The Real Housewives... #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like NJ too but got bored with all the Theresa/Joe drama. My favourite was Siggy. She was a few sandwiches short of a picnic. Remember the Hitler comment meltdown she had? And Cakegate, of course, that was a classic.

Ooh I’m definitely going to try it again in that case!
wtf was the hitler comment?!

Ramona has really gone mad on the plastic surgery, her face doesn't move at all! annoyed dorinda won't be back, anyone know if she chose to leave or was she sacked?
OT but was this filmed last year? weren't there any covid restrictions in NY at the time?
Definitely didn't choose to leave - almost none of them do, even if they claim otherwise. Apparently she was asked to take a break but it seems they could be open to her returning at some point after a season or two off (I think Andy Cohen said this somewhere). I hated the side of Dorinda that Tins brought out in her but I'll still miss her, she's one of my favourite housewives.

It was filmed last year and pretty sure there were covid restrictions in NY, I think it will be similar to the other recent seasons where they do more private events/trips that are just the cast (everyone is tested so it doesn't matter) but no scenes in busy restaurants. Which is a shame as half the fun of NY is when they go to places like the Russian Tea Room or Cipriani's, but it's the best they can do.

Reactions: 2
Definitely didn't choose to leave - almost none of them do, even if they claim otherwise. Apparently she was asked to take a break but it seems they could be open to her returning at some point after a season or two off (I think Andy Cohen said this somewhere). I hated the side of Dorinda that Tins brought out in her but I'll still miss her, she's one of my favourite housewives.

It was filmed last year and pretty sure there were covid restrictions in NY, I think it will be similar to the other recent seasons where they do more private events/trips that are just the cast (everyone is tested so it doesn't matter) but no scenes in busy restaurants. Which is a shame as half the fun of NY is when they go to places like the Russian Tea Room or Cipriani's, but it's the best they can do.
interesting, I was actually surprised Bethanny hasd chosen to return, I always go the impression she was just in it to promote her business (which she did very well) it surprises me that she is continuing with it tbh

Oh my god, the new season of NY looks amazing! It's my favourite, followed by OC and BH. Can't wait!

'You're a ho, you're a ho, you're all hos!' :ROFLMAO:
That trailer seriously boosted my serotonin levels yesterday - I'm *living* for Eboni calling out Ramona and offending Lu, can't wait to see how it all plays out. When she said "I'm not Toni Morrison"

1616606127988.png

• Haha
Reactions: 6
wtf was the hitler comment?!
This is a bit off the top of my head but they were talking about someone, I think Danielle (what a horror show she is!), and Siggy said, ‘Well she’s never done anything bad to me so I don’t dislike her.’

Margaret then said, ‘Hitler never did anything bad to me personally but that doesn’t mean he was a good person.’

Siggy totally lost it and accused Margaret of being anti-Semitic, presumably for daring to mention Hitler in front of a Jewish person? Who knows? It went on for ages.

Anyway, I remember at the reunion show Siggy asked Andy Cohen whether he was offended, as a Jewish man, and he was like ‘Er no. And neither are my parents or anyone I know.’ 😆

And thus ends the Hitlergate saga.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
This is a bit off the top of my head but they were talking about someone, I think Danielle (what a horror show she is!), and Siggy said, ‘Well she’s never done anything bad to me so I don’t dislike her.’

Margaret then said, ‘Hitler never did anything bad to me personally but that doesn’t mean he was a good person.’

Siggy totally lost it and accused Margaret of being anti-Semitic, presumably for daring to mention Hitler in front of a Jewish person? Who knows? It went on for ages.

Anyway, I remember at the reunion show Siggy asked Andy Cohen whether he was offended, as a Jewish man, and he was like ‘Er no. And neither are my parents or anyone I know.’ 😆

god that is so typical real housewives (any reality show i guess) as if only jewish people should be offended by hitler :rolleyes: the fact that anyine of them have that (minimum) historical knowledge shocks me more :LOL:

And now she's a Q-Anon Trump supporter! Completely went off the rails.

• Wow
Apparently they asked Dorinda to take a break because she has a drinking problem. Her response was that she obviously likes a drink but doesn't think she has a problem and her behavior is nothing compared to Sonja who is literally always absolutely wasted at every event but she gets away with it on the show because it's funny. (very reliable source)

Reactions: 4
omg this reminds my most hated moment of Luanne (difficult choice) when she is in a taxi with Bethenny and gets annoyed with her that she gave the driver her first name!
Iconic ✨ I aspire to be that confident lol 😂

• Haha
Apparently they asked Dorinda to take a break because she has a drinking problem. Her response was that she obviously likes a drink but doesn't think she has a problem and her behavior is nothing compared to Sonja who is literally always absolutely wasted at every event but she gets away with it on the show because it's funny. (very reliable source)
weren't there rumours that Dorinda and her bf (are they still together) did coke etc too? Sonja is a mess, I find it sad how obsessed she is with her ex's family/legacy etc

Dorinda was just nasty when she was drunk, Sonja just made a fool of herself.
I’m re-watching the last season now and Dorinda’s behaviour towards Tinsley is just something else, to viewers it just comes out of the blue but I’m guessing it’s mostly to do with the Scott and John money situation.

Reactions: 5
weren't there rumours that Dorinda and her bf (are they still together) did coke etc too? Sonja is a mess, I find it sad how obsessed she is with her ex's family/legacy etc
I think they like to party.... definitely was insinuated on the show

Dorinda was just nasty when she was drunk, Sonja just made a fool of herself.
I’m re-watching the last season now and Dorinda’s behaviour towards Tinsley is just something else, to viewers it just comes out of the blue but I’m guessing it’s mostly to do with the Scott and John money situation.
what was the money situation?

@emm I think Scott loaned John some money for something and Dorinda was angry John had taken money from Scott.

Reactions: 1
I think its sad how Dorinda turned out. I really liked her and she was funny but the turning after having a drink got worse and worse, the turkey baster comment, the almost getting physical (grabbing the door when Luann left upset that time, getting in Ramona and Luann's face pointing in their faces at the finale) im guessing Bravo thought she was a ticking timebomb. While its obvious Sonja is a messy drunk she doesnt turn nasty like Dorinda. Seriously think Dorinda needs some therapy.

This brooks cancer thing on OC is hilarious, he showed a report of his "scan" where it is so badly written some words don't have spaces in. How anyone would believe that is real is beyond me

I think its sad how Dorinda turned out. I really liked her and she was funny but the turning after having a drink got worse and worse, the turkey baster comment, the almost getting physical (grabbing the door when Luann left upset that time, getting in Ramona and Luann's face pointing in their faces at the finale) im guessing Bravo thought she was a ticking timebomb. While its obvious Sonja is a messy drunk she doesnt turn nasty like Dorinda. Seriously think Dorinda needs some therapy.
Yes - Dorinda's big problem is that she's actually quite traditional, old school Catholic and doesn't seem to believe in proper therapy. Not to go all arm-chair psychologist but I get the impression she never dealt with the trauma of losing the love of her life when she was only in her 40s, has bottled it all up all these years and sometimes turns to alcohol/drugs as a release. If she saw a licensed therapist instead of a part-time life coach who was actually a chiropractor, she might actually be able to work through it, find happiness and stop lashing out. But I do think she's got a good heart (unlike Ramona), is capable of empathy (unlike Luann) and isn't completely detached from reality (unlike Sonja). She's got a really nurturing side and you want to root for her. It doesn't hurt that she was the only Democrat in a sea of Trump voters either 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes - Dorinda's big problem is that she's actually quite traditional, old school Catholic and doesn't seem to believe in proper therapy. Not to go all arm-chair psychologist but I get the impression she never dealt with the trauma of losing the love of her life when she was only in her 40s, has bottled it all up all these years and sometimes turns to alcohol/drugs as a release. If she saw a licensed therapist instead of a part-time life coach who was actually a chiropractor, she might actually be able to work through it, find happiness and stop lashing out. But I do think she's got a good heart (unlike Ramona), is capable of empathy (unlike Luann) and isn't completely detached from reality (unlike Sonja). She's got a really nurturing side and you want to root for her. It doesn't hurt that she was the only Democrat in a sea of Trump voters either 😩
100% agree. I dont want to judge someone's way of grieving but she talked about Richard so often it was clear she's never dealt with it properly, its one thing reminiscing its another constantly comparing your current life to your old way of life, i actually felt sorry for John Mehdessian when Dorinda was saying how much she loved bald men to Dennis (rip) and Bethenny and how Richard looked great bald! She also got overly offended about Sonja daring to feel sad about her ex life (although tbf Sonja could do with some help moving on too) -when she blew up at Luann feeling sorry for her bankruptcy/divorce etc because she hadnt had her husband die like she had i was shocked cos people are allowed to be upset about other issues it didn't mean Dorinda's grief was any less! She has a really caring side and could see she was so happy hosting people and setting up her house for halloween and spending time with Hannah its such a shame she turned, i found it telling Hannah doesnt drink maybe she's seen how it ends up.

Reactions: 6
Another Doriander fan here also utterly shocked by the way she was gunning for Tinsley last season.

Luann's narrative arc is the most surprising one for me. Going from being a former nurse to being a Countess to now being a "so tit it's actually tit" cabaret act. But did feel bad for her when she clearly couldn't drink on camera and was surrounded by...well Sonja 😬

On the note of Sonja, I'm sure I read somewhere else (Reddit maybe) that she's quite a shrewd business woman and isn't as messed up as we'd have believe on the show.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.