The Moscow/Idaho murders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do yous think that the police know more than what it looks like they know and are playing their cards close to their chest or … know very little? It’s sometimes hard to tell with small town police departments.
i hope they know more than they're letting on

• Heart
Reactions: 10
i can’t believe
So glad there is a thread for this.

Not seen it mentioned here but it's been stated multiple times elsewhere that not only is the hoodie guy now in Africa, but he also drove 5 hours to his parent's cabin apparently directly after being seen on the Grub Truck live feed. That is suspicious in itself. Who, after a night out, decides to drive for 5 hours at 2am?

I do think he is the most suspicious person mentioned in the case so far. Of course, it could be any randomer really but if we're looking at evidence and facts, this boy is like a flashing red beacon.

Just saw a TikTok from a girl called swaggyslimjim if anyone wants to go watch it about another suspicious individual called Ryan who was in the same frat as Ethan, I think. Also interesting.
I think Hoodie guy is very suspicious…
Given the nature of the crime you would think they would have DNA evidence though
The police issued a statement yesterday and it seemed to rule him out though.
Its such a weird crime I really thought it would be solved quickly.
They all were just beginning their lives, feel so bad for their families 💔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I think Kaylee's family are doing a lot of interviews, but apparently the Police haven't actually told the families any details.
hope it doesn't effect the investigation

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Am following this on Reddit (and now on here) but have just joined a Facebook group about it and WOW it’s like the Wild West! Openly accusing people, sharing their personal info, photos, etc. Never seen anything like it.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I was listening to Morbids newest episode and they talked about the Idaho murders at the beginning

Something they mentioned that I hadn’t heard before was there was a strange incident that happened only 3 miles away from the house a few weeks before the murders happened

TW - animal cruelty

there was a 12 year old dog, the owners let him out like they always do and someone took him and “fillet and skinned him like someone was preparing a deer carcass” and they reckon someone was waiting for the dog to get let out so they could do this

very Interesting

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
It’s creepy that someone/people that have done this, are still out there 😫 I hope whoever or if there were 2 people that did the crimes are found ASAP. The families and friends would be living in limbo, which would be a horrible feeling 💔Does anyone else think that someone could have been casing out the house in the past few months and have been following the girls/guy around secretly? Could it be someone who held a grudge against the girls and guy did it?

Reactions: 7
Am following this on Reddit (and now on here) but have just joined a Facebook group about it and WOW it’s like the Wild West! Openly accusing people, sharing their personal info, photos, etc. Never seen anything like it.
I joined one today… omg feel the same !

Reactions: 3
Makes me feel very uneasy, they're sharing first and last names of people who they think did it - obviously some of them are wrong so these poor people are surely being harrassed while still grieving. The talk around this case is something else, people are saying it's gone cold etc. but the police aren't going to be sharing every single update or what directions they're going in with the investigation because the perpetrator will be seeing it too and that hinders it. It's only been three weeks since it happened, I really do hope the killer is found and put away for a long time. I think we just have to wait for answers because the stuff i've seen on other online communities and tiktok definitely will be hindering the investigation

Reactions: 11
I was listening to Morbids newest episode and they talked about the Idaho murders at the beginning

Something they mentioned that I hadn’t heard before was there was a strange incident that happened only 3 miles away from the house a few weeks before the murders happened

TW - animal cruelty

there was a 12 year old dog, the owners let him out like they always do and someone took him and “fillet and skinned him like someone was preparing a deer carcass” and they reckon someone was waiting for the dog to get let out so they could do this

very Interesting
The police department said that they don't think that situation has anything to do with the murders, that's in one of the press releases on the Moscow Police department's website.

I have a feeling the police are onto something and in about 2 weeks they'll have it all put together and we'll know what really happened - but, I could be v wrong. I just feel like this has been committed by someone as a first time offender who may have acted with little planning... 😒

Reactions: 5
i can’t believe

I think Hoodie guy is very suspicious…
Given the nature of the crime you would think they would have DNA evidence though
The police issued a statement yesterday and it seemed to rule him out though.
Its such a weird crime I really thought it would be solved quickly.
They all were just beginning their lives, feel so bad for their families 💔
This goes for anyone, you can be ruled out but if evidence comes to light to the proves that they did those murders then they will no longer be ruled out. I heard that mentioned by a two YouTube channels that I've watched about the case.

I have a feeling the police are onto something and in about 2 weeks they'll have it all put together and we'll know what really happened - but, I could be v wrong. I just feel like this has been committed by someone as a first time offender who may have acted with little planning... 😒
I'm sure they did initially say the killer was "shoddy" and left evidence but the problem is everything was contaminated by multiple people entering the home. I hope they know and are just getting everything in order to swoop.

• Sad
So glad there is a thread for this.

Not seen it mentioned here but it's been stated multiple times elsewhere that not only is the hoodie guy now in Africa, but he also drove 5 hours to his parent's cabin apparently directly after being seen on the Grub Truck live feed. That is suspicious in itself. Who, after a night out, decides to drive for 5 hours at 2am?

I do think he is the most suspicious person mentioned in the case so far. Of course, it could be any randomer really but if we're looking at evidence and facts, this boy is like a flashing red beacon.

Just saw a TikTok from a girl called swaggyslimjim if anyone wants to go watch it about another suspicious individual called Ryan who was in the same frat as Ethan, I think. Also interesting.
I think it’s important not to believe everything you see online, especially TikTok. Who knows what’s true, we should take everything with a pinch of salt
This was taken from true crime society insta page :)

Attachments

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I think it’s important not to believe everything you see online, especially TikTok. Who knows what’s true, we should take everything with a pinch of salt
This was taken from true crime society insta page :)
people have been losing their minds thinking that it's the hoodie guy and blah blah blah. I don' think that people should be harassing him and there people around this case, it's all so wild.

Can someone explain frats/sororities to me? In really simple terms. I kind of thought it was just like a 'house' in university, as in like Christchurch College is part of Oxford etc. But on reddit they seem to be actual houses as they are talking about them sleeping at a frat house? Also someone said fraternities have their own attorneys and I just can't get my head around it :LOL:

Reactions: 10
Can someone explain frats/sororities to me? In really simple terms. I kind of thought it was just like a 'house' in university, as in like Christchurch College is part of Oxford etc. But on reddit they seem to be actual houses as they are talking about them sleeping at a frat house? Also someone said fraternities have their own attorneys and I just can't get my head around it :LOL:
Yes they have their own attorneys.
Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 1.50.00 PM.png

I'll let someone else answer the rest of your question. But some of those Frats and Sororities have a lot of money. Sanctions shall be imposed when Greek organizations are found responsible for violating University policy too.

Reactions: 1
Wow thanks for the recap. I agree with @Justhereforthedrama 2nd scenario with the 911 call but I don’t quite understand the keypad door locking system. Do you think they just lock behind you and you need a key / pin to enter? Do you think this is an indication they knew their killer?

I haven’t managed to find much about the food truck guy but I thought they must’ve identified him given how many people he interacted with on camera.

It’s a really shocking case and to be honest, this and Delphi, have terrified me as to how killers still seem to be able to “get away” with such horrific attacks even in this era of DNA, CCTV, social media, internet sleuthing and so on.
Thank god the Delphi murders have (presumably) been resolved. He’s an evil bastard

I had a horrible moment earlier where I thought I hoped it wouldn't inspire a spate of copycats then thought urgh no, brain do not think such thoughts.

It's vitally important killer/s are tracked down for myriad reasons. Police have been quite cagey about info released, hopefully they have useful information.

They must have some idea of a suspect that they aren’t sharing. I’m assuming they are at least known to one of the victims so you would think that there would be some online trail.

40% of students didn’t go back to college.. that’s a huge chunk of people away who could fall under the radar.

• Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.