Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WotsitG1

VIP Member
Hoping it’s sunny so I can hide away in the garden…. Avoiding the street party that’s going on down our road!!

Reactions: 1

Bobbleowl90

VIP Member
Thought you weren’t allowed to drink/sleep on the streets? Seems rules don’t apply for those last night and today. What a strange country we live in.

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
I'll enjoy it as much as I do any other bank holiday weekend. I haven't heard about anyone in my south London high rise having a corridor party 🤔

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
I'm not really a Royalist, I haven't been for a long time. If it were up to me, I would happily go and do my own thing during the long break coming up. But as my partner has insisted on putting up bunting ect, I might just join in. We'll see how it goes.

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I’m shocked at some of the answers on here - I expected a few ‘don’t cares’, but the majority of you don’t 😢. This is something we will never see again in our lifetime. The Queen has devoted her whole life to serving her country and totally deserves it to be celebrated. Maybe I’m older than most of you and that’s why I feel that way 🤷🏻‍♀️. Each to their own anyway. God Save The Queen 🇬🇧
I mean this forum is a vert small sample size. There are absolutely loads of people who will be celebrating it. I imagine London will be packed to the rafters, people buying a load of commemorative bits etc. I don't personally care for it that much, but I understand that there are plenty of people who do.

aymef

I just don’t agree with it, I find it hypocritical. I wouldn’t take a day off for a religious festival I’m not a member of the community of. I am religious and do celebrate my own religious festivals, but wouldn’t dare do it for Eid for example as I’m not Muslim.
it’s not quite the same though is it- my employers don’t shut for Eid, but they have for this.

Skipping parties and jubilee related stuff and instead going to a local Caribbean food festival, much more up my street. The monarchy should die with the Queen, it won’t though sadly

Last edited:

Usagisakura90

Chatty Member
I booked a ticket a while ago to see a musical in London, not thinking or even realising the celebrations would be on 😅

I was like oh yes finally time for me to do something fun for myself and Il pop to platform 9¾ too, but it's going to be sooooo busy 😅

• Heart

Whatamadworld

Chatty Member
I cannot imagine the amount of people in London and Windsor next weekend. It will be absolutely crammed. Good job covid isn't what it was otherwise it would be the most super spreader event out there.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Is anyone going all out celebrating or is it just a free bank holiday weekend for most?

was interested to see if many people had events scheduled in their area, were putting flags out, were planning on holding a party or attending one…..

and if they’re locked out in the cold…
Are you inviting the LA -red carpet royal- Markles.
(Please don’t argue about the markles here, we have a thread for that 😂)

emm

VIP Member
With respect, I don't think 'if' comes into it.
I came here to comment that , love the optimism about medical advances :ROFLMAO:
I am not a royalist at all, but isn't Charles extremely unpopular? I don't think it is even indifference like with some of the others

Sweetcouchpotato

My life has been so shitty recently that it has kind of snuck up on me and we're not celebrating in any way, although we did for the golden and diamond. Mostly I think it's all very nice for her and her family. I respect the Queen. The rest I have less tolerance for. It just isn't meaningful to me personally. I love Britain and I'm proud to be British but there's so much going on for me in my own life that jubilee is essentially just annoying because of closed shop/services. My foreign friends are all giddy over it though, buying loads of jubilee tat and throwing parties in America and several European countries which I find a little odd - and they find my indifference odd too!

Tangent Tiger

VIP Member
It clashes with an anniversary date so I think I may try to duck the whole jubilee and visit a small town instead.

paigelemonade

VIP Member
All of the post boxes near me (South London/Surrey) are George - I can’t remember the last time I saw one with ER on it. They don’t change the existing ones, it’s only new ones that will be for Charles when the time comes.
All the post boxes in Plymouth/South West are ER 😂

Kim Mild

VIP Member
Last jubilee in 2012 one of my friends organised a massive party we all went to.

I'm probably not doing anything this weekend, eldest child is away, youngest isn't interested. If I was still with my partner we'd probably have done a barbeque but since I'm now on my own, will just be sitting at home. Maybe I'll make a mini afternoon tea for myself :) I'd like to do something more but no one I know is celebrating it locally
I would really like some bunting but have been in about 20 shops and none seem to have any (I remember it being everywhere in 2012 but I guess that was also due to the run up to the Olympics etc
I remember the Olympic Torch coming round in early June 2012 more than I do the Jubilee.