The Radford Family #27 The Radfords try and talk the talk but we know it’s not the dogs they walk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t have my own place when I fell pregnant, I didn’t even buy my own place until after they was born .. time lines mean nothing. Chloe is rather private so we don’t actually know what her situation is., she could be in the process
I wasn't talking about your situation, it's not about you. It is important to have your own place before bringing a kid into the world because that's what independent adults do - provide a roof over their child's head, along with food, love, clothing etc not living with mummy and daddy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Chloe will soon no doubt be dumping the poor kid on sue and Noel or her siblings so she can go out and get trashed every weekend. She’s a drink and party addict so I can’t see her stopping that lifestyle anytime soon
how do you work that one out? not everyone continues their party lifestyle into parenthood and there’s nothing wrong with it when you have no responsibilities either. doesn’t mean she’ll carry it on once her child is born.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
It’s often so simple now to get divorced and having been previously married doesn’t put new parters off, as a society we don’t bat an eyelid at news of other people’s divorces or expect them to work on marriages that they feel are failing…as may have been an old expectation. So it doesn’t mean a child is born into a relationship of lifetime just because the parents got married first.

People choose not to marry for many reasons, but one positive one I can think of is that its more practical for young couples to save their money for a mortgage deposit and own their home before having a baby. Making a decision to spend money on providing a secure home, rather than on a ceremonial event that doesn’t guarantee any difference in commitment level, seems a better choice. Having a child together is a much bigger commitment than marriage anyway.

Referring to a child as a bastard is correct in the definition, but the reality of it is that the term related to circumstances where a woman got herself pregnant without first securing her circumstances by having a man who had declared he was ready to provide for a family (usually by marriage as the symbol of that commitment), many woman would not want to put themselves intentionally in that position where they didn’t have the security of a man and his income. The welfare state (and of course, improvements in equal pay and maternity rights) means that woman no longer need to be worried about having a man to support them (yes, Millie, that’s you, intentionally having babies with no means to support them knowing benefits will pick up the bill).

But in today’s society to have a term for a child born out of wedlock seems illogical…because it doesn’t really say much about the child or their mother, a child can be a ‘bastard’ and be being raised in a home with their mother and father who were in a long term relationship and planned the pregnancy.

The term even in its initial use, seems illogical, why should a child have a negative label attached to them at birth, for something outside of their control? For sure, label the mother a slut if you feel that is what she is…but the child hasn’t done anything they can be judged on.

Chloe has been treated as an extra mother for years, she knows what raising a child involves, she wouldn’t be doing it if she wasn’t ready for it. She gave up her uni course to care for her siblings and has slaved away in the magic pie shop with only a pweirdo for company for most of her adult life doing 5am starts. She also appears to be in a long term relationship and did not get herself pregnant by the first random boy she met at a party willing to have sex with her (hello Millie).

I don’t think it matters that she isn’t married, she’s done better than the other Radford sisters already by waiting until her mid 20s and seems motivated enough that she won’t just use babies as a way to live off the state for the rest of her life.

The change to tax credit rules stopping at 2 kids…is really going to scupper Millie’s plans to he able to live Sue’s lifestyle, which is what she seems to be aiming for, minus the pervert husband and grotty bakery which likely don’t appeal to her which is why she is avoiding both work and commitment to a partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I'm not a member of the Chloe fan club but I am happy for her if she is happy. I think it would be nice if she'd had a few more years of independence BUT by Radford standards she's done well and I doubt the pregnancy was planned anyway.

Owning a home and being married don't inherently make you a better parent. I chose to own a home before I had children as I hated the instability of growing up in rentals, but life doesn't always go as expected and Chloe made her choice to keep the baby (assuming this was unplanned). Marriage is more of an option than a necessity these days. It goes without saying that plenty of parents are married and very financially well off but they make terrible parents! Sue and Noel are currently married and homeowners and have more money than sense, but they aren't winning any awards for great parenting.

I hope she makes the best of the situation and uses her head to do what's best for her baby. I don't think she's as wonderful and amazing as some others here think, but compared to her family she's pretty sensible and responsible and I hope for the childs sake she'll be ok and do better than her parents.

Reactions: 21
Millie’s bay dad posted a few hours ago “due any day soon, mummy and daddy can’t wait to meet you” they’re also no longer friends on Facebook. Be interesting to see if her new kids dad see his son

I sense Millie to be horrid to the baby dad “you’re not seeing her” “you’re not seeing him” but will still claim CSA off them

Reactions: 16
congratulations Chloe,
congratulations Millie .
poor sue I bet she’s crying, that text might have been around the time Chloe told family and why the whole kick of started, 2 kids pregnant when u can’t have anymore must hurt .
noels next plan for a few £££, have all older kids expecting at the time time

Reactions: 10
Chloe has generally received compliments on this thread until now. It seems quite the turnaround because she made a choice in her own life. Ok, she likes going out and having a good time and appears to enjoy a beauty treatment or 7. However, could it be because she has indulged in this during her teens and early-mid twenties she feels ready to have a child now? Just imagine if she lived her life as she wanted to and continued to do so by planning a very much wanted child with her partner. They may have thought it could take a while to conceive but the baby came along before they were handed the keys to their place. They may have thought 'f**k it, we can still save while here with a child because we have worked out our finances'. Yes, this is pure speculation but so it the idea that this pregnancy is unplanned and she is going to dump her kids to carry on a party lifestyle.

Chloe seems happy. She is an adult. She is in a comitted relationship. Try being happy for her rather than cynical because of her parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Chloe has generally received compliments on this thread until now. It seems quite the turnaround because she made a choice in her own life. Ok, she likes going out and having a good time and appears to enjoy a beauty treatment or 7. However, could it be because she has indulged in this during her teens and early-mid twenties she feels ready to have a child now? Just imagine if she lived her life as she wanted to and continued to do so by planning a very much wanted child with her partner. They may have thought it could take a while to conceive but the baby came along before they were handed the keys to their place. They may have thought 'f**k it, we can still save while here with a child because we have worked out our finances'. Yes, this is pure speculation but so it the idea that this pregnancy is unplanned and she is going to dump her kids to carry on a party lifestyle.

Chloe seems happy. She is an adult. She is in a comitted relationship. Try being happy for her rather than cynical because of her parents.
I feel disappointed for her rather than in her. She's been the Radford dogsbody for many years, I would have loved to see her enjoy herself a bit more, settle in a house of her own for the first time and just relax before she had her own. She is however 26, an adult so if this pregnancy was unplanned she's obviously made a choice to continue and seems very happy.
Laughing at an above post that she'll palm it off on Sue... Chloe has been doing Sue's night feeds for years, she'd probably feel safer leaving it with Katie! I think Chloe will be a brilliant mum.

Reactions: 24
Disappointed as in I thought she'd set the bar a bit higher and at least have her own place before getting pregnant instead of living with her boyfriends parents.
Moving in with his parents was only a short term plan I believe, to finally escape the madhouse before getting their own place. I'm sure they plan to do so soon and this will surely only speed things up.

A grown woman of 26, who is in a committed relationship, does not need you to feel 'disappointed' in her reproductive choices 🙄

A little disappointed with Chloe. She's only just moved out of the madhouse and living with her boyfriends parents. The bar is set so low with some of you. 'Stable' relationship? She's been with the guy for what, 2 years? That's nothing. I wish her well and I do believe she will be a better mother than Sue and Millie but still a bit disappointed. Was hoping she would wait to get her own place at least.
Prey tell us how long is a reasonable amount of time, in your opinion, for one's relationship to be considered stable enough for them to start a family? By Radford standards 2 years is a lifetime!

Chloe will soon no doubt be dumping the poor kid on sue and Noel or her siblings so she can go out and get trashed every weekend. She’s a drink and party addict so I can’t see her stopping that lifestyle anytime soon
Is someone who previously enjoyed partying not capable of deciding to settle down then? I see Chloe as someone who went wild in her 'youth' (read early 20s, to make up for how restricted her teens were) as a way of rebelling against the constant babysitting duties. She hadn't experienced freedom before, then perhaps enjoyed it a bit too much when the opportunities finally came her way.

It's totally possible for someone to wake up one day and think this isn't very fulfilling, I want to settle down now.

IF the baby is ever farmed off on Sue and Noel... PAYBACK!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 31
I really am saddened to see the amount of people saying that they are disappointed in Chloe! She's now 26, a grafter, in a stable relationship and lives away from the mad house. I don't think that it's our place to be speculating whether the baby was planned or not - all that really matters is that it will grow up in a safe and loving home (which I have no doubt that Chloe will provide). I am happy for her!
I bet another Radford grandchild must sting for Sue though!

Reactions: 28
Oh I just realised if chloe sells out to the press.....the dream of her 'own' home will be a LOT quicker with a newspaper deal......🤨😏🤔

Reactions: 17
I really am saddened to see the amount of people saying that they are disappointed in Chloe! She's now 26, a grafter, in a stable relationship and lives away from the mad house. I don't think that it's our place to be speculating whether the baby was planned or not - all that really matters is that it will grow up in a safe and loving home (which I have no doubt that Chloe will provide). I am happy for her!
I bet another Radford grandchild must sting for Sue though!
I wholeheartedly agree! Some people are really painting Chloe as some sort of cheap slag and others are judging her for working with her Dad but at least she isn't unemployed and is able to provide for her kid. A lot of these reactions seem a lot harsher than when Millie's pregnancy was revealed.......and Chloe is 26 years old, not 19 years old, unemployed, single and has two kids to two different men.

Reactions: 25
What I find more interesting about Chloes announcement is that Millie has still kept 🤐 so I am wondering what the atmosphere is like in that house.
Millie due any day must be getting to granny and now another child announcing and getting all the praise and attention she must be fuming!!

Also it will be interesting to see if Chloe will get the gifted pram ect or ignored like Chris and Nicole’s.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
I just realised Millie's wording in her comment on Chloe's announcement- "we are so excited to meet our niece or nephew". Of course she could mean "we" as in her and her other siblings, but it seems more likely she's speaking on behalf of herself and her partner. And if her baby daddy has included "mummy" in his own announcement post that could indicate them still being together

Reactions: 8
What I find more interesting about Chloes announcement is that Millie has still kept 🤐 so I am wondering what the atmosphere is like in that house.
Millie die any day must be getting to granny and now another child announcing and getting all the praise and attention she must be fuming!!

Also it will be interesting to see if Chloe will get the gifted pram ect or ignored like Chris and Nicole’s.
Either Millie is scared of the backlash or she's hoping she'll get an exclusive with the Sun, possibly after the birth, and get some $$$

Doesn't Sue have a ton of prams? She could easily give one to Chloe or did Sue sell them?

Either Millie is scared of the backlash or she's hoping she'll get an exclusive with the Sun, possibly after the birth, and get some $$$

Doesn't Sue have a ton of prams? She could easily give one to Chloe or did Sue sell them?
Would be nice for her 1st to have a new one rather than granny’s hand me downs. Especially when Millie got it.

Reactions: 13
Ok, I have too much free time so I was searching through Instagram to try and find Millie's baby daddy 😂 and I came across James's profile. His siblings are following him but his parents are not for whatever reason. Anyway, I realised he has a girlfriend who has 08 in her name, implying she was born in 2008, and would be 13 or 14. James was born in 2003, making him 18 or 19. I hope the 08 is a random number and James is not a little Noel already 😦

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Would be nice for her 1st to have a new one rather than granny’s hand me downs. Especially when Millie got it.
Very true 🙂

Ok, I have too much free time so I was searching through Instagram to try and find Millie's baby daddy 😂 and I came across James's profile. His siblings are following him but his parents are not for whatever reason. Anyway, I realised he has a girlfriend who has 08 in her name, implying she was born in 2008, and would be 13 or 14. James was born in 2003, making him 18 or 19. I hope the 08 is a random number and James is not a little Noel already 😦
She looks older than 13 or 14 so I'd assume it was a random number, at least I hope it is 😬 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.