Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

emmawhu

VIP Member
If ever we needed evidence of how thick Sue is, she's captioned the picture of her, Heidie and Ophelia as "three generations in one picture" on fb 🙈

Err, no Sue. Three generations in one picture would be you, Millie and Ophelia together. Baby, mum and grandma.

Just because Heidie is technically Ophelia's auntie, doesn't make them different generations. They are exactly the same age, so they are the same generation!

I guess it must get confusing when each generation of your family is so entwined with some nieces and nephews older than aunties and uncles etc. I mean, Sue's only 14 year older than her eldest, Chris, yet he's 30 years older than his youngest siblings. That in itself is mind boggling!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
Noel actually asked Millie if she wanted to carry the baby in and she said No. He also repeatedly told her to sit down so she could rest and asked the others to move for her.

Reactions: 37

Officedoor123

VIP Member
I watched the vlog and was generally pleasantly surprised. I thought Sue was supportive at the hospital, praised Millie lots, said how beautiful Ophelia was over and over, didnt feed Ophelia while Millie was in theatre, said how well Millie had done several times. Coming home to that house would be my worst nightmare but Millie is used to it (except the camera crew), and I can see how comforting it would be to have all that support. I went home with my dh and our first baby to our home, no relatives for miles around, and I was scared stiff! I think a second degree tear is horrible, going to theatre can be traumatic, she's only young still, and she seemed to be doing ok. And the elephant in the room for me is that the father isnt there, there's no partner for Millie, once everyone has left them alone to go, look at what we made, isnt she beautiful, etc I think Sue and Noel did a good job of looking after Millie, supporting her through the birth, telling her how proud they are. They must feel the lack of a partner as well, and I think they are trying to fill that gap a bit.

Reactions: 33
Well that was interesting watching. Poor Ophelia, stark naked on the scales being weighed. I was confused at the start when they said Millie only had gas and air but had canulas in her hands. And when at home a house full of kids and camera crew, poor Millie. I just hope she is being paid well from this.
She would have been given fluids for having her tare for starters, and they said she spiked a fever so again may have ran IV antibiotics through the line.
I’m a midwife sorry 🤣 like to stick my nose in! Just wanted to point out a cannula doesn’t mean pain relief was administered. Had 3 cannulas with my 2 and didn’t have pain relief. Just hormone drops and fluids

Reactions: 33
Attempting to moderate, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user
Sorry but I think Alfie is now just a photo opportunity too. New baby meets big brother.
Orfeeya will be off down the cemetery this week for photo op, umm I mean to meet her uncle.
I am not saying they were not devistated at the time but like the other kids he’s forgotten.
Sorry but I have to say, I find this comment very out of order and below the belt! Not necessary at all. Say what you want about the family and i Agree with 99.9% of it tbh, but this is just wrong.
You can not accuse a mother of a stillborn baby to “have forgotten” I’m sure sue wishes she could forget! It would haunt you forever.

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Mrs Cucumber

VIP Member
Pandemic aside, I just wanted to give Millie a hug. The poor girl looked so overwhelmed and lost! She needed her mum to be a mum not bloody filming her!

• Heart

sunflower_boot

I watched the vlog and was generally pleasantly surprised. I thought Sue was supportive at the hospital, praised Millie lots, said how beautiful Ophelia was over and over, didnt feed Ophelia while Millie was in theatre, said how well Millie had done several times. Coming home to that house would be my worst nightmare but Millie is used to it (except the camera crew), and I can see how comforting it would be to have all that support. I went home with my dh and our first baby to our home, no relatives for miles around, and I was scared stiff! I think a second degree tear is horrible, going to theatre can be traumatic, she's only young still, and she seemed to be doing ok. And the elephant in the room for me is that the father isnt there, there's no partner for Millie, once everyone has left them alone to go, look at what we made, isnt she beautiful, etc I think Sue and Noel did a good job of looking after Millie, supporting her through the birth, telling her how proud they are. They must feel the lack of a partner as well, and I think they are trying to fill that gap a bit.
100% agree with this! Don't agree with everything they do but I thought they were great with the support for Millie, especially as she was doing it on her own - I can see how some thought it a bit over the top in the labor vlog with the stopping for snacks obsession and the "how exciting, are you excited, we're having a baby" but to me it felt like Sue was trying to fill the space of what a partner would be saying and trying to provide a bit of extra support there. Even with coming home and carrying the baby in, having the support of her family there would fill anything that was missing. It was sweet how the girls baked a cake and the younger kids made cards to welcome them home with.

saltymermaid

The one thing I actually enjoyed in the vlog was Sue saying she didn't want to give Ophelia her first bottle when Millie was in theatre, even though Millie said it was okay. I thought that was nice. Everything else in the vlog was either dull or annoying, especially all that noise when Millie came home. I couldn't imagine giving birth then having to come home to a circus house. It would be exhausting and infuriating.

Reactions: 30
I’m not going to lie, I think a lot of the people on this thread are really trying to find an issue with the last vlog.
You can have iv’s for things other than pain relief.
Millie knew exactly what the house would be like when she got home and I think her parents were very respectful (for once) to want Millie to do the first feed, Noel asked if she wanted to carry her in and told her to sit down etc.
I know these threads are made for this but I actually think people are picking at stuff that’s not there.

I’m not going to lie, I think a lot of the people on this thread are really trying to find an issue with the last vlog.
You can have iv’s for things other than pain relief.
Millie knew exactly what the house would be like when she got home and I think her parents were very respectful (for once) to want Millie to do the first feed, Noel asked if she wanted to carry her in and told her to sit down etc.
I know these threads are made for this but I actually think people are picking at stuff that’s not there.
Lol and that’s not me defending them because the way Noel said ‘can we have one’ sounded like the most staged cringe thing I’ve ever heard and my arsehole shrivelled up a little bit.

• Haha
Reactions: 30

kat101

Can you imagine David Attenborough doing a voice over on their show 🤣

"Now here we have Sue.....a strange product of nature I'll admit....but unfortunately a very wasteful one....this odd looking family produces a huge amount of landfill waste....and why....Well due to their huge breeding programme of course....

Keepers at the radford enclosure tried many times to insert contraceptives....but failed....and now in their consumer driven environment.....disaster! As they continue to grow and become ever more wasteful....." to be continued...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

MadamMim

I still can't get my head around the names, to be perfectly honest!
Millie, Ellie and Tillie - what the?
Luke James and James Edward?
Alfie and Archie?
Phoebe and Ophelia?
Jack and Jacob?
Daisy and Maisie?
Hallie and Heidie?
I still can't get over Bonnie and Heidie to be honest. Bonnie is one of those names that just doesn't float my boat and Heidie is just awful. Who names their kid something with the word 'die' in it? It's like they want the kids to be picked on.
I think you mean:
Milleh, Elleh and Tilleh
Luwk, Jehmz
Alfeh, Archeh
Feebeh, Ughfeeliyuh
Jack, Jehkub
Dayzeh, Mayzeh
Halleh, Haidee
Bonneh

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Sp20191

VIP Member
Didn’t someone mention that they’ve never seen them eat their own pies?!

Surprise surprise....they’re having pie for tea 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I haven't managed to get through the vlog yet but Millie has seen a newborn being brought home at least 10-15 times that she can remember, bringing her own baby home must have been the same, I doubt she was expecting a quiet house with Sue waiting on her hand and foot. There is no calm and order in that house...I think many posters are projecting their ideal bringing home a baby scenario, when it simply wouldn't work in the Radford house. And I'm very glad Noel carried the baby, when I had a second degree tear just lifting the baby out so much strain on my stitches, let alone the car seat too.

I can't believe I'm saying this but as a yiung, single mum the Radford household is a great place to be. She has plenty of siblings who are used to doing night feeds so hopefully she'll get some rest. It's Heidie I feel sorry for, she will seem old now and the only time she'll feature is when she's wearing an outfit that matches Ophelia's.

Reactions: 28

emmawhu

VIP Member
I think people are greatly over exaggerating what's actually in the vlog. Millie looked like a typical person giving birth, she only had gas and air, she looked very tired but mentioned that she hadn't slept well for a couple of days, and then when she got home mentioned how normal she was feeling. I agree with you on the madhouse, though. Most of them seem used to it and Millie was super involved in taking pictures of all the kids holding Ophelia.
She spent nearly 2 hours in theatre less than 24 hours before coming home for a 2nd degree tear. She must have been very sore, despite putting on a brave face saying she felt fine. The absolute last thing she needed was to return to that noise and chaos.

I really feel for Millie as she's seen her mother 'bounce back' so many times and must automatically feel the pressure to present herself in the same way (Millie, your mum is simply lucky, not superwoman, so please don't compare).

She had no say whatsoever in how Ophelia was introduced to the family. It was past 9pm. The fact they simply had to keep every single child up to scream and jump all over them, just because there was a film crew there to film it, was sick and indulgent to say the least. Millie deserved to peacefully return to calm and order, quickly introduce Ophelia to the older ones still up and retreat to bed. When she was ready, in the morning, the little ones could have been taken down in small groups for a quick peek. It's their niece, not even their sibling. They have no automatic right to instant cuddles. It was simply all for show for the camera and Millie didn't deserve that. Despite what she and the family said, I don't think she looked well at all bless her. That circus really was the last thing she needed.

I think regardless of her conception and the way her father might have acted the last 9 months I'd the Radfords want to have the moral high ground Millie would have contacted the father to advise him of the birth.

It takes two to tango and now she's here he might decide that he should do the right thing and be involved in his daughters life.
To be fair, none of us know how the father found out. I totally agree with you IF they chose not to contact him, but we don't know for sure they didn't. They just didn't mention him on the vlog (to be fair, why would they? It would ruin their all is rosy image).

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
I always wonder what the point is when people say they have tea on people and then when people ask, they’re like ah can’t say anything. Why bother saying anything then?

Reactions: 25

remon

I know this is old, but i was reading this previous thread and this comment ENDED me 💀
46f2afa9-ca87-481c-b8a8-f6aaea61f26e.png

1583613046750.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

kat101

I actually read this in DA's voice 🤣🤣🤣
Haha brilliant its too funny

"And here the alpha male mounts the female in the relentless pursuit of reproducing.
The female relents.....after all a successful mating brings a whole new series of free gifts from the onlookers and possibly another newspaper article payingfor the upkeep of the giant group."

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24