The Nurse Mum #13 Come fly with me to my next go fund me!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Before I had my children I was a children’s nurse, working with children with life limiting health issues and genetic conditions.

You cannot base the decision to have a child who may be life limited or face incredibly hard challenges on what someone like Kathleen says.
Yes, the support for families with children with these issues is often very lacking or tit, no, no one is saying these children aren’t loved and valued, yes, they can have quality of life, but having worked with children who went through things that no healthy grown adult would ever be able to deal with if they suddenly were inflicted on them, and children who despite everything really didn’t have a quality of life or an ability to consent to what was happening to them, it really isn’t how she’s making it to be.
I would terminate if we were told we were pregnant with a child with a condition that was going to limit their life, leave them requiring 24 hour care, support all their life and someone else to look after them when we died. I would not expect their siblings to step in, or other family. Not because I hate or don’t value disabled and life limited children but because I’ve seen what they go through and I don’t think it’s fair to choose that life for them in many many situations.

but if a parent chooses not to terminate, I would support them in that choice too.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Before I had my children I was a children’s nurse, working with children with life limiting health issues and genetic conditions.

You cannot base the decision to have a child who may be life limited or face incredibly hard challenges on what someone like Kathleen says.
Yes, the support for families with children with these issues is often very lacking or tit, no, no one is saying these children aren’t loved and valued, yes, they can have quality of life, but having worked with children who went through things that no healthy grown adult would ever be able to deal with if they suddenly were inflicted on them, and children who despite everything really didn’t have a quality of life or an ability to consent to what was happening to them, it really isn’t how she’s making it to be.
I would terminate if we were told we were pregnant with a child with a condition that was going to limit their life, leave them requiring 24 hour care, support all their life and someone else to look after them when we died. I would not expect their siblings to step in, or other family. Not because I hate or don’t value disabled and life limited children but because I’ve seen what they go through and I don’t think it’s fair to choose that life for them in many many situations.

but if a parent chooses not to terminate, I would support them in that choice too.
I do think there’s a difference in the discussion on an American TV show too because of their healthcare system, people are being literally bankrupted by medical bills, I’m not saying you’d base a decision solely on that but I’m sure it’s a consideration in the same way you would consider if you’re financially able to take care of any child

Reactions: 14
Still going on about love is blind 🙄
She loves nothing more than attacking health care professionals. All women have the right to choose, irrespective of jobs, race, age. Those working in the NHS including slt's are not saints and should not be judged by a different standard of morals. Our bodies, our lives, our choice.

Reactions: 13
Hang on,

why would you need carers when you literally take your child to luxury hotels and holidays, without a carer?
To me, if I was reading her application I’d be like yeh nah this person is looking for a baby sitter. Not a carer.

Wtf is going on with her accent? Is that a Nottingham accent??
The Nottingham accent is a strange one, I have lived here all my life and we don’t really have a strong accent like say Newcastle or Liverpool. People I meet never know where I am from also I think she is actually from Leicester

Reactions: 2
Wtf is going on with her accent? Is that a Nottingham accent??
She puts it on. She goes in and out of her normal
Accent - then sometimes she put on this ridiculous “ghetto” accent and other times she’s trying to talk like the queen.

Reactions: 8
The Nottingham accent is a strange one, I have lived here all my life and we don’t really have a strong accent like say Newcastle or Liverpool. People I meet never know where I am from also I think she is actually from Leicester
Yes I totally agree it is quite a neutral accent isn't it. I'm from Newcastle so I see what you mean. I hate hearing the Geordie accent on the TV they make us sound so thick (which in the case of Geordie Shore is quite true)

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Yes I totally agree it is quite a neutral accent isn't it. I'm from Newcastle so I see what you mean. I hate hearing the Geordie accent on the TV they make us sound so thick (which in the case of Geordie Shore is quite true)
No, the Geordie accent NEVER! sounds thick. It's the friendliest,warmest accent ever!! I am a proper southern girl but have family in Newcastle and both Shields!

Reactions: 4
No, the Geordie accent NEVER! sounds thick. It's the friendliest,warmest accent ever!! I am a proper southern girl but have family in Newcastle and both Shields!
Ha ha I hate it! Whey aye hinny are ya alreet? Am gannin to the Toon to get mesel and the bairns a Gregg's pasty. Howay the lads duck you red and white bastards! And that's just my.husband talking. I of course talk like I have a plum in my mouth for fear of my mother rising from the grave and giving me a slap.

• Haha
So she’s presented the cheque to Rainbows but not said how much she raised. Apparently one of the nurses went in the night and said it was the best event she had ever been to 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 5
So she’s presented the cheque to Rainbows but not said how much she raised. Apparently one of the nurses went in the night and said it was the best event she had ever been to 🙄
It was over £9K there’s a photo on her Jaxon ball page.
Fair play to her that’s amazing

Reactions: 10
It is a good amount raised...
however the cynic in me thinks that shes highlighted this now, just as she's starting her first roster as Virgin loves supporting charity and she's probably hoping this will boost her profile within the company

Reactions: 9
She does everything purposefully so it’s definitely been planned timing wise to fall in with completing her training. I was surprised by the amount too part of me thinks she’s topped it up with gfm money to make it seem more impressive

Why is she going on about not celebrating Christmas now J isn’t here to share it? If my memory is correct, she didn’t bother when he was. Said he wouldn’t understand it???

Reactions: 29
She never made any effort at Christmas for j at all it’s just something for her to make people feel sorry for her now. She forgets it’s all well documented on here and her instashrine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.