The Neurodiversity Thread

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone else struggle with morality?

Weird one I know but sometimes I feel like I care so much about it. I'll give you an example. I really wanted subway but it snowed really heavily here so the roads aren't safe. Subway is open and deliveroo are open for delivery so I ordered food but now I feel guilty cause I won't leave the house due to unsafe conditions but I'm paying for someone else to drive around.

Does anyone else struggle with morality?

Weird one I know but sometimes I feel like I care so much about it. I'll give you an example. I really wanted subway but it snowed really heavily here so the roads aren't safe. Subway is open and deliveroo are open for delivery so I ordered food but now I feel guilty cause I won't leave the house due to unsafe conditions but I'm paying for someone else to drive around.
I think that’s called empathy! And yes I think it’s been proven that neurodiverse people do have more empathy as we go through so much passive aggressive bullying and rejection we’re not going to ignore someone who might, be in trouble :)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Thank you. Would you mind talking to me about it?
What happens once you are diagnosed? Is it reported to the GP etc?
Yes they informed them immediately, then we did titration before requesting shared care. Some GPs are more willing than others to accept.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hey all,
I’m diagnosed ADHD and having a very tough time thinking everyone hates me atm. First shift back after annual leave and just found the day so tough thinking I’m doing or saying the wrong thing. Just needed to vent somewhere 😢

Reactions: 2
Hey all,
I’m diagnosed ADHD and having a very tough time thinking everyone hates me atm. First shift back after annual leave and just found the day so tough thinking I’m doing or saying the wrong thing. Just needed to vent somewhere 😢

Vent away! It’s what we’re here for.

I was going to put the hug emoji but I don’t know how you feel about sensory things (even virtual 😂) so swerved it!

Hey all,
Hey, I’m the same. I expressed the exact same feeling on another thread on tattle called ‘women with adhd’ and they told me that this is called ‘rejection sensitive dysphoria’. Apparently a lot of women with ADHD also experience this.
I often have interactions with people which are totally normal, I walk away feeling fine and then a few hours later I end up replaying the interaction over and over in my head convincing myself that the other person must’ve thought that I was really weird and now hates me etc. 😭 (even though I know deep down that they obviously don’t). It’s absolutely horrid and I wish I could tell you a trick to make it go away, but I haven’t really found a way to fix it yet either 🥲!
Just know that you’re not alone in feeling like this and I honestly promise you’re not doing anything wrong and no one really hates you at all!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hey everyone I need some advice please!

Need to set up a bedroom for a 5 year old, to last the next decade.

Autistic, adhd and super demand avoidant, aggressive and destructive when upset, won’t stay in bed at night.

What should/shouldn’t I include in the room? Colours? Furniture? Sensory? Electronics?
How do I make it safe for them at night when everyone else is asleep, or when they’re upset and out of control? Room is 3m x 2.2m, so enough for a bed wardrobe etc but not any designated areas, I’m struggling with what to do, help!

Hey everyone I need some advice please!

Need to set up a bedroom for a 5 year old, to last the next decade.

Autistic, adhd and super demand avoidant, aggressive and destructive when upset, won’t stay in bed at night.

What should/shouldn’t I include in the room? Colours? Furniture? Sensory? Electronics?
How do I make it safe for them at night when everyone else is asleep, or when they’re upset and out of control? Room is 3m x 2.2m, so enough for a bed wardrobe etc but not any designated areas, I’m struggling with what to do, help!
I think try and make it as much like their little sanctuary as you can. Involve them - ask them what they want so they feel a sense of ownership and autonomy. Does your child like to feel enclosed? Maybe a high sleeper bed with a comfy chair underneath? Weighted blanket?

Reactions: 1
I saw this article on another thread

The author himself does not believe he has adhd . If they wanted to claim that the private clinics over diagnos , the study would need more test subjects who have all received more than 1 opinion from an NHS doctor.

I've read articles and social media that makes a similar point about perimenopause. The NHS deny that anything is going on, whereas private clinics confirm the patients suspicions.

The point I made previously, is that many people visit an NHS doctor and the doctor fails to diagnose a condition the patient actually has.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Over time , I've noticed signs of being nd in my teenager. Then I started to realise I have so many signs myself. I've always felt like I'm not like everyone else . I mask a lot , so I don't know if other people notice , although people sometimes think I'm rude. I was a strange child , apparently , that was probably before I masked . I feel like nobody knows the real me , and I love being alone so I don't have to do my in front of other people persona. I move differently when I'm alone.

I've struggled with motor skills , throughout my life, this was often put down to clumsiness or lack of concentration but someone did tell me that it looks like I have dyspraxia.

Reactions: 2
Another thing I've noticed ( Another light bulb moment), a sensation that I've been passing off as some thing with a physical cause like thirst , or hunger is in fact a consequence of being too overwhelmed.

It's like a weird fatigue that kind of takes over and I feel like I need to shut down. It takes ages to pull myself round from the fatigue. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

It should help my waist line now I've realised that feeling doesn't require me to eat !

Another thing I've noticed ( Another light bulb moment), a sensation that I've been passing off as some thing with a physical cause like thirst , or hunger is in fact a consequence of being too overwhelmed.

It's like a weird fatigue that kind of takes over and I feel like I need to shut down. It takes ages to pull myself round from the fatigue. Does anyone else ever feel like that?

It should help my waist line now I've realised that feeling doesn't require me to eat !
yes I get this. I need a quiet room and hiding under a duvet.

I read something that older parents are more likely to have nd children and that was given as a reason for the rise in nd cases . My parents were older when they had me.

I read something that older parents are more likely to have nd children and that was given as a reason for the rise in nd cases . My parents were older when they had me.
My mum had high blood pressure and tests showed I might be Downs, but I was just ND. It’s weird how these things manifest as ND isn’t officially a disability? It gives the baby ‘weaknesses’ I guess

My mum was 25 when she had me and I was older at 33 when I had my daughter (me and my daughter are ND, but not my mum). But my cousin, both of our dads, her daughter and her niece are all ND. In our case I think it's more to do with genetics than birth age of the mum, but then maybe the two interplay in a more complicated way, in terms of risk factors and protective factors.

Last edited: