The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish she’d stop lying and saying she is having an internal and a scan as she’s ‘intrigued’ to see how it feels. No you are having one cos you know it’s probably wise at this stage. She’s so full of tit

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She’s in hospital and stopped the updates. So much for a live video feed of her home birth...

I’m glad she’s in hospital, especially with Meconium in her waters. But holy moly, she has not helped herself by heaping on the pressure to “perform” for her followers.
---
On a different note: This post about being overdue makes me so angry. She repeatedly selectively cites one paper (the MBRRACE report) and picks out one stat which says the rate of stillbirth in the >42 week group is lower in about HALF the years (it’s higher in others!) than the *collective* 37-41 week group.

There are so many issues with this approach. The MBRRACE report was not designed to specifically look at this specific question so it’s complete cherry picking of data. For one thing, no one would choose to have their baby at 37 weeks if all was going well - we know early term babies can have slightly more issues than at 39/40 weeks so lumping that whole set together means we can’t deduce anything.

All studies that do look at induction at 41 weeks vs expectant management do find the latter has higher stillbirth rates.

Now, she might personally decide that risk is one she wants to take (the increase in risk is small) but it is disgusting to cite as fact that “the risk to baby actually decreases after 42 weeks”. Complete disinformation.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I almost feel bad for her that she’s bigged up a home VBAC and sharing it and now it’s probably going to be induction or caesarean

Reactions: 2
I almost feel bad for her that she’s bigged up a home VBAC and sharing it and now it’s probably going to be induction or caesarean
I don’t feel bad for her at all. She’s a dick. And her rhetoric is dangerous. I can’t believe she managed to keep her involvement with Lauren Goodger quiet. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if her advice contributed to the tragic outcome of LG’s second labour.

That said I really hope her baby is born with no problems. That would be a tragedy

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I don’t feel bad for her at all. She’s a dick. And her rhetoric is dangerous. I can’t believe she managed to keep her involvement with Lauren Goodger quiet. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if her advice contributed to the tragic outcome of LG’s second labour.

That said I really hope her baby is born with no problems. That would be a tragedy
I don't understand how she managed to keep herself out of the press. I'm guessing some clause in her contracts that absolves responsibility.

Reactions: 6
I’m getting the impression it may have ended in c section?? I feel like she definitely would’ve mentioned in the post if it was a VBAC?

Reactions: 5
She’s overdoing the positivity. Sounds like she had a bit of a tit time, as many of us do. She would have had a much smoother labour and birth with no hurdles at all if she’d have just been slack-faced, twanging on a comb and buzzing a vibe, surely. She’s realised she doesn’t practise what she preached so has come up with a new angle: ‘I was meant to go through all this so everyone else can learn from it. And contradict myself constantly, for YOU’. Shyster!
Glad all is well with the baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m getting the impression it may have ended in c section?? I feel like she definitely would’ve mentioned in the post if it was a VBAC?
I thought this when she said there were restrictions. I also hate that she’s monetising her kid before he even exited the womb by only putting updates on her app, that people have to pay for. Utter c**t.

Not a cute baby 🙈🙈🙈🙈 (don’t @ me)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s overdoing the positivity. Sounds like she had a bit of a tit time, as many of us do. She would have had a much smoother labour and birth with no hurdles at all if she’d have just been slack-faced, twanging on a comb and buzzing a vibe, surely. She’s realised she doesn’t practise what she preached so has come up with a new angle: ‘I was meant to go through all this so everyone else can learn from it. And contradict myself constantly, for YOU’. Shyster!
Glad all is well with the baby.
yeah I also felt that she was overdoing the positivity whilst at the same time being quite vague. I saw she put on her Instagram that she’ll share her “birth story and challenges in the next few weeks”. I feel like if it was super positive she’d be wanting to tell the world within a few days surely? She probably needs time to figure out how to put a really positive spin on it

• Heart
Reactions: 4