The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad other people remember this. I find it freaky disconcerting the way she’s tried to sneakily distance herself from it

Also “floppy fanny” is disgustingly cringe
Didn’t she also take some time offline after LG’s birth saying some births take it out of you? Her name hasn’t been mentioned since but I’m pretty sure she was the one advising LG

Reactions: 6
Didn’t she also take some time offline after LG’s birth saying some births take it out of you? Her name hasn’t been mentioned since but I’m pretty sure she was the one advising LG
She was definitely Lauren’s doula. Not sure if there was other staff involved though in helping Lauren to decide what to do and when, from what I’ve read her waters went but she stayed at home (please someone correct me if I’m wrong). When my waters trickled (or I thought they did) with my first, when nothing kicked in after a few hours I called triage who advised I’d need to go in as the risk of infection increases after 24 hours (which I was already aware of but maybe not everyone is?) I really really hope Lauren wasn’t given the wrong information or was misinformed/mis advised (obviously we have no idea if it was Emma or someone else). My heart breaks for lauren and I hope she can get some closure with knowing what happened and why she lost her baby. Sorry to go slightly OT but I think this thread was started due to Emma’s connection to Lauren.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
She was definitely Lauren’s doula. Not sure if there was other staff involved though in helping Lauren to decide what to do and when, from what I’ve read her waters went but she stayed at home (please someone correct me if I’m wrong). When my waters trickled (or I thought they did) with my first, when nothing kicked in after a few hours I called triage who advised I’d need to go in as the risk of infection increases after 24 hours (which I was already aware of but maybe not everyone is?) I really really hope Lauren wasn’t given the wrong information or was misinformed/mis advised (obviously we have no idea if it was Emma or someone else). My heart breaks for lauren and I hope she can get some closure with knowing what happened and why she lost her baby. Sorry to go slightly OT but I think this thread was started due to Emma’s connection to Lauren.
Emma has definitely said on her insta that the risk of infection from sweeps/investigations is higher than staying at home when your waters have gone and waiting for something to happen. I think from LGs timeline she didn’t go into labour until 2 days after her waters went

I don’t know how anyone can continue dishing out advice when you’re not medically trained when you know you may have been complicit in the death of a baby during childbirth

• Sad
Reactions: 10
Apparently the Naked Doula’s Mother passed away during childbirth. Seems she has an axe to grind with modern conventional births in NHS hospitals.

• Wow
  • Sad
Apparently the Naked Doula’s Mother passed away during childbirth. Seems she has an axe to grind with modern conventional births in NHS hospitals.
What from though? That’s so important for context. Also you’d think she’d have found some closure there after her elective c section for her breach baby

Reactions: 3
I think her mum passed away just before she gave birth to her first baby. I’m sure that’s what she’s said

Reactions: 1
Oh! I read the bio in the link I posted incorrectly. Apologies guys. That’ll teach me for reading Tattle and various sources on the job! 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I'm so glad I've found this thread! I'm due to give birth soon and have been following her but know little about her and assumed she was qualified to be giving such advice. I was debating her course but think I'll give it a miss. I did buy the Her9 vitamins 🙈 haven't took them yet as want to check them with my midwife. Anyone tried these? Are they safe? I'm second guessing now after finding this page! I have little one already and was induced so I know the score but have been researching ways to stay healthy and hopefully avoid an induction and came across her

Reactions: 2
She’s been reading here clearly 🤣🤣
Seeing as you are 100% reading here Fakey Doula - Healthcare Professionals are registered for one reason and one reason only- TO PROTECT THE PUBLIC!! You can’t loose something you havnt got can you!? (I.e a PIN number) and that’s why people like you are dangerous.
Saying your views are based on a lot of evidence 🥴 (weird phrasing) please try to imitate a little professionalism and reference all your sources from now on. I’m sure NICE would be so grateful to you for updating their guidelines- so medical staff could work within EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE guidelines 🤡

Reactions: 7
It genuinely scares me the amount of women who follower her and are taking her word as gospel. I read an article Lauren Goodger did after her tragic loss. She did name Emma and said she was with her as her doula during her labour. It's speculation from my part but from what she posts, advice she gives its scary to think how clouded Lauren's head may have been whilst in labour. Its heartbreaking. The advice she gives is very one sided. What are the statistics like for women who refuse induction, refuse help and advice from trained professionals? There aren't any statistics just testmonies written in bright coloured posts of women where its gone right. Wheres Lauren's story? Wheres here brightly coloured grid post? There isn't one because her birth ended the worst possible way. There's no awareness raised by Emma, she's brushed her involvement under the carpet and carried on with her hypocritical self promotion and advice xx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I can’t quite believe that this woman is still peddling her wares.

She is dangerous and she is very unlikeable so I really struggle to see the appeal?

As a pp said, the thing with the comb just makes me want to cringe myself inside out, although not as much as her orgasm face when she talks about flicking the bean during labour 😣

The hypocrisy of her having a caesarean whilst telling others to “breathe” their baby out is just staggering.

Don’t know what to say really. How many mothers and babies lives is she going to put at risk before she stops?

Reactions: 14
She's been called out again by the same page as the screenshot above, not sure can I mention the page. Can't post the screenshot (phone won't let me?) but it says...

".... Failure to have a floppy jaw is not the reason you may end up having a caesarean"

Reactions: 12
She's been called out again by the same page as the screenshot above, not sure can I mention the page. Can't post the screenshot (phone won't let me?) but it says...

".... Failure to have a floppy jaw is not the reason you may end up having a caesarean"
you can mention the page if it’s public

Reactions: 4
So glad I've found this thread! First time Mum-to-be here, and finding everything slightly overwhelming. I came across The Naked Doulas account and started following a couple of months ago, to start with I was a bit sucked in (not to the point where I've paid for her app/course though) but as the weeks/months have gone by the content just didn't sit right with me, it felt dangerous. I have a fantastic midwife, very supportive but TND's content has me scrutinising my midwifes advice, wondering if she does have my best interests at heart. Making me feel like I have to challenge absolutely everything. Anyway I've had to unfollow TND, I think her advice is dangerous, she made me feel scared not empowered! This thread has been amazing at confirming my doubts - thank you! x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Congratulations and welcome! I was exactly the same. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy and birth 💕

So glad I've found this thread! First time Mum-to-be here, and finding everything slightly overwhelming. I came across The Naked Doulas account and started following a couple of months ago, to start with I was a bit sucked in (not to the point where I've paid for her app/course though) but as the weeks/months have gone by the content just didn't sit right with me, it felt dangerous. I have a fantastic midwife, very supportive but TND's content has me scrutinising my midwifes advice, wondering if she does have my best interests at heart. Making me feel like I have to challenge absolutely everything. Anyway I've had to unfollow TND, I think her advice is dangerous, she made me feel scared not empowered! This thread has been amazing at confirming my doubts - thank you! x