The Naked Doula

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She really can’t help herself… she says “I don’t give my opinion, only facts” regarding membrane sweeps and then proceeds to give her opinion about dates, homeopathy and chiropractic
duck Chiropractors. duck them all. bleeping quacks.

Reactions: 5
I'm a first time mum to be, due in a few weeks. I followed the Naked Doula as I have no idea what to expect when the time comes but wow, am I glad I've found this thread...

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I'm a first time mum to be, due in a few weeks. I followed the Naked Doula as I have no idea what to expect when the time comes but wow, am I glad I've found this thread...
I'm so glad you have, I listened to her advice when I was pregnant. Thank god nothing happened to my son but I refused induction based on her recommendations. I'd NEVER listen to anyone like her again, only professionals. But I was scared and worried and she made it seem less scary. But please don't be scared, honestly it's amazing what our bodies can do! You've got this! Sending you lots of love xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I'm so glad you have, I listened to her advice when I was pregnant. Thank god nothing happened to my son but I refused induction based on her recommendations. I'd NEVER listen to anyone like her again, only professionals. But I was scared and worried and she made it seem less scary. But please don't be scared, honestly it's amazing what our bodies can do! You've got this! Sending you lots of love xxxxx
Thank you! 🥰
It is quite concerning reading some of the comments under her posts too

Reactions: 6
I’d love to be a fly on the wall when she actually experiences labour. Let’s see how well she just breathes out a baby 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
You’ve got this!

The thing is, I should be TND’s biggest fan. I had a homebirth, amazingly positive, and genuinely did just “breathe” baby out (no active pushing, just instinctual). But that was based on lots of careful thought, reading reliable sources and respectful conversations with my midwife and other medical staff. I can’t stand the simplistic, often false narrative she provides. It is dangerous and ultimately harms the “cause” she is trying to promote.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
You’ve got this!

The thing is, I should be TND’s biggest fan. I had a homebirth, amazingly positive, and genuinely did just “breathe” baby out (no active pushing, just instinctual). But that was based on lots of careful thought, reading reliable sources and respectful conversations with my midwife and other medical staff. I can’t stand the simplistic, often false narrative she provides. It is dangerous and ultimately harms the “cause” she is trying to promote.
That’s exactly the sort of birth I hoped for however I went over 2 weeks overdue, had to be induced and had crazy back to back contractions followed by baby getting stuck and having to rush to theatre for a forceps delivery. I think what makes me angry about her is she doesn’t seem to acknowledge that it’s not always beautiful and straight forward. There’s a reason so many women and children used to die during childbirth (and still do in many countries)

That’s exactly the sort of birth I hoped for however I went over 2 weeks overdue, had to be induced and had crazy back to back contractions followed by baby getting stuck and having to rush to theatre for a forceps delivery. I think what makes me angry about her is she doesn’t seem to acknowledge that it’s not always beautiful and straight forward. There’s a reason so many women and children used to die during childbirth (and still do in many countries)
But then, she wouldn’t make any money if she told the truth 🥲

Reactions: 5
My first birth I was induced at 37 weeks and whilst I had a lovely labour, I suffered a 2nd degree tear which caused issues postnatal. My second, I was diagnosed with the same complications but I did my research and this is where I came across TND. I soon learned from this thread she wasn't qualified and stopped reading her page. I found information from the WHO and NHS website for example and discussed my findings with my consultant who was fantastic. With daily monitoring, something TND will tell you not to go to, I got to 41 weeks before I was admitted as thankfully they spotted reduced movement, that I hadn't. The midwives at the hospital were wonderful, waters broken, no pessary or drip this time at my request and I was allowed to birth in a 'pool suite' lol. I was given everything I wasn't allowed first time round, whilst working with the experts and delivering the baby safely, not medicated and no tear breathing baby out which i thought was a load of tit until i delivered ha. The point I'm trying to make is if I'd listened to TND there's a chance my little potato wouldn't be in my arms right now. I hope someone reads this, understands how important it is to listen to the experts as despite what TND says, our NHS aren't evil and truly put your babies safety first. Work with them, don't refuse care, monitoring is so important and be polite. Also, like a dick head I took a comb to labour with - it got launched pretty quickly 🤣🤣 waste of bloody energy that was!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’d love to be a fly on the wall when she actually experiences labour. Let’s see how well she just breathes out a baby 😂
This! Haha i had a baby 3 months ago which resulted in an emergency c section. Let me tell you before that, those contractions were no joke and self pleasure that she advocates was the last thing on my mind 😂 she had an elective c section first time around so how can she advocate for help during contractions when shes never experienced them. She is in for a shock for sure 🙈😂😂

• Haha
Maybe I’m a brainwashed sheep but I could and would never listen to anyone apart from an obstetrician or midwife during childbirth! I really don’t get some people.

Maybe I’m a brainwashed sheep but I could and would never listen to anyone apart from an obstetrician or midwife during childbirth! I really don’t get some people.
Better to be a brainwashed sheep and have an alive baby. The nhs are not perfect and mistakes happen but I’d follow their advice every time over this head.

Reactions: 9
FC19559F-B8AE-459E-93FE-DC67A248565B.png

Honestly she’s so full of tit it’s laughable! ‘I declined a second scan’ but ‘will have a scan closer to birth’. They wouldn’t have even offered another placenta scan untill much further on anyway! Both myself and my friend had placenta preavia needing a c section so it does happen! She makes me mad 😡

Reactions: 11
View attachment 1787591
Honestly she’s so full of tit it’s laughable! ‘I declined a second scan’ but ‘will have a scan closer to birth’. They wouldn’t have even offered another placenta scan untill much further on anyway! Both myself and my friend had placenta preavia needing a c section so it does happen! She makes me mad 😡
Medical professionals wouldn’t have been worried at 20 weeks about this. It’s pretty common. I find it bizarre how she’s so anti c section when she’s had one! It really doesn’t matter how your baby is born.

Reactions: 6
Medical professionals wouldn’t have been worried at 20 weeks about this. It’s pretty common. I find it bizarre how she’s so anti c section when she’s had one! It really doesn’t matter how your baby is born.
Yep exactly, they would’ve just said we’ll scan you again at 32 weeks and she’s nowhere near that anyway, she really pisses me off!

She’s thick as tit mate.
She really is!!!

Yep exactly, they would’ve just said we’ll scan you again at 32 weeks and she’s nowhere near that anyway, she really pisses me off!

She really is!!!
It happened to me with my second, booked a scan for 36 weeks and by then it had moved. There was no drama or worry. She definitely tries to scare people.

It happened to me with my second, booked a scan for 36 weeks and by then it had moved. There was no drama or worry. She definitely tries to scare people.
It’s so people can say they “fixed” all their problems by following her and FFF. She pretends things are massive issues, so when they are not she can say it’s all because of her methods. Her and and her followers like to think breathing techniques and ‘natural’ overpriced products will make their placenta move for example. It’s *almost* clever.

View attachment 1787591
She is talking bollocks. This happened to me but they weren’t concerned they just booked me in for another scan at 32 weeks to check, didn’t even mention a c section