The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My sister wanted to do hypnobirthing, was reading all the books and then as she got closer decided that it was far too crunchy hippy for her, thank god, and went for using some of the breathing techniques but being open to pain relief. I read one of the books she had and it was all about imagining water flowing out of your vagina rather than a baby and moving along with the river 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
This woman is a bleeping head - no other way to describe her. I came across her while I was pregnant with my 3rd and literally scrolled through her feed chuckling. You can tell she has NO CLUE about birth and to be honest she makes a total mockery of it. Birth is HARD but obviously so worth it, but I can see how if you followed this woman and you had to have forceps, emergency c section, etc. you would feel like you'd 'failed' which is all total BS. It's a cult like culture of having the most natural unmedicated birth, but what she posts is dangerous and damn right irresponsible.

My sister wanted to do hypnobirthing, was reading all the books and then as she got closer decided that it was far too crunchy hippy for her, thank god, and went for using some of the breathing techniques but being open to pain relief. I read one of the books she had and it was all about imagining water flowing out of your vagina rather than a baby and moving along with the river 🙄
Breathing techniques helped me through my 3rd labour and I was so calm because of them which therefore helped the progress etc, but not once when I was going through intense contractions would I have imagined water coming out of me rather than my baby's massive head :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 13
I had all good intentions of having a water birth / no epidurals etc after following a pregnancy forum (I had a very straightforward pregnancy). Until my blood pressure sky rocketed towards the end and I had to be induced. Baby was back to back and I was in immense pain. I ended up having diamorphine which was great but it wasn’t long before I was screaming for an epidural. Turns out the epidural came in handy as I ended up having an emergency c-section. Did I feel guilty afterwards? Yes, for a short hormonal while. But once I had my head back, I would do the same all over again!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
yeahhhh I’m the same.
Looked into and some of the tit they say I’m like it’s all just a bit pathetic tbh. “Don’t call contractions contractions - that word has too many negative connotations”
No it doesn’t? Your uterus is contracting it’s just explains exactly what is happening 😂.
Saying we should give birth alone in the dark.. like we used to.. yeah because I’m sure the numbers of mothers / babies dying during birth haven’t been lowered at all since the 1200s 🙄.

I get the staying relaxed. Breathing techniques. Being empowered to make your own choices part.Thinking positively etc.

What I don’t get is being so anti medicinal advice & midwives. Stop demonising them ffs they’re not there to hurt you.
& the whole narrative that birth should be orgasmic and euphoric and the reason it isn’t is because we give birth in hospitals 😂.
yeah I’m sure it’s only women who have given birth in hospitals who say it’s painful.. anyone who has given birth at home has simply laughed, smiled and just breathed their baby right out in half an hour and there were no complications or pain what so ever.. it’s all the hospitals fault.
There’s a hypno birth woman I follow on TikTok & I like her because she’ll say “yes birth is painful but it’s pain you can handle”
Or “yes it’s painful but it’s temporary pain and you will be able to handle it!”
Far more positive then pretending pain shouldn’t exist.

Reactions: 15
That video she does with the comb and most of the videos really piss me off. I can’t even express how much she irritates me but I can’t unfollow 🙈
I’m so sick of this ‘trend’ of demonising all medical intervention and only ‘natural births’

Reactions: 11
How does she know contractions are amazing when she had an elective c section?

It makes me so angry when she and others like her encourage women to decline inductions when she has no idea of their circumstances & has never met them. Telling a woman who is nearly 2 weeks post dates to decline is so dangerous and irresponsible. Babies have died in that situation!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
yeahhhh I’m the same.
Looked into and some of the tit they say I’m like it’s all just a bit pathetic tbh. “Don’t call contractions contractions - that word has too many negative connotations”
No it doesn’t? Your uterus is contracting it’s just explains exactly what is happening 😂.
Saying we should give birth alone in the dark.. like we used to.. yeah because I’m sure the numbers of mothers / babies dying during birth haven’t been lowered at all since the 1200s 🙄.

I get the staying relaxed. Breathing techniques. Being empowered to make your own choices part.Thinking positively etc.

What I don’t get is being so anti medicinal advice & midwives. Stop demonising them ffs they’re not there to hurt you.
& the whole narrative that birth should be orgasmic and euphoric and the reason it isn’t is because we give birth in hospitals 😂.
yeah I’m sure it’s only women who have given birth in hospitals who say it’s painful.. anyone who has given birth at home has simply laughed, smiled and just breathed their baby right out in half an hour and there were no complications or pain what so ever.. it’s all the hospitals fault.
There’s a hypno birth woman I follow on TikTok & I like her because she’ll say “yes birth is painful but it’s pain you can handle”
Or “yes it’s painful but it’s temporary pain and you will be able to handle it!”
Far more positive then pretending pain shouldn’t exist.
Yeah, completely agree. I understand the breathing techniques and such - hell, I use them myself in my own clinical practice at work to alleviate anxiety and help with other things - but there's a limit and at some point common sense has got to take over. Personally I'm like "give me ALL the drugs" XD I know that's not for everyone though.

I find a similar theme with parenting, there seems to be an awful lot of (usually American) information out there about how you should gently remind your toddler that smacking their sibling isn't nice or that they are only having a screaming tantrum because not getting carrot sticks for dinner is just so unfair and a BIIIIIIIG feeling; it's OK to cry and scream at people if you don't get what you want because we all feel BIIIIIG feelings some times and they just need to name it. Yes, you don't need to go all guns blazing and get aggy with your kid but I do wonder if these children will grow up without the life skills to regulate their feelings properly and in a manner that's socially acceptable.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, completely agree. I understand the breathing techniques and such - hell, I use them myself in my own clinical practice at work to alleviate anxiety and help with other things - but there's a limit and at some point common sense has got to take over. Personally I'm like "give me ALL the drugs" XD I know that's not for everyone though.

I find a similar theme with parenting, there seems to be an awful lot of (usually American) information out there about how you should gently remind your toddler that smacking their sibling isn't nice or that they are only having a screaming tantrum because not getting carrot sticks for dinner is just so unfair and a BIIIIIIIG feeling; it's OK to cry and scream at people if you don't get what you want because we all feel BIIIIIG feelings some times and they just need to name it. Yes, you don't need to go all guns blazing and get aggy with your kid but I do wonder if these children will grow up without the life skills to regulate their feelings properly and in a manner that's socially acceptable.
omg I agree. I saw one saying you should never ever just say “no” and expect a child to accept it you have to explain W H Y you have said no.
I’m sorry there’s times in a life even as an adult where you just need to hear no and get on with it. Annoying as it might be.
If there was an emergency on an plane and your kids just not putting the iPad away you ain’t got time to explain why the answers no - they just have to listen & crack on.
Again completely agree shouting and screaming is a waste of time and you should also model what IS expected but it’s just going too far the other way now.

Reactions: 6
omg I agree. I saw one saying you should never ever just say “no” and expect a child to accept it you have to explain W H Y you have said no.
I’m sorry there’s times in a life even as an adult where you just need to hear no and get on with it. Annoying as it might be.
If there was an emergency on an plane and your kids just not putting the iPad away you ain’t got time to explain why the answers no - they just have to listen & crack on.
Again completely agree shouting and screaming is a waste of time and you should also model what IS expected but it’s just going too far the other way now.
Exactly, I’m all for explaining to a child why certain decisions are made and it helps understand. ‘You can’t put your hands down the toilet because it is dirty’ for example. But when they are nagging for something and the simplest answer is ‘no’ (in my case it’s usually because I literally don’t have what they are asking for) then they have to deal with it. It also helps regulate their emotions as much as ours. If they are constantly expecting an explanation as a child, they will be rudely awakened as an adult

Reactions: 6
Exactly, I’m all for explaining to a child why certain decisions are made and it helps understand. ‘You can’t put your hands down the toilet because it is dirty’ for example. But when they are nagging for something and the simplest answer is ‘no’ (in my case it’s usually because I literally don’t have what they are asking for) then they have to deal with it. It also helps regulate their emotions as much as ours. If they are constantly expecting an explanation as a child, they will be rudely awakened as an adult
Plus when you do lose you tit and shout - because it does happen as parents are only human too with bad days, limits etc, thanks to all of the mentioned in posts above you feel like the worst parent in the world. I feel like parenting in the age of social media is really bleeping hard.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She literally commented underneath her post to take a vibrator into the hospital room with you & tell the midwives you want to masturbate..

Most hospitals tell you to stay at home during the early stages & only come in when you’re in established labour.
Did she 🤣🤣 is she trying to get her followers arrested or something? I can’t imagine how violating that must feel to be at work and someone starts being sexually inappropriate. Then again I can’t imagine many women would be freaky enough or inclined to even consider that!

Did she 🤣🤣 is she trying to get her followers arrested or something? I can’t imagine how violating that must feel to be at work and someone starts being sexually inappropriate. Then again I can’t imagine many women would be freaky enough or inclined to even consider that!
Yeah I was going to say, surely that’s breaking a law somewhere. I’m pregnant at the minute and of course I will expect to be able to do what I want within reason, but I wouldn’t want to be responsible for sexual abuse/trauma of hospital staff 😅

I have to say as well I don’t think anyonecomes across as unlikeable as her. So pigheaded and ignorant seeming, inappropriately aggressive about stuff and just rude and not easy to like. No wonder LG employed her (she did btw she shared it on her stories months ago about her being at the birth, the receipt is somewhere on the old LG thread).

• Heart
I have to say as well I don’t think anyonecomes across as unlikeable as her. So pigheaded and ignorant seeming, inappropriately aggressive about stuff and just rude and not easy to like. No wonder LG employed her (she did btw she shared it on her stories months ago about her being at the birth, the receipt is somewhere on the old LG thread).
You’ve got it spot on with her description. I followed her after seeing recommendations in a group on Facebook (difficult pregnancy and was looking for guidance). However she is so unlikeable, I find her reels so cringey and the materials she sells look cheap and like a GCSE student project.

I don’t follow LG but remember Emma resharing LG’s story of hiring her and rolling my eyes. As I said up thread she seems very obsessed with being used by people in the public eye.

If anyone is looking for more evidence based guidance, dr Sara wickham is good. She explains things much more thoroughly with evidence behind it to help you make an informed choice.

I don’t follow LG but remember Emma resharing LG’s story of hiring her and rolling my eyes. As I said up thread she seems very obsessed with being used by people in the public eye.
I’m glad other people remember this. I find it freaky disconcerting the way she’s tried to sneakily distance herself from it

Also “floppy fanny” is disgustingly cringe

Reactions: 8