The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if she had an instrumental delivery or something. Let’s see. I saw her birth plan said no induction/instrumental delivery “regardless of potential outcome”… that is absolutely bonkers. If she seriously means that, she’s saying she wouldn’t want ventouse even if it saved her baby’s life?!

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I wonder if she had an instrumental delivery or something. Let’s see. I saw her birth plan said no induction/instrumental delivery “regardless of potential outcome”… that is absolutely bonkers. If she seriously means that, she’s saying she wouldn’t want ventouse even if it saved her baby’s life?!
She really is batsh*t crazy.. The no instrumental delivery makes zero sense..surely if baby is stuck with risk of shoulder dystocia, heart rate dropping and distress, you'd want an instrumental delivery!? Sometimes if baby gets stuck, you'd not be able to have a C-section as baby too far down!? She'd risk her baby's life over this? I imagine her consultant had been trying to refer her for serious mental health issues over some of her crazy views.

Sorry but in the interest of baby's life, they'd 100% override these dangerous preferences. Her "rights" wouldn't matter if the baby was going to die without certain interventions. She's mad & deluded!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She really is batsh*t crazy.. The no instrumental delivery makes zero sense..surely if baby is stuck with risk of shoulder dystocia, heart rate dropping and distress, you'd want an instrumental delivery!? Sometimes if baby gets stuck, you'd not be able to have a C-section as baby too far down!? She'd risk her baby's life over this? I imagine her consultant had been trying to refer her for serious mental health issues over some of her crazy views.

Sorry but in the interest of baby's life, they'd 100% override these dangerous preferences. Her "rights" wouldn't matter if the baby was going to die without certain interventions. She's mad & deluded!
Her birth plan doesn’t bother me, it’s her body, her baby, her choice. What bothers me is that she’s sharing it with potentially thousands of impressionable women who think she’s an ’expert’ and may listen to her over someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. It’s so so dangerous.

By all means have a batshit crazy birth plan but keep it off the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Her birth plan doesn’t bother me, it’s her body, her baby, her choice. What bothers me is that she’s sharing it with potentially thousands of impressionable women who think she’s an ’expert’ and may listen to her over someone who actually knows what they’re talking about. It’s so so dangerous.

I purchased the naked doula package when I was pregnant. Only got as far as reading one pack of the cards…my little boy decided to make an appearance at 35+6 and no amount of FFFF was getting him out without intervention, he was well and truly stuck! Luckily I managed to sell the cards on Vinted and recoup some of my money 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Trying to understand her birth plan. I wonder why she’d rather end up with another c section than an induction and/or instrumental delivery? I had induction and forceps and although I definitely found it quite a traumatic experience (just as it was all took a turn quite quickly) I recovered physically much quicker than I would have done from a c section!

Reactions: 6
Birth plans are a guide, not a definitive. It’s basically a mum putting her ideas down on paper. And it’s absolutely amazing for those mothers who can tick off each part. But for others, birth plans are thrown out the window almost immediately.
once I was in labour I really could not give two shiny shits about my birth plan. I was more concerned about getting baby out safely and relieving the pain that I was in.
my first, I was induced (not in my plan), I had diamorphine/epidural (not in my plan), I wanted water birth -induced so couldn’t happen. I wanted to breastfeed- didn’t happen (baby didn’t wanna know), kept in hospital for days for preeclampsia. NOTHING went ‘to plan’. But throughout all the upset, distress, disappointment and anger (to name a few). My main concern was that my baby was born safely x

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Yes of course the most dangerous element is that she has a platform and people will look to her and maybe go against actual evidence based research, thinking she is giving them that. :(

I just really wonder what her real life medical professionals would do with someone presenting them with that birth plan..i would be floored by her risking her baby's life.
---
Birth plans are a guide, not a definitive. It’s basically a mum putting her ideas down on paper. And it’s absolutely amazing for those mothers who can tick off each part. But for others, birth plans are thrown out the window almost immediately.
once I was in labour I really could not give two shiny shits about my birth plan. I was more concerned about getting baby out safely and relieving the pain that I was in.
my first, I was induced (not in my plan), I had diamorphine/epidural (not in my plan), I wanted water birth -induced so couldn’t happen. I wanted to breastfeed- didn’t happen (baby didn’t wanna know), kept in hospital for days for preeclampsia. NOTHING went ‘to plan’. But throughout all the upset, distress, disappointment and anger (to name a few). My main concern was that my baby was born safely x
Yes agreed. The main concern should be that baby is born safely with as much respect & dignity shown to the mother with regard to what she would like to happen. I guess my problem with her birth plan is that she has blanket statements that are not in best interest of baby's safe delivery e.g. no instrumental for any reason.
---
Trying to understand her birth plan. I wonder why she’d rather end up with another c section than an induction and/or instrumental delivery? I had induction and forceps and although I definitely found it quite a traumatic experience (just as it was all took a turn quite quickly) I recovered physically much quicker than I would have done from a c section!
Exactly! It makes no sense! Sorry you experienced a traumatic delivery :(

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
She's a bleeping head banger. I bet they were all pulling sickies at that hospital knowing she was arriving.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I'm might of mentioned it here before but friend and I were due similar time. She followed this nutter and some other plus size birth advocate (read bullshitter).

I basically had a loose plan, wanted water birth didn't want a c section unless needed but went with the flow. I ended up with gestational diabetes so got induced which turned into an emergency section, not ideal but rolled with it.

Friend took what these loons said as gospel, fought health professionals from the off, refused midwife appointments/scans/tests. Wanted a home birth nothing else, went overdue waters broke and no advice was sought for 3 days, she was letting her body do its thing. This then eventually resulted in an emergency section under general anesthetic with a baby over 12lb who needed to go to NICU. Yet she's still banging on about how it was her choice yada yada.

I think it's pretty selfish and dangerous following the advice of these people on the internet especially this one with no actual medical qualifications.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
She built up to her birth so much - promising a live stream, etc - and I was watching thinking “why are you putting so much pressure on yourself?!”

now I think it’s a bit annoying to delay the birth story. Clearly she’s not had an orgasmic HBAC but thankfully her baby is safe and well. I was worried. Such a shame she’s having to spend her first weeks with her new baby thinking about damage control and how to spin this as a success.

i Don’t think she was “the naked doula” when she had her elective c section - she’d done a hypnobirthing course perhaps but wasn’t a doula yet from what I understand. As someone who’s never had contractions myself, I don’t understand why she’s come to see birth as this magical act?!

her IG growth has been very fast and to be fair to her, she’s very good at the visuals and branding side of things. But she lacks experience or nuance and as a result I think does a lot of harm. Am sure there are women with straightforward births who benefit from her account/app but not sure that justifies the misinformation and dangerous propaganda she puts out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She built up to her birth so much - promising a live stream, etc - and I was watching thinking “why are you putting so much pressure on yourself?!”

now I think it’s a bit annoying to delay the birth story. Clearly she’s not had an orgasmic HBAC but thankfully her baby is safe and well. I was worried. Such a shame she’s having to spend her first weeks with her new baby thinking about damage control and how to spin this as a success.

i Don’t think she was “the naked doula” when she had her elective c section - she’d done a hypnobirthing course perhaps but wasn’t a doula yet from what I understand. As someone who’s never had contractions myself, I don’t understand why she’s come to see birth as this magical act?!

her IG growth has been very fast and to be fair to her, she’s very good at the visuals and branding side of things. But she lacks experience or nuance and as a result I think does a lot of harm. Am sure there are women with straightforward births who benefit from her account/app but not sure that justifies the misinformation and dangerous propaganda she puts out.
Yeah I completely agree with all of the above. I’m actually very pro making your own birth choices and I actually even had a HBAC and am planning another one (unpopular I know 😂) but I found she completely rubbed me up the wrong way by going on about how she’ll smile through contractions and they’ll be easy when she’d never even experienced labour! How can you talk about something like that when you truly have absolutely no idea what it feels like. I’m fine with giving birth and I like to do it drug free BUT I’d never ever pretend that it’s easy or that it makes me smile. It’s bloody hard work!

Reactions: 11
Yeah I completely agree with all of the above. I’m actually very pro making your own birth choices and I actually even had a HBAC and am planning another one (unpopular I know 😂) but I found she completely rubbed me up the wrong way by going on about how she’ll smile through contractions and they’ll be easy when she’d never even experienced labour! How can you talk about something like that when you truly have absolutely no idea what it feels like. I’m fine with giving birth and I like to do it drug free BUT I’d never ever pretend that it’s easy or that it makes me smile. It’s bloody hard work!
100% this. I had a home birth. But it was a home birth as first preference, not home birth at all costs.

I think the lady did protest too much when she banged on about how she couldn’t wait to feel crowning 🙄

Reactions: 6
100% this. I had a home birth. But it was a home birth as first preference, not home birth at all costs.

I think the lady did protest too much when she banged on about how she couldn’t wait to feel crowning 🙄
Yes I’m really glad I found some good hypnobirthing accounts that openly talked about pain and how to manage that pain and how it’s ok to make noise and it’s ok for it to hurt, rather than pretending that it doesn’t exist and it’s all rainbows and sunshine 😬

Reactions: 4
Exactly! It's a wishlist not a purchase order!

• Heart
Reactions: 5