“The other women”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because a person has a relationship/sees someone or gets involved with someone else who happens to be in a relationship shouldn’t automatically make them have 0 self respect or morals. Morals and self respect can be subjective per person.

When people throw so much hatred and tar the “other woman” with the same tit (sometimes if not more) as the cheater it just screams insecurity, bitterness and jealousy from the one who’s been cheated on. It’s a very sad situation no doubt.

The cheater is the one in the wrong. They’ve committed the adultery. They are the ones with 0 morals and self respect. Not the single person.
Yeah they are the one making a choice to deceive others.

Unless the single person is deliberately going after someone they know is married and not giving off vibes of being interested.

It's really not a black and white situation when it comes to cheating, like with most things.
Nope not at all. That’s why I hate people calling the “other women” awful names as we don’t know what they have been told or believed.

Reactions: 10
Unless the single person is deliberately going after someone they know is married and not giving off vibes of being interested.
But even if a single person deliberately goes for a married person, the married one still makes that decision to cheat. We are all responsible for our own actions. We can’t blame other people for our own choices and actions.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But even if a single person deliberately goes for a married person, the married one still makes that decision to cheat. We are all responsible for our own actions. We can’t blame other people for our own choices and actions.
just as bad if not worse.
Their intent is to destroy a relationship and hurt innocent people. It’s Fucked up

• Heart
Reactions: 6
just as bad if not worse.
But the one in the relationship is the one to blame. They did the cheating. They make that decision.

Has anyone known of a single woman who has made a married man cheat on their wife with her? Like they’ve actually pounced on the man like the 0 moral no self-respect trash they are and held a gun to his head????

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But the one in the relationship is the one to blame. They did the cheating. They make that decision.

Has anyone known of a single woman who has made a married man cheat on their wife with her? Like they’ve actually pounced on the man like the 0 moral no self-respect trash they are and held a gun to his head????
some women are in fact like this, perfect description.

bit extreme, but look at it another way,
if a drug dealer sells drugs, their addict overdoses, is the dealer blameless?
He didn’t force the addict to buy from him, the addict could have found another dealer, so it’s not the dealers fault he agreed to sell to him, it’s the addicts fault he’s the one taking the drugs…,

Or are they both to blame.

Reactions: 2
I think there are people that do exactly that yes. Some people are destructive and enjoy drama.
Again though, every situation is different. So whilst there are of course some who are destructive, a lot of people catch genuine feelings for these men and are possibly sold a dream. They’re caught up in their feelings.

Also sorry but if I was single, and I got involved with a married man, why do I owe his wife anything. I don’t know her at all?! The opinion on this thread a lot of the time seems to be that women should have loyalty to women they don’t know, not the men who married them. It’s bizarre to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Again though, every situation is different. So whilst there are of course some who are destructive, a lot of people catch genuine feelings for these men and are possibly sold a dream. They’re caught up in their feelings.

Also sorry but if I was single, and I got involved with a married man, why do I owe his wife anything. I don’t know her at all?! The opinion on this thread a lot of the time seems to be that women should have loyalty to women they don’t know, not the men who married them. It’s bizarre to me.
It 100% comes down to the one who took the vows to keep them. But I do think it's pretty gross to instigate relations with someone who is married/in a committed relationship knowingly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
some women are in fact like this, perfect description.

bit extreme, but look at it another way,
if a drug dealer sells drugs, their addict overdoses, is the dealer blameless?
He didn’t force the addict to buy from him, the addict could have found another dealer, so it’s not the dealers fault he agreed to sell to him, it’s the addicts fault he’s the one taking the drugs…,

Or are they both to blame.
But even if some women are exactly like my previous description, isn’t it still the man who chooses to cheat? They don’t have to cheat. But they do, and that “other woman” shouldn’t be labelled as being on the same scale as the man. The man who is in fact the actual adulterer.

With drug dealing that’s a whole separate concept. It’s illegal to sell drugs. It isn’t illegal to “go after a married man”. Isn’t comparable really.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It 100% comes down to the one who took the vows to keep them. But I do think it's pretty gross to instigate relations with someone who is married/in a committed relationship knowingly.
Yeah but what if he told me that they were only living together for the children, they didn’t share a bed and they remained together to keep face. It may not have been true but if I believed it and fell for him then why am I the family destroyer and gross. That’s him no?!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yeah but what if he told me that they were only living together for the children, they didn’t share a bed and they remained together to keep face. It may not have been true but if I believed it and fell for him then why am I the family destroyer and gross. That’s him no?!
Tbf I did say if they were to instigate it knowingly. This is a different scenario, like I said its never black and white. I also don't think once a cheater always a cheater, sometimes people do meet the one whilst with someone they thought they loved for example x

• Heart
But even if some women are exactly like my previous description, isn’t it still the man who chooses to cheat? They don’t have to cheat. But they do, and that “other woman” shouldn’t be labelled as being on the same scale as the man. The man who is in fact the actual adulterer.

With drug dealing that’s a whole separate concept. It’s illegal to sell drugs. It isn’t illegal to “go after a married man”. Isn’t comparable really.
I think you’re looking at it from a legal point of view.
“Adulterer” “illegal”

I’m talking morals, not legal implications

Reactions: 3
I think you’re looking at it from a legal point of view.
“Adulterer” “illegal”

I’m talking morals, not legal implications
Im an atheist so to me adultery isn’t a law. It’s not even a UK law. Grounds for divorce, absolutely. But not illegal. Selling and supplying drugs, very illegal.

But from a “moral” perspective. If a person sells and supplies drugs that’s on them. If an addict has a bad batch and dies, the addict made the conscious decision to take them. If the addict didn’t have the mental capacity to make a conscious decision then sadly that’s a safeguarding issue. Again totally non-comparable to cheating in a marriage or relationship.

I still don’t get why the woman is to blame for a man making a conscious decision to cheat on his wife.

To me the women’s “morals” shouldn’t even come into it. The married mans morals should though.

Tbh threads would be boring if everyone agreed so really is interesting to see the clash of opinions 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
To me the women’s “morals” shouldn’t even come into it. The married mans morals should though.
Tbh threads would be boring if everyone agreed so really is interesting to see the clash of opinions
but the thread is about “the other woman” so I think it’s fair to question their morals or lack of morals.

fully agree with this!!!! And so glad some feel the same. Different opinions make it interesting.

Reactions: 9
but the thread is about “the other woman” so I think it’s fair to question their morals or lack of morals.

fully agree with this!!!! And so glad some feel the same. Different opinions make it interesting.
Im just under the impression morals are subjective.

If a married man cheats on his wife with (single) woman X. That doesn’t make woman X be a woman of no morals. To me. Obviously others will have a difference of opinion.

Imagine us all on the panel of GB News or Loose Women 🤣

Reactions: 3
I’ve been the other woman, twice, and both times I had no idea at the time.

the first time, my uni boyfriend used to go home at the weekend to work on a Saturday. Turned out he had a uni girlfriend and home girlfriend. I’m not sure this entirely counts as being the “other” woman as there was neither of us, then both of us… the home girlfriend became an ex pretty quickly when she arrived to surprise him one morning when he had a day of work. She was more surprised than he was……..

We ended up dating on and off the rest of uni, I met his home friends etc, and he left his home job (but it was term time only thing because I didn’t trust him 🤷🏻‍♀️) made sense at the time, looking back I’m an idiot.

Second time, I had absolutely no idea, and still to this day am not entirely sure but something was definitely off. Not going into details but it wasn’t that serious, and as soon as I started to have suspicions, I broke it off. He disappeared, so I’m fairly sure I was right but no proof.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.