The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
God, she really does have a chip on her shoulder with the nhs / midwives.
It’s really weird

Reactions: 12
Our baby had a tongue tie. Was spotted quite quickly in hospital because he couldn’t latch to save his life 🥴 but they wanted us to wait 30 days to see a consultant about it. We went private, it’s not hard. Once it’s spotted you just… google private tongue tie practitioners, and then go there.

The lack of tongue tie awareness in hospitals is a problem and having to wait to get it sorted is detrimental but no need to go full bitchmode about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This was the post
Oh great so now she’s not just giving women unqualified medical advice on their own bodies but also their babies. How can one person be such an idiot but also be so confident about so many things? She needs to stay in her lane, ie. Social media markéting

Also she hasn’t really said what these “allergy” symptoms are. Is she trying to say it’s all those things listed there? Because those symptoms are a number of things. Telling people those are all undiagnosed allergies is toxic. Also saying that she immediately cuts all known allergens out of her diet (without any evidence of what is causing it!) isn’t very healthy when you’re postpartum. She’s being manipulative by posting those obscured pictures that don’t show you what the issue is. It seems like she’s shared something convincing but she hasn’t.

Sorry for the ramble

Our baby had a tongue tie. Was spotted quite quickly in hospital because he couldn’t latch to save his life 🥴 but they wanted us to wait 30 days to see a consultant about it. We went private, it’s not hard. Once it’s spotted you just… google private tongue tie practitioners, and then go there.

The lack of tongue tie awareness in hospitals is a problem and having to wait to get it sorted is detrimental but no need to go full bitchmode about it.
I was being sarcastic btw on my last comment, in case that didn't come across

Reactions: 2
Oh great so now she’s not just giving women unqualified medical advice on their own bodies but also their babies. How can one person be such an idiot but also be so confident about so many things? She needs to stay in her lane, ie. Social media markéting

Also she hasn’t really said what these “allergy” symptoms are. Is she trying to say it’s all those things listed there? Because those symptoms are a number of things. Telling people those are all undiagnosed allergies is toxic. Also saying that she immediately cuts all known allergens out of her diet (without any evidence of what is causing it!) isn’t very healthy when you’re postpartum. She’s being manipulative by posting those obscured pictures that don’t show you what the issue is. It seems like she’s shared something convincing but she hasn’t.

Sorry for the ramble
For clarity, I obscured the pictures/names for the child’s privacy.

TBF I’d be suspecting allergy with that collection of symptoms. I agree those symptoms in isolation aren’t necessarily cause for concern, and she does need to consider this given her platform. I’m uncomfortable with the degree of drama around it. It would be different if this was a personal account but this is supposedly an educational business. She’s postpartum and hormones must be raging - stay off instagram and don’t post pics of your newborn child’s rashes without his consent!

Reactions: 3
This was the post
Is she suggesting that the midwives if she‘d had her planned home birth would have spotted a tongue tie? even though they come from exactly the same hospital and are trained in the same way as the hospital midwives? she’s batshit 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Apparently there is a reason why they don’t generally check TT in hospitals - because it can be too early to properly tell/sometimes it doesn’t actually cause any issues/they don’t want baby to be put off trying to bf by interfering and causing pain and cutting it so soon. That’s what I was told anyway. I’m not saying it’s right, but that there is possibly more nuance to it than ‘the nhs is useless’.

instagram isn’t the best place for nuance though!

Has she shared any bf charities? They offer free support. Obv they can’t cut ties but they can help and signpost.

Reactions: 10
She’s going to end up shooting herself in the foot with all this carry on. The whole point of her account/business is to act like if you just follow her zen-like deluded approach then you will have no issues with labour or birth and no post partum niggles, it’s all in the positive, relaxed attitude after all. Are people still going to buy what she’s selling? Probably, actually.

Wow - the latest post. She says she expected to have an easy start. This is someone who works in birth. Actually makes me wonder if she’s right in the head.

and now she’s monetising her “exclusive” birth story and making people wait until… May? This just doesn’t feel right to me.

Reactions: 9
Wow - the latest post. She says she expected to have an easy start. This is someone who works in birth. Actually makes me wonder if she’s right in the head.

and now she’s monetising her “exclusive” birth story and making people wait until… May? This just doesn’t feel right to me.
really reinforces my feelings that she either had a c section or really tit time. If it was some magical amazing VBAC she’d be posting it EVERYWHERE. She needs time to figure out how to put a positive spin on it and still make money from it though!

Apparently there is a reason why they don’t generally check TT in hospitals - because it can be too early to properly tell/sometimes it doesn’t actually cause any issues/they don’t want baby to be put off trying to bf by interfering and causing pain and cutting it so soon. That’s what I was told anyway. I’m not saying it’s right, but that there is possibly more nuance to it than ‘the nhs is useless’.

instagram isn’t the best place for nuance though!

Has she shared any bf charities? They offer free support. Obv they can’t cut ties but they can help and signpost.
I do think it’s a bit of an issue she isn’t giving much info about tongue ties, it can scare people who are pregnant that they are some kind of disability and then put women off bf instead of getting some support. My husband is in his thirties and never had his tongue tie cut and still has it, perfectly fine, breast fed and no issues. It’s me with the lisp and I don’t have one 😂
My neice also has one and she is now a year without cut but the right support has been breastfeeding this whole time!

Reactions: 7
I can’t imagine filming myself in labour for the sole purpose of sticking it online to preach to vulnerable mums. She really is a dick.

She sounds so bitter! Where does her issue with the NHS come from?

Reactions: 4
She sounds so bitter! Where does her issue with the NHS come from?
Just being a bit mentally challenged but thinking she’s knows better than everyone else because she does “research” 🙄 you think she’d lose some of that chip on her shoulder now they are clearly saving hers and her sons life, but no

How much resource has been wasted on this clown and her "rights"?

How many people are receiving substandard care because this idiot insists on making a song and dance about everything?

bleeping waste of skin.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I can’t make head nor tail of her last story but she seems to have very high expectations and entitlement around the NHS, which she has a chip on her shoulder about in the first place. She’d be better off going private in future.

• Heart
Reactions: 11