The Radford Family #8 Radford teen up the duff... Let's get some more new stuff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice they never sit with a group of little ones and read a story. No time I suppose, but something like Each PeachPear Plumor bear hunt where the older ones can join in, as mine did very quickly! Bonnie or Heidie had a dress with The Very Hungry Catterpillar on it and Sue didn’t seem to recognise the dress as being from the book at all, she said something like your dress has a caterpillar on it, maybe if she found that book!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
yea i remember her not knowing who the hungry caterpillar was... i really do think she has mild learning difficulties, its really apparent.

Reactions: 13
yea i remember her not knowing who the hungry caterpillar was... i really do think she has mild learning difficulties, its really apparent.
It’s mad, even if they don’t have the book at home (I have never spotted a single book in the house on any photos/vlogs) surely the children will have read it at school, and would come home and talk about/have done drawings so she would know about it from that?!

Reactions: 6
I notice they never sit with a group of little ones and read a story. No time I suppose, but something like Each PeachPear Plumor bear hunt where the older ones can join in, as mine did very quickly! Bonnie or Heidie had a dress with The Very Hungry Catterpillar on it and Sue didn’t seem to recognise the dress as being from the book at all, she said something like your dress has a caterpillar on it, maybe if she found that book!
How can someone with 22 kids not know who The Very Hungry Caterpillar is?!
That is so sad :( those poor children, reading is so important!

Reactions: 15
There was a vlog awhile back, I think last autumn when Tillie had her first op, where someone sent Tillie a card. She could barely read it, and Millie tried to help her, but even Millie struggled a bit with reading the basic language in the card out loud. It was appalling.

• Wow
  • Sad
Yes, I highly doubt they are read many stories at home, if at all. 😥

I remember when I was World Book Day and Sue thought Archie was dressed as 'Elmo'. No Sue, it's Elmer 🙈

You can guarantee there'll be someone reading to them in a Vlog soon though, just to try and prove they do read after seeing on here that people don't think they do 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
This is easy enough to do and as I have outed myself I will say.
I have a 7, 4, 3 and 1 year old and they love doing story time, we end up reading 3 or 4 books because they never agree on 1, but then I often have the slightly older ones join in. We also love thats not my books, cant resist a new one when they come out!
You can buy some really cute cheap books in the works, we love a good seasonal book too for christmas or halloween.
A couple of mine are dyslexic and even though they struggle with actual words on the page they have enjoyed audio books when a bit older which as a teacher told me is just as good if they struggle.

I dont think Sue has any kind of formal learning difficulty at all, its a lack of education. Her life stopped at 13 and she never needed to do any more because her pathway was mapped out at that point.

• Heart
Didn’t sue say she doesn’t believe in reading and thinks it’s a waste of time in one of the old tv shows? You’d think with 22 kids a good story to calm them and get their attention would be ideal, especially at bedtime.
Agree with the learning difficulties comment, she is likely to be undiagnosed with something like autism imo it would explain a lot. She’s been failed by so many people who should have protected her since Noel started grooming her.
‘Fans’ are finally becoming aware and starting to dislike them, based on comments i’ve read elsewhere recently. They’re not holding anyone’s interest now and they’re not relatable at all.

I've never watched them before on you tube.. Don't think ill bother again. Boring! Do they really just film themselves sitting around eating and chatting, with the kids all clambering over the work tops!?! 🤮

Reactions: 4
Can she read ?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I dont think Sue has any kind of formal learning difficulty at all, its a lack of education. Her life stopped at 13 and she never needed to do any more because her pathway was mapped out at that point.
You've definitely hit the nail on the head there. Sue is incredibly immature, she still presents as a teenager in many ways, because she never had the opportunity to live out that phase of her life in normal circumstances first time around. It's like she'll forever be stuck with that mentality now. I don't believe she has specific learning difficulties either, I just think she's a classic example of someone who never had the opportunity to grow up, emotionally.

Can she read ?
She manages to read everything that's said on here well enough! 😂 So she doesn't have that excuse.

(Whether she's a confident reader or not is another matter, it wouldn't surprise me if she's not, but that's still no excuse not to read regularly to your children. Plus, the more you read aloud to children the more confident you become, especially if you alternate between the classics you and they both quickly learn them off by heart anyway).

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
You would have thought books would be great with a family of this size because they can easily be handed down to younger siblings. But now I’m thinking about it you never do see the kids reading, and there are never books included in their presents.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.