The Radford Family #12 Sue's womb is like a deflated balloon but Noel hopes to fill it soon

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tracing family is a very personal thing. I agree that both probably need therapy of some sort to deal with the clear lasting emotional effects, but only they can decide whether tracing birth family is the right choice for them.
I completely agree! Counselling would be extremely beneficial for both of them. However, I do believe that it would be in the kids' best interests if they traced their birth family as otherwise situations could get messy. Who knows how many aunts, uncles and cousins the kids may have? Heck, some of the kids may already know their relatives.

It is also worth finding out whether there are any genetic health conditions or predispositions that run in the family. This could help to catch certain illnesses early. It could even save their lives? I know it saved the life of one of my family members. Their sibling died due to a certain genetic disease, prompting several members of my family to get tested. Most tested positive for the condition. This ended up saving the life of a family member when he became ill as he was able to get the right treatment quickly enough to save him, whilst it prevented the others from getting ill by allowing management strategies to be put in place. I have heard of many other situations like this. It really may be good for everyone?

I do believe that they should consult a counsellor about this first and work through their feelings. Tracing birth family is not a decision that should be taken likely and can be very taxing emotionally. There is no obligation for Sue or Noel to do this publicly - it may be nicer for them to do it privately. However, they really ought to help themselves and seek professional help to make things easier for them.

Reactions: 5
I completely agree! Counselling would be extremely beneficial for both of them. However, I do believe that it would be in the kids' best interests if they traced their birth family as otherwise situations could get messy. Who knows how many aunts, uncles and cousins the kids may have? Heck, some of the kids may already know their relatives.

It is also worth finding out whether there are any genetic health conditions or predispositions that run in the family. This could help to catch certain illnesses early. It could even save their lives? I know it saved the life of one of my family members. Their sibling died due to a certain genetic disease, prompting several members of my family to get tested. Most tested positive for the condition. This ended up saving the life of a family member when he became ill as he was able to get the right treatment quickly enough to save him, whilst it prevented the others from getting ill by allowing management strategies to be put in place. I have heard of many other situations like this. It really may be good for everyone?

I do believe that they should consult a counsellor about this first and work through their feelings. Tracing birth family is not a decision that should be taken likely and can be very taxing emotionally. There is no obligation for Sue or Noel to do this publicly - it may be nicer for them to do it privately. However, they really ought to help themselves and seek professional help to make things easier for them.
Tbh, not knowing full family background and medical history is nothing unique to the Radfords. Many grow up estranged from at least one birth parent.

Yes, in an ideal world we'd all know our birth relative's medical history etc, but it's not accessible to all and people get by by taking life as it comes.

Totally up to them whether they trace or not, but I certainly don't think they should do so purely for their children. If they do it, it should primarily be for them. It's not something I think anyone should feel forced into for anyone else but them.

Reactions: 8
i only wear socks if im wearing wellies...I hate wearing them too! Maybe we are the weird ones but most people I know have bare feet indoors 🙈
Bare feet are ok until you step on something, like a piece of Lego but then I suppose they never play with it so they will be ok.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve watched the recent vlogs backwards so it was one just before Christmas Day (food haul one perhaps) and saw Bonnie and Hallie/phoebe running across the dining table
What the hell?! Sue can’t surely think that’s ok?! And I honestly though Bonnie was going to fall off when she got to the end
It’s a miracle they don’t have constant injuries
One thing I notice though is that the younger ones regularly have scratched faces - a lot of scrapping perhaps? Or falls!

Reactions: 7
In regard to them tracing their birth family, and correct me if I am wrong, but I remember in one of the KAC documentaries Noel had already got some information on his birth family and decided that he didn't want to know them. I am certain he got quite upset when talking about it and you really can see he has unresolved emotional trauma.

I think it is wrong for us to suggest that they trace their birth families, especially when people are suggesting it would make "nice content". That is only something that they can decide to do, and ultimately if they do wish to do that I think that they probably should keep it private. Both Sue and Noel are probably suffering from a lot of emotional trauma and resentment because of their adoptions, and just because certain people find it healing to meet their birth family, others do not, and I think it would be unfair on Sue and Noel to share what may potentially be a traumatic and upsetting experience publicly.

It may also be upsetting and confusing for their children too. It wouldn't be nice to see your parents go through something that may bring feelings of past trauma back, and they have grown up with Sue and Noels adoptive parents as their much loved and cherished grandparents.

I have many criticisms of the Radfords, but in this instance Sue and Noel are both victims. They did not choose to be adopted, and they cannot help the trauma that they have suffered from that.

It would definitely benefit both Sue and Noel to get some therapy or psychological help though. Sue more than anyone, given that she was a vulnerable young girl who was impregnated at 13 by a 17 year old . I genuinely feel very sorry for both of them but my heart genuinely does break for Sue. There is definitely a long list of issues wrong with both of them. I am not sure that these issues are going to be magically resolved by them finding their birth parents.

Reactions: 19
I’ve watched the recent vlogs backwards so it was one just before Christmas Day (food haul one perhaps) and saw Bonnie and Hallie/phoebe running across the dining table
What the hell?! Sue can’t surely think that’s ok?! And I honestly though Bonnie was going to fall off when she got to the end
It’s a miracle they don’t have constant injuries
One thing I notice though is that the younger ones regularly have scratched faces - a lot of scrapping perhaps? Or falls!
Ugh this annoys me so much. It’s like Sue wants them to fall??? Why isn’t she telling them to get down! Imagine eating or cooking in a surface where kids have put their feet on 🤢

regarding Daisy, she may just be camera shy im unsure but didn’t someone say she stamped on a dead pigeon on a vlog?

Also Sue pleaseeee show us the rabbits!!! I’m 100% sure Katie and Aimee don’t care for them anymore, poor things they probably get no attention.

I like bare feet too on carpeted areas and on a hot day anywhere in the house (orherwise sliders/slippers for me in the kitchen for example).
However with 3-4 dogs and all those people the amount of dirt and hair on the floor (and u cant see this on camera..) must be horrible so when they are in their pjs AND barefoot I think 'how disgusting they are bathed and then take all that dirt into bed brr..'
What I find strange is when they go outside in winter with no coats on little ones like Bonnie, Archie.

Sorry I have to say this 🤭 what a brat Sophie’s eldest daughter Daisy seems to be! She had her back to Sue and Noel when she was opening a gift FROM THEM and then when Sophie was opening a gift, daisy was chewing the box of the gift and spitting bits out! Wtf?!
I watched this. She didn’t want to be on camera. I don’t think it’s because she was shy like Sophie said, but evident she didn’t want the attention and to be filmed. She hid behind Sophie and come out again after, but I don’t think she was being purposely a brat with a camera shoved in her face

Reactions: 5
I've just watched Part 1 of Christmas and whilst I don't have any particular issue with the amount of presents for the kids, what a mess of a morning. It was stressful just watching.

Surely as a parent, the best part of Christmas is to see your children open their pressies?! How can you see their reactions when they are tearing into gifts after gift at an alarming rate!? How can filming your family's special day take priority over just enjoying the moment!? Both Sue and Noel seemed very disconnected from any excitement the children showed towards their presents. So very sad, I think they are, for want of a better word, bored of the little ones now and are enjoying their relationships with the self-sufficient older children more.

We had a rule growing up that we had to take turns opening presents one at a time. I suppose the Radfords would be there until New Year if they did this.

Definitely thought there was too much focus on Sue and Noel's gifts. I'd much rather have seen the kids showing off their hauls.

Glad to see Chloe got her hairdryer, well deserved, the girl works hard.

Reactions: 9
I watched this. She didn’t want to be on camera. I don’t think it’s because she was shy like Sophie said, but evident she didn’t want the attention and to be filmed. She hid behind Sophie and come out again after, but I don’t think she was being purposely a brat with a camera shoved in her face
hence my apology above 🙃

Reactions: 3
I never like wearing shoes and never have. My mum once said to me that she would know me in heaven because I would be the one with no shoes on! Not just inside the house either, no one in my house wears shoes inside. I could argue that it is worse parenting not to take of your child’s dirty shoes ,from outdoors, when they come indoors, particularly at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I never like wearing shoes and never have. My mum once said to me that she would know me in heaven because I would be the one with no shoes on! Not just inside the house either, no one in my house wears shoes inside. I could argue that it is worse parenting not to take of your child’s dirty shoes ,from outdoors, when they come indoors, particularly at the moment.
We have always worn slippers inside. I detest dirty feet.

Reactions: 1
I walk bare foot outside quite a lot too....as do my kids🙈 mother of the year award to me! 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.