The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With her being her doula, I’m sure this has already been discussed on here but was anything ever made public regarding Lauren Goodger’s baby Lorena that passed away? I know at the time Lauren said she wanted the death investigating so she would have answers

Reactions: 4
Her latest post - what a twit. You’re obviously bothered about going ‘overdue’ if you’re posting about it on your insta despite claiming to be having a social media break

If she doesn’t believe in the concept of being ‘overdue’ then why is she saying she’s 40+4? Acknowledging she’s 4 days post 40 weeks= overdue. She just likes being contrary about any little thing and once again she’s disguised a big old moan under the guise of toxic positivity and a lesson for all her followers. You’re pissed off. And tired. And probably regretting announcing you’ll be live-streaming the birth. But you go girl!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Is it bad that I really really hope she needs an induction? I’d like to see how she copes just breathing through a labour going from 0 to 100

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Is it bad that I really really hope she needs an induction? I’d like to see how she copes just breathing through a labour going from 0 to 100
I think she will refuse an induction, and go past 2 weeks if she has to. She’s obsessed with it

Reactions: 5
I think she will refuse an induction, and go past 2 weeks if she has to. She’s obsessed with it
I was induced at 2 weeks over (was meant to be earlier but the hospital was too busy!). Long story short it turned out my baby was never going to come of his own accord due to the position of his head. I hate it when people like her preach ‘they’ll come to when they’re ready’ etc. because they can’t always come even if they’re ready!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I was induced at 2 weeks over (was meant to be earlier but the hospital was too busy!). Long story short it turned out my baby was never going to come of his own accord due to the position of his head. I hate it when people like her preach ‘they’ll come to when they’re ready’ etc. because they can’t always come even if they’re ready!
Her rhetoric is dangerous. There have been cases where women have gone post dates as they’ve believed baby will come when they’re ready and then there has been catastrophic consequences that could have been prevented if they’d been induced. I think she conveniently forgets that childbirth is dangerous and so many women died in childbirth before medical advancements meant their and their babies lives could be saved.

• Heart
Her rhetoric is dangerous. There have been cases where women have gone post dates as they’ve believed baby will come when they’re ready and then there has been catastrophic consequences that could have been prevented if they’d been induced. I think she conveniently forgets that childbirth is dangerous and so many women died in childbirth before medical advancements meant their and their babies lives could be saved.
Iv mentioned this before on this thread. I foolishly listened to her advice when I was pregnant and refused an induction. I went 2 weeks over. Luckily everything was fine, but I regret it massively now and I feel ashamed I listened to people like her who play on women's fears of giving birth.
I feel such a fool about it now, and I hate myself for taking her words as gospel. How stupid. I really wish this online 'doula' education would be more regulated.

• Wow
  • Sad
Iv mentioned this before on this thread. I foolishly listened to her advice when I was pregnant and refused an induction. I went 2 weeks over. Luckily everything was fine, but I regret it massively now and I feel ashamed I listened to people like her who play on women's fears of giving birth.
I feel such a fool about it now, and I hate myself for taking her words as gospel. How stupid. I really wish this online 'doula' education would be more regulated.
You’re not stupid, or a fool. You trusted people you thought based their content on fact, not rhetoric. It’s so easily done, especially with your first baby. I’m so glad everything was ok x

Reactions: 7
You’re not stupid, or a fool. You trusted people you thought based their content on fact, not rhetoric. It’s so easily done, especially with your first baby. I’m so glad everything was ok x
Awww thanks, that's sweet. I just seemed drawn into the world of these people who make birth sound so easy! But only out of being abit scared about the whole thing. It felt easier getting advice from them, than to talk to my midwife who was always pushed for time at my appointments. And so as a result I declined an induction. Now my little boy is here,hes my absolute world, and i just feel so angry that I could have put his life in danger by listening to her.
And I defo was not a case of floppy face, floppy fanny!
She's a liability.

• Heart
So she's now 40+13.... I wonder will she be fully transparent about the next steps or will it be a catch up once baby is here.

Reactions: 7
So she's now 40+13.... I wonder will she be fully transparent about the next steps or will it be a catch up once baby is here.
‘I wanted to know how a VE felt’ Nah love, you wanted to know if anything was happening. It’s an enthusiastic fingering, I’m sure she’s had many of those in her time 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I doubt it, she doesn’t make the horrific amount of money she makes by telling the truth. 🥲

Reactions: 2
Massive face palm at her chronic “incompetent cervix” and “unfavourable cervix” mix up in the latest post.

Easily done by a layperson, but not really forgivable from a business claiming to do antenatal education. If she can’t get the basics right, what place does she have claiming to educate others?

Yeah yeah, she claimed it was baby brain… but if you’re a profit-seeking business claiming to educate others about their health you have a responsibility to have a QA process around this stuff.

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Massive face palm at her chronic “incompetent cervix” and “unfavourable cervix” mix up in the latest post.

Easily done by a layperson, but not really forgivable from a business claiming to do antenatal education. If she can’t get the basics right, what place does she have claiming to educate others?

Yeah yeah, she claimed it was baby brain… but if you’re a profit-seeking business claiming to educate others about their health you have a responsibility to have a QA process around this stuff.
Wow this (aside from the wrong use of medical terminology!) is a really pathetic post of hers. It’s clear what her actual agenda was in having the examination. Purely so that she could use it to come out with this ignorant crap to encourage women to mistrust, question and dismiss medical professionals. She’s used it to back up her belief that she knows better.
---
She is demonising health workers. It’s all well and good informing women on consent/choosing to have or refuse an intimate exam. But to say that the language used between medical professionals is designed to ‘duck over’ women and make them believe their ‘bodies don’t work’ is so offensive. She thinks she’s so insightful. Really thick.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Her ‘positive’ birth stories - if you’re arsed to read - aren’t very positive. The one I read today she ended up not in fact ‘breathing her baby out’ but with tears and everything

my
Wow this (aside from the wrong use of medical terminology!) is a really pathetic post of hers. It’s clear what her actual agenda was in having the examination. Purely so that she could use it to come out with this ignorant crap to encourage women to mistrust, question and dismiss medical professionals. She’s used it to back up her belief that she knows better.
---
She is demonising health workers. It’s all well and good informing women on consent/choosing to have or refuse an intimate exam. But to say that the language used between medical professionals is designed to ‘duck over’ women and make them believe their ‘bodies don’t work’ is so offensive. She thinks she’s so insightful. Really thick.
My body did actually duck me over, I went through an induction (apparently already contracting and 3cm dilated, I had no idea) so they broke my waters and put me on a drip. Baby’s heart rate slowed after 4 hours so they needed to get bloods from their head whilst still inside to work out what was going on, sent for forceps - unsuccessful. Ended up with emergency c-section. Baby delivered successfully but was told afterwards that I had a narrow pelvis so that there was no way baby would have come out naturally without crushing their skull or shattering my pelvis / both!
This woman has no idea!!

ETA: I believe from researching and speaking to consultants that my issue is relatively rare and unlikely to happen to most. But it did happen and I have had to have subsequent planned c-sections since, but my point is, is that no one knew until I went for surgery that it was an issue. She is dangerous

• Heart
my

My body did actually duck me over, I went through an induction (apparently already contracting and 3cm dilated, I had no idea) so they broke my waters and put me on a drip. Baby’s heart rate slowed after 4 hours so they needed to get bloods from their head whilst still inside to work out what was going on, sent for forceps - unsuccessful. Ended up with emergency c-section. Baby delivered successfully but was told afterwards that I had a narrow pelvis so that there was no way baby would have come out naturally without crushing their skull or shattering my pelvis / both!
This woman has no idea!!

ETA: I believe from researching and speaking to consultants that my issue is relatively rare and unlikely to happen to most. But it did happen and I have had to have subsequent planned c-sections since, but my point is, is that no one knew until I went for surgery that it was an issue. She is dangerous
She is actually saying that health workers only use medical terms to duck people over and disempower them, which is just one of my issues with her.
I’m with you completely. She is peddling a fairytale view of giving birth without taking into account that every body is different. It’s her who is making people think their bodies somehow aren’t working properly unless breathing a baby out with a comb in one hand, a vibrator in the other, before farting out a rainbow then somersaulting all the way home whilst mouthing ‘duck you’ to all the medical staff.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I find it crazy that she is rejecting medical advice to push her agenda when her own baby is involved. I really hope nothing goes wrong but surely at 2 weeks post due date to if accept some form of assistance to ensure your baby got here safely. I wonder if she is still planning on HBAC