The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s telling people to whip out a vibrator when they’re in labour now. Jesus bleeping wept

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
It does. It really does. But as soon as that wee baby is put in your arms you'd do it all over again.
Totally weird. Thats the reality that most expectant mothers need and eventually learn.
Doulas are great, they serve a purpose, fantastic resource but this one has way overstretched herself.
I must check out C delivery photography x
I think there’s a huge difference in being realistic about birth and telling scare stories. I think a lot of time people like the Naked Doula cause birth trauma as they bang on about how it shouldn’t hurt if you’re doing it ‘right’ and it ‘should’ be calm and beautiful and ‘natural‘ and all hearts and flowers so when the reality hits women when they’re in labour and it hurts and it’s not all magical they feel like their experience isn’t what it is meant to be when in reality it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She’s telling people to whip out a vibrator when they’re in labour now. Jesus bleeping wept
😂😂 i am due any day now, must remember to pack my vibrater in to my hospital bag 🤢 in all honesty tho as a first time mum she makes birth sound like its your fault if it hurts cos it should be orgasmic. I am shitting myself truth be told, i have done some hypnobirthing but i am also aware that it wont be pain-free, but it will be worth it.

Reactions: 14
She's a head. I remember trying sex before labour, I was totally doing it to start labour and to soften my cervix. Lol my poor husband 😅 it was so a friends moment. .. get this baby out!! I can't even begin to imagine trying to use my vibe 😂
Clary sage worked though.
This woman is a crank.

😂😂 i am due any day now, must remember to pack my vibrater in to my hospital bag 🤢 in all honesty tho as a first time mum she makes birth sound like its your fault if it hurts cos it should be orgasmic. I am shitting myself truth be told, i have done some hypnobirthing but i am also aware that it wont be pain-free, but it will be worth it.
There is no bigger chicken than me and I was fine. I watched my contractions on the monitor and was really proud of myself cos they weren't that bad.
I hope everything goes so well for you.
Will you come back and tell us?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You'll be fine honestly I went in feeling the same I was absolutely petrified. I managed with gas and air, no vibrator or floppy face and fanny whatever she goes on about. It does hurt but my god when you get to hold your baby the pain just vanishes, I always thought when people said that it's a load of rubbish but you just forget it's weird x sending you lots of love, you're almost there woo hoo xx

Reactions: 6
I think there is so much pressure to “take control and have the perfect birth”. To not feel pain and not accept any pain relief. When I did my hypnobirthing, it helped me understand the process your body goes through during birth and to prepare myself (although nothing prepares you for birth, even when you’ve done it before). I loved the breathing techniques as it helped me stay calm during labour and concentrate on that instead of the pain. There is no such thing as a perfect birth! If you want pain relief during labour, ask for it. You do what you need to in that moment. I feel offended by her comments regarding c sections and I’ve had two vaginal ones. What a despicable opinion to take, there is nothing to be ashamed of regarding a c section whether it is your choice or it takes place for a reason during your labour.

There seems to have been an explosion of accounts and doulas on social media in recent years pushing the idea birth can and should be pain free “if you’re doing it right”, you shouldn’t listen to medical advice and you certainly shouldn’t be induced. It’s actually frightening how many people I see on Facebook groups telling others to ignore medical advice, to birth at home because you don’t “need” to be in hospital and to even discharge yourself and your baby following birth against medical advice. It’s alarming and very worrying, there’s already so much pressure and endless worries when you’re pregnant, the constant pile ons to go against medical professionals is quite scary. If I had chosen to have my first baby at home, she wouldn’t be here. And probably the same with my son, who ended up on neonatal shortly after birth. I would choose to birth in hospital every time, likewise I would take the advice of a medical professional. Someone else may choose differently, but that’s fine, everyone has their own decisions to make without judgment from others who think they’re above them and ultimately we just want our babies to arrive safely.

I’ve unfollowed the naked doula but I felt she was more interested in getting chosen by “celebrities” due to the endless going on about who she was working with and resharing their stories 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You'll be fine honestly I went in feeling the same I was absolutely petrified. I managed with gas and air, no vibrator or floppy face and fanny whatever she goes on about. It does hurt but my god when you get to hold your baby the pain just vanishes, I always thought when people said that it's a load of rubbish but you just forget it's weird x sending you lots of love, you're almost there woo hoo xx
Thank you, i am more than ready! This heatwave is kicking my arse, i have insomnia ect 😫 but i am so excited to meet my baby 😁

She's a head. I remember trying sex before labour, I was totally doing it to start labour and to soften my cervix. Lol my poor husband 😅 it was so a friends moment. .. get this baby out!! I can't even begin to imagine trying to use my vibe 😂
Clary sage worked though.
This woman is a crank.

There is no bigger chicken than me and I was fine. I watched my contractions on the monitor and was really proud of myself cos they weren't that bad.
I hope everything goes so well for you.
Will you come back and tell us?
Ofcourse, once she finally makes an appearance 😫😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
sorry but im 30 weeks pregnant if someone told me to masturbate during birth I’d find that really bleeping violating.
Birth isn’t meant to be sexual ffs I find that such a bleeping odd thing??? You’re gonna push a baby out of your vagina and get turned on by it??? Naaahhhhh.
like I said before birth is going to be painful no matter what absolute bollocks / words you fill your brain with…
If someone was finding birth pleasurable to the point of wanting an orgasm I genuinely would think they needed professional help 😷😷😷😷.

Why are they so anti birth being painful????Surely it’s better to say it’s painful but you can handle it! It won’t last forever and you’ll forget all about it once you have your baby in your arms.
Not “it shouldn’t hurt if it does you’re something wrong”
God she really angers me!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Having an orgasm releases oxytocin. Oxytocin is naturally released during labour - it is the hormone that makes your uterus contract. The higher the oxytocin the more effective your contractions. During breastfeeding, oxytocin is responsible for the let down. Like it or not, you release the same hormone from kissing your baby's head as you do from having an orgasm. It's nature.

Would I masturbate during labour? No. But I see the logic.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Having an orgasm releases oxytocin. Oxytocin is naturally released during labour - it is the hormone that makes your uterus contract. The higher the oxytocin the more effective your contractions. During breastfeeding, oxytocin is responsible for the let down. Like it or not, you release the same hormone from kissing your baby's head as you do from having an orgasm. It's nature.

Would I masturbate during labour? No. But I see the logic.
Just because it releases the same hormone doesn’t mean it’s the same. I can get adrenaline from going from on a rollercoaster like I would if I got in a fight with someone..They’re a bit different even if it’s the same hormone.

Having a orgasm is related to sex.
Not my baby /having my baby.
Breast feeding a baby is not the same as having sex / an orgasm regardless of whether oxytocin is released.

I’ll keep those things separate but you do you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just because it releases the same hormone doesn’t mean it’s the same. I can get adrenaline from going from on a rollercoaster like I would if I got in a fight with someone..They’re a bit different even if it’s the same hormone.

Having a orgasm is related to sex.
Not my baby /having my baby.
Breast feeding a baby is not the same as having sex / an orgasm regardless of whether oxytocin is released.

I’ll keep those things separate but you do you.
I'm not saying they are the same thing, but lots of people have sex when they want to induce labour. Why? Because semen contains prostagladins, the same hormone that is released during a pessary induction, and oxytocin which is responsible for uterine contractions. Having an orgasm doesn't mean you're getting turned on by having your baby!

I'm not saying they are the same thing, but lots of people have sex when they want to induce labour. Why? Because semen contains prostagladins, the same hormone that is released during a pessary induction, and oxytocin which is responsible for uterine contractions. Having an orgasm doesn't mean you're getting turned on by having your baby!
Having sex before labour/to induce is a bit different to whacking out a vibrator & masturbating as your baby is coming out of you 😂.
You have an orgasm at the height of your sexual arousal.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Having sex before labour/to induce is a bit different to whacking out a vibrator & masturbating as your baby is coming out of you 😂.
You have an orgasm at the height of your sexual arousal.
Who is saying masturbate whilst your baby is actually coming out of you?! Nobody has time for that while baby is crowning, but early labour can be long so whatever floats your boat! Having kiss and a cuddle in early labour does the job too! As does watching a nice film or listening to your favourite music...

Reactions: 4
Who is saying masturbate whilst your baby is actually coming out of you?! Nobody has time for that while baby is crowning, but early labour can be long so whatever floats your boat! Having kiss and a cuddle in early labour does the job too! As does watching a nice film or listening to your favourite music...
She literally commented underneath her post to take a vibrator into the hospital room with you & tell the midwives you want to masturbate..

Most hospitals tell you to stay at home during the early stages & only come in when you’re in established labour.

• Heart
She literally commented underneath her post to take a vibrator into the hospital room with you & tell the midwives you want to masturbate..

Most hospitals tell you to stay at home during the early stages & only come in when you’re in established labour.
You can still be in the hospital for several hours during active labour. If you're being induced you could be in hospital for days.

• Sick
Reactions: 1
You can still be in the hospital for several hours during active labour. If you're being induced you could be in hospital for days.
& I still think it’s weird as duck to masturbate your way through labour and contractions. To me to have an orgasm or masturbate I need to be “in the mood” that mood ain’t gonna happening when I’m in labour.
I don’t get why she’s pushing birth to be this pleasurable, orgasmic, euphoric thing. It’s dangerous. It’s toxic positivity at it’s absolutely best.. Especially as she’s advising people not to follow medical advice/listen to doctors and midwives.
Obvs if anyone agrees with her and likes her then this isn’t the thread for you?? Go and follow her x

• Heart
Reactions: 10
& I still think it’s weird as duck to masturbate your way through labour and contractions. To me to have an orgasm or masturbate I need to be “in the mood” that mood ain’t gonna happening when I’m in labour.
I don’t get why she’s pushing birth to be this pleasurable, orgasmic, euphoric thing. It’s dangerous. It’s toxic positivity at it’s absolutely best.. Especially as she’s advising people not to follow medical advice/listen to doctors and midwives.
Obvs if anyone agrees with her and likes her then this isn’t the thread for you?? Go and follow her x
As I said, I wouldn't do it as I also have to be in the mood, but each to their own.

I don't think she is advising people not to follow medical advice, but letting them know that sometimes there are other options and, and I agree PROVIDING MUM AND BABY AREN'T IN ANY DANGER. Sometimes it's ok to weigh up your options and wait. The NICE guidelines is a good place to start when weighing up pros and cons.

Birth has become so medicalised and it is wonderful that we have all the medical expertise should we need it, but often it causes more issues than the issue they were trying to avoid! Having a healthy baby is the outcome everyone wants but what about the mum with PTSD following birth trauma? Who looks after her? Was her birth tramatic because of her body (birth trauma is never the woman's fault by the way) or because of the intervention?

Anyway, I digress. I wasn't here to defend TND, I just find the physiology of birth facsinating! I shall find another thread to stalk now!

• Heart
Reactions: 7

There is no denying she's a bit mental but there is an old saying for a reason 'what gets the baby in, gets the baby out' - it's all about oxytocin. Granted she is pushing a rather vom-inducing angle, but there is evidence that the release of oxytocin (cuddle, kiss, laughing, organs) helps speed up labour.

Reactions: 4