The Radford Family #10 now Ophelia has been born, Noel and Sue will be shagging till dawn!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be honest when large families say that I always think it is proof that they don't give their children much time. The slog isn't about the cooking or cleaning, as everyone does that (although when I'm ironing school uniforms on a Sunday night I often think of Sue!) but it's the slog of meeting so many peoples emotional needs. Mine are getting up now, but still like to come and chat with me about how their day went, any issues, what their teacher feedback was about their latest coursework etc. I have to actively carve out time for the 3 that I have, if there were 20 something or even 10 then I just can't see that being possible. I know all families are different and have different standards, so it's not a criticism as such, more an observation.
Yeah i get you i have 3 and eveyday i will make a point of just having a wee chat with them alone just a chit chat how was your day? How was school? Who did you play with etc, its normal but it gives them a chance to let me know any wee worries or concerns they have and they are listened to. Id imagine with the radfords there couldnt possibly be time for Sue to seek out each of her kids every evening for a natter, they most likely keep all thier worries to themselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So funny, on the company details they have changed the service address on 15 Oct to their accountants ? Office. Did they seriously not realise how easy it was to find their address or was someone too mean to pay extra to the accountant to not release their address? Honestly !
Bit late now though 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Thing is it’s still on company house too 🤦‍♀️
Even once it’s changed there will be a cached copy on google so best they just up their security 👍
Or...
They give a bit back to the public that made them and make out they’re lovely kind people who want to share some of their good fortune 😆

Reactions: 2
What age did sue drop out of school? Why is the only way she can describe something is by saying “I absolutely love...” is that the only phrase you have in your vocabulary?
Also Noels hello fresh advert has made my skin crawl. Why does he sound like he’s selling vagasil

• Haha
Reactions: 8
In the Hello Fresh ad, is the guy nearest the camera Chloe's OH or one of the sons who is never shown?

What age did sue drop out of school? Why is the only way she can describe something is by saying “I absolutely love...” is that the only phrase you have in your vocabulary?
Also Noels hello fresh advert has made my skin crawl. Why does he sound like he’s selling vagasil
Both she and Noel use absolutely for absolutely everything. Their vocabularies are absolutely lacking. They absolutely need to learn anotehr adverb. Though they probably need to learn what an adverb is first.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think the original comment was about normal daily life and housework ect.

Right now its really quiet and any clubs/sports/hobbies that are running with restrictions are very restricted. No actual matches ect. Most indoor activities ask for parents to wait in the car rather than come in. For many its a drop and go situation, which is where hubby comes in handy. But when they do start back up its a logistical nightmare, for us we would split it between us and then you work around each other. Somehow we always managed even when driving over an hour away 3 nights a week plus weekends because one was at national standard. Generally September is not fun when most of the new seasons start and you have to pay for kits and membership/insurance for the year.
Homework is easy, the secondary school kids tend to do their own and will ask for help if needed. The primary kids all do theirs on a Saturday afternoon. Spellings are done daily, and sometimes when doing dinner.
Reading is done just after dinner again the bigger kids dont need to read to us but we will talk about the book.
I guess it seams easy to me because its the routine I am in and once you have a routine that works for you its second nature.

I have never seen a radford do a club or hobby, I am surprised with that many kids there has never been a tutu, a gymnastics leotard or a football kit.

There are lots of smaller families who never do clubs, homework ect too.

I should add opticians or dentist appointments are always fun. You could do them all during a school holiday or half term before if you booked arly in 1 go but due to covid you have to split them. I am in the middle of opticians at the mo and we are doing 2 kids at a time, if/when they need glasses they pic up the week after and we do another 1 or 2.
They all get a bit of time them because we nip for a cheeky lunch or a coffee while waiting.
I know this is none of my business, so feel free to ignore. But, how many kids do you have? And also do you and hubby work? Just as I have 1 kid and I’m basically at work all day, I just wouldn’t have time for loss of kids to do all that with.

I know this is none of my business, so feel free to ignore. But, how many kids do you have? And also do you and hubby work? Just as I have 1 kid and I’m basically at work all day, I just wouldn’t have time for loss of kids to do all that with.
I will say less than 10 and more than 5. Hubby works full time.

We have 11
Husband works full time, I stay at home and chill 😂😂 *joke*

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t really comment on this thread but had to say how ungrateful Tilly or is tillie seemed on her birthday video. She didn’t say thank you once! I kept thinking this is where you say thank you. I for one am big on manners and am very proud that others have commented on my children’s lovely manners. Surely it’s a natural thing as a parent to teach a child good manners? Tilly seemed like she just expected the stuff. This was the old video by the way of her last birthday shown I think.

Reactions: 7
Just seen the Hello Fresh ad. I’ve never subscribed to their service but from what I see the meal packs feed 4 people? So how can they think a family of their size are good ambassadors for the brand? Wrong product placement again I think. Maybe one of the fast food places they eat at would be more lucrative 🍔

Reactions: 5
I don’t really comment on this thread but had to say how ungrateful Tilly or is tillie seemed on her birthday video. She didn’t say thank you once! I kept thinking this is where you say thank you. I for one am big on manners and am very proud that others have commented on my children’s lovely manners. Surely it’s a natural thing as a parent to teach a child good manners? Tilly seemed like she just expected the stuff. This was the old video by the way of her last birthday shown I think.
I went back and watched and she does say thank you when she's done opening presents. There are a lot of editing cuts so who knows what was said between each gift. I don't think a thank you after each gift is required as it just becomes insincere by that point and just a phrase to say instead of a meaningful sentiment one expresses. I don't think she seemed ungrateful at all. She slowly opened each package, tried to give each item attention and show it around and then moved to the next. Annoyingly, both Sue and Noel kept rushing her. It was like every time she wanted to look at something they were telling her to open the next right away. I have extra sympathy for her because this was during the lockdown days of covid and she was also in the plaster and Sue and Noel would mention every other sentence how dealing with her medical care was an absolute nightmare.

This isn't to say that Noel and Sue properly teach manners. They don't at all. They barely parent. I just don't agree that this was a moment of one of the kids being ungrateful.

Reactions: 2
Just seen the Hello Fresh ad. I’ve never subscribed to their service but from what I see the meal packs feed 4 people? So how can they think a family of their size are good ambassadors for the brand? Wrong product placement again I think. Maybe one of the fast food places they eat at would be more lucrative 🍔
Yes as Noel was cooking 5 pieces of fish for the dinner I was wondering how many of them would actually get to try it. He looked soooo awkward in that ad.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.