“The other women”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll bite and come in as the person who new they were the other woman. To make it even worse, as well as him being in a 3 year relationship that I knew about, I was in a 5 year one and thought I was happy (the fact I cheated tells me I must not have been).

Started randomly after drunk night out and we just carried on meeting up for months until his girlfriend finally found out.

Looking back I have no idea why I did it (except for me being a piece of tit, I suppose). We both broke up with our partners and I've never seen the other guy since. Luckily my ex is doing well and is happy now. I haven't wanted to be with anyone since as I feel like I don't deserve to but also I don't trust myself and never want to hurt anyone like that again.

Open to judgement and criticism as I know I deserve it.
It sounds like you learned from this experience. You should have reflected on your desire to cheat and where it comes from and talked to your former partner about it, but you know that now.
Of course you deserve being in a relationship and you can learn to trust yourself again.

Reactions: 5
I'll bite and come in as the person who new they were the other woman. To make it even worse, as well as him being in a 3 year relationship that I knew about, I was in a 5 year one and thought I was happy (the fact I cheated tells me I must not have been).

Started randomly after drunk night out and we just carried on meeting up for months until his girlfriend finally found out.

Looking back I have no idea why I did it (except for me being a piece of tit, I suppose). We both broke up with our partners and I've never seen the other guy since. Luckily my ex is doing well and is happy now. I haven't wanted to be with anyone since as I feel like I don't deserve to but also I don't trust myself and never want to hurt anyone like that again.

Open to judgement and criticism as I know I deserve it.
There's remorse there from you. Yeah its a crappy to do - it would be a lot worse if you didnt care and carried on that pattern of behaviour. But you havent. Build up trust in yourself and your self esteem. Dont let that define you/your relationships.

Reactions: 6
A friend of mine turned into a bit of a femme fatale after a bad breakup.

She met this guy on a dating app, he had stated "non-monogamy" in his profile. They met and he explained that he had a girlfriend for ten years or so, but was not the monogamous type. He was always interested in other women, even with his first girlfriend.
His current long-term partner does not know that he had always been cheating on her, as he had someone else on the side when they got together she she took this very badly.
He would typically visit the women at home, stay for the evening, have sex and then leave.

My friend invited him to hers once, but then also asked to see his place. He invited her over during the day when both were off work and his girlfriend was at work, they had breakfast in their kitchen, sat and snogged in their lounge and then had sex in the bedroom, on the bed he shared with his girlfriend.

My friend then left and never contacted him again. She didn't feel bad, she laughed when she told me this.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I’ll bite. I was the ‘other woman’ - he was married and had three kids. I knew this. I was also married. We entered into an emotional affair willingly and knowingly. It was some of the best times of my life, but the fallout from it was bad for me and not for him (he ‘got away’ with it). I don’t blame him, It was what it was and we both knew what the consequences could be

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I’ll bite. I was the ‘other woman’ - he was married and had three kids. I knew this. I was also married. We entered into an emotional affair willingly and knowingly. It was some of the best times of my life, but the fallout from it was bad for me and not for him (he ‘got away’ with it). I don’t blame him, It was what it was and we both knew what the consequences could be
What made you get involved with him, knowing that? (Typical he got away with it!)

Would you mind to share more about the fallout?

What made you get involved with him, knowing that? (Typical he got away with it!)
I was (I thought) ‘in love’ with him. In reality it was infatuation, and I had the unrealistic fantasy of us both leaving our partners and running away together into the sunset

Would you mind to share more about the fallout?
It broke up my marriage. His survived, then, as his wife didn’t find out about me. He subsequently went on to have another affair and that was what ended his marriage

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I was (I thought) ‘in love’ with him. In reality it was infatuation, and I had the unrealistic fantasy of us both leaving our partners and running away together into the sunset

It broke up my marriage. His survived, then, as his wife didn’t find out about me. He subsequently went on to have another affair and that was what ended his marriage
Oh no, but you said you only had an emotional affair?
Why did your marriage break up and why didn't he "run away" with you, especially if he then had another affair? Seems unfair.
How did your ex-husband find out?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I could kind of see myself in this situation (an emotional affair). Pls don't answer if I am being too nosey.

Reactions: 1
what exactly is an emotional affair?
you didn’t have sex?

he was married and had three kids. I knew this.
It’s hard to feel any sympathy for you, you knowingly set out to destroy a family, word gymnastics aside because I don’t really understand “emotional affair”

you reap what you sow 😐

Thank you for sharing. The judgement can hold back discussion.
Just putting it out there,
once kids are involved there is no discussion IMO.
You’re trash. 😐

• Angry
Reactions: 7
you didn’t have sex?

It’s hard to feel any sympathy for you, you knowingly set out to destroy a family, word gymnastics aside because I don’t really understand “emotional affair”

you reap what you sow 😐

You’re trash. 😐
i never asked for any sympathy

Oh no, but you said you only had an emotional affair?
Why did your marriage break up and why didn't he "run away" with you, especially if he then had another affair? Seems unfair.
How did your ex-husband find out?

Sorry for asking so many questions, I could kind of see myself in this situation (an emotional affair). Pls don't answer if I am being too nosey.
my husband (rightly) was angry at the infidelity and couldn’t forgive me. I think if it had been physical and ‘just sex’ he may have done but it was the fact that I was sharing emotional intimacy with another that was the worst thing for him. He found out because I started to feel guilty and I told him

The other man - well, he ostensibly didn’t want to leave his wife and kids but that didn’t stop him then shagging around again after me so *shrug*. I don’t hold any malice towards him

Reactions: 7
You’re trash. 😐
I don’t understand the point of this thread at this point. People are sharing their experiences or stories and are just being called trash by you?! I mean congratulations if you’ve never had feelings for somebody who was in a relationship but it doesn’t make you better then everybody else who’s sharing their stories ?!

• Heart
Reactions: 79
I get this is a thread which could trigger lots of opinions, but of all of the forums I've been on this is the only place that I've seen a moderator call someone trash before.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
you didn’t have sex?

you reap what you sow 😐

You’re trash. 😐
😳 Calling her trash is too far.

Reactions: 41
I don’t understand the point of this thread at this point. People are sharing their experiences or stories and are just being called trash by you?! I mean congratulations if you’ve never had feelings for somebody who was in a relationship but it doesn’t make you better then everybody else who’s sharing their stories ?!
I get this is a thread which could trigger lots of opinions, but of all of the forums I've been on this is the only place that I've seen a moderator call someone trash before.
I’m a member, not just a moderator.

also, nobody knows if I’ve been the wife, the partner, the child of a cheating father, so if I want to say a woman who knowingly enters into a relationship with a father and husband is trash, I’ll say it.
It’s a tit thing to do, tit. Especially if kids are involved.
If people can give sympathy and console I’m gonna do similar for the victims of the situation.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
An emotional affair a long, long time ago. Nothing physical happened but it was messed up and I felt and still feel terrible for his (now ex) girlfriend. They didn't break up because of me and I learnt afterwards that he was a serial cheater.

Reactions: 2
I think people on the thread know if they willingly got into a relationship with a married man and became the other woman their not doing a good thing . Isn’t it a thread about people telling their stories rather than getting judged for it 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 37

also, nobody knows if I’ve been the wife, the partner, the child of a cheating father, so if I want to say a woman who knowingly enters into a relationship with a father and husband is trash, I’ll say it.
It’s a tit thing to do, tit. Especially if kids are involved.
If people can give sympathy and console I’m gonna do similar for the victims of the situation.
If youre triggered by this topic,maybe skip past it? But the tone of your past is uncomfortable for several other posters outside of the lady you were directing it too. That should tell you everything you need to know

Reactions: 43

It’s a shut thing to do, tit. Especially if kids are involved.
I think everybody with a brain cell knows that sleeping with somebody else’s fella is wrong. Nobody has come on here and been like I’m so proud this is what I did… but people are sharing their stories to just be called trash. I think it puts people off what could be an interesting thread, plus If I commented that on any other thread I’m pretty sure I’d get a warning for arguing or goading or derailing or something!!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.