some people still have their guard up or are playing up to the cameras but there's also some real emotional intelligence going on (I'm thinking specifically of the dad in sober living and his daughter's response to him, but also the woman with the botox clinic seems pretty cool). We'll see how it pans out.
I started watching the New Jersey one years ago when it came out but stopped because it depressed me (and speaking of houses, everything in it is so ... brown?). But in the last month or so I've gone back to it and am catching up - I think I'm on about series 7 now. It's so INTENSE.
Shannon on the OC one is doing my head in, I thought it was awful the way she blamed her kids for catching COVID. Braumwyn's a weird one, she was really good when she was leading that cult woman through her panic attack but at other times she's kind of crazy. Giving up drinking on a reality TV show was always going to be a bit of a shitshow though. Haven't seen this week's Atlanta one yet but am very much a Porscha fan. Used to love Phaedra too though, wish they'd bring her back 😂. I also love Monique from Potomac, such a shame she's quit.
ETA - also speaking of houses, I think Cynthia's is lovely. It's amazing how many houses are in such terrible taste though. Money can't buy you class, I guess!

Last edited:

Plasticbox

Chatty Member
So I’ve decided to rewatch BH from the start. What the actual fuck is Taylor? She spent $60k on a 4 year olds birthday party. And then her husband got the girl a dog to piss of Taylor.

• Haha

Curlygirl28

I just caught up with New Jersey, Jackie saying that about Gia was trying to explain to Teresa that you can’t just blurt out something that may not be true without proof or as they say “receipts” though I think Jackie should have left Teresa’s daughter out of it and used a different example. I bored to death of Dolores and the very camp David storyline. Their no more a couple then me and Tom Hardy are, their isn’t an ounce of chemistry between them.
It’s so obvious Dolores’ ex husband (I forget his name) is still in love with her. I think she is too, I’d love to see them get back together

fluffyglitterbug

VIP Member
I wish they/hadn’t been sacked, I loved watching how cringe their parenting was, I loved it 😂
You have to admire their blatant social climbing and desperation to reach the highest level of NY society!! Simon's wardrobe was absolute comedy gold too :ROFLMAO:

Rowan

Chatty Member
I’ve started re watching real housewives of New York again from the start. I forgot how cringe they are. Alex and Simon. Oh dear. And how Luann treats that poor housekeeper!
Alex’s Speedos🤢

I found Luanne’s self delusion shocking from the start. She really thought she was upper class because she married a Count.
Remember her getting cross with Bethanny because she introduced her to the taxi driver as Luanne and not Countess De Lessups!
Another scene shows her teaching her daughter and friends how to use cutlery properly and other dining etiquette and then shows her in further episodes where she speaks with her mouth full and waves her folk in the air, etc.
Also, if she really wanted to pass as upper class she should have changed her name to Louise or Louisa.
Luanne is not a name for a Countess😆

Last edited:
  • Haha

ginandlipstick

Kim grew on me as did Camile. I love LVP. I really dislike Brandi. I will always love and respect Kyle for crying when she saw how ugly one of Kim's boy friends was.
One of my fave ever reality episodes was the Dinner Party from Hell. Alison Dubois nothing like she was portrayed on Medium:eek:
Really liked Brandi on BH then went the opposite.
But my all time RH is New York City. I love it, love it, love it.
The Dinner Party from Hell really deserves it’s status as an iconic reality tv moment. I did like LVP but I’m on Season 8 at the minute and I think I’m seeing the side of her that everyone else seemed to see. Camille has grown on me as well. Brandi I did kind of like initially but she just inserted herself into drama just because she could. I feel like Rinna is going the same way. Erika - initially seemed a bit of fun but she went so OTT when involved in drama and turned into something way bigger than it needed to be. Teddi bores me a bit and I’ve not seen the seasons with Denise and Garcelle in enough to make a judgement.

I wonder if events leading up to Erika’s divorce will be in the next season, or even in the reunion and whether she’ll be included the season after that (if it gets renewed). She’s been linked a little bit with Armie Hammer (nothing to do with what he’s been accused of) and there’s talk of whether they hooked up