The Moscow/Idaho Murders #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just seen trailer for this dateline special tonight, it has got the families talking on it which will be interesting to hear I’m not sure why it has been done before trial

Reactions: 3
Ah ok, i get you :) Yeah i hope the evidence isn’t wishy washy in this case. It’ll be interesting to see how BK comes across aswell and if he decides to testify if it goes to trial
You’ve hit the nail on the head there - wishy washy. I guess that’s what I was trying to say, right now I’m not sure but once it goes to trial and more evidence comes out I’m just I’ll agree that I think he’s guilty.
He seems to be extremely calm, and I just can’t see anyone who genuinely innocent being like that

Reactions: 4
I voted not sure, though the evidence we've been told about so far seems quite damning, I'd need to know more really to make a firmer decision. I'm also still a bit 🤔 about the very short time frame in which 1 person navigated an unfamiliar house in the dark and killed 4 people with a knife.
I hope that they have the right person as otherwise they've wrecked an innocent person's life 😕. Hopefully there's some more solid evidence yet to come out, I'm really interested to know if they found anything on his devices.

Reactions: 13
I voted not sure, though the evidence we've been told about so far seems quite damning, I'd need to know more really to make a firmer decision. I'm also still a bit 🤔 about the very short time frame in which 1 person navigated an unfamiliar house in the dark and killed 4 people with a knife.
I hope that they have the right person as otherwise they've wrecked an innocent person's life 😕. Hopefully there's some more solid evidence yet to come out, I'm really interested to know if they found anything on his devices.
The short time frame and also the phone records that show he was around the residence. Can they definitely prove that through phone records? Or will it just mean he was around the area? Would that be easier to explain away?

It's so interesting to discuss.

I’ve just seen trailer for this dateline special tonight, it has got the families talking on it which will be interesting to hear I’m not sure why it has been done before trial
I really don’t understand why they’re doing specials on it. I mean for one the guy hasn’t been declared guilty yet and I just feel it could potentially damage the case? He’s not going to get an impartial jury with everyone watching these and already making their minds up about it.

Reactions: 20
The short time frame and also the phone records that show he was around the residence. Can they definitely prove that through phone records? Or will it just mean he was around the area? Would that be easier to explain away?

It's so interesting to discuss.
I think I saw that there's only one cell tower in Moscow so he would ping that cell tower being in Moscow, not just close to the residence. However, SG did state that BK's phone hit the house's WiFi... How they know that or can prove that I have no idea! But that would obviously put him very close or inside the residence.

Casey Lytle posted a very interesting Tik Tok saying basically what the defense will be thinking in terms of explaining the circumstantial data. I would copy it but I can't so to summarise - trying to link any of the evidence they have against BK to any other possible suspects they may have had, did any other suspect have a white car, poking holes in cell data, even admitting he had a crush on one of the girls, had been to the house, stalking because he was infatuated with one of the girls rather than wanting to kill them, admitting the knife was his but he wasn't in possession of it, perhaps he lost it on one of his trips to the house etc. They will literally be trying to explain everything away and the most damning evidence against him will be if trace DNA from BK is found on the bodies or in the rooms.

It's a good watch as is everything Casey puts out.

Reactions: 6
I think I saw that there's only one cell tower in Moscow so he would ping that cell tower being in Moscow, not just close to the residence. However, SG did state that BK's phone hit the house's WiFi... How they know that or can prove that I have no idea! But that would obviously put him very close or inside the residence.

Casey Lytle posted a very interesting Tik Tok saying basically what the defense will be thinking in terms of explaining the circumstantial data. I would copy it but I can't so to summarise - trying to link any of the evidence they have against BK to any other possible suspects they may have had, did any other suspect have a white car, poking holes in cell data, even admitting he had a crush on one of the girls, had been to the house, stalking because he was infatuated with one of the girls rather than wanting to kill them, admitting the knife was his but he wasn't in possession of it, perhaps he lost it on one of his trips to the house etc. They will literally be trying to explain everything away and the most damning evidence against him will be if trace DNA from BK is found on the bodies or in the rooms.

I'll try and look this up on tiktok.
Yes I did think that about the cell tower so I'm not sure how they can pinpoint him to being on King Road multiple times before the murders.

Also, as someone else previously mentioned, 12 times in a 4 month period isn't obsessive? If it can be explained away with just him visiting Moscow, then that surely pokes holes in the argument.

If it is just the cell tower and thats all they have, that weakens the argument that he was specifically stalking the house.
The WiFi is interesting. I thought you could only connect to WiFi if you've actively clicked on it. If he has and it required a password, that could suggest he knew the victims and could work in explaining why he was there. Would that also weaken the argument that he was stalking them without him knowing them?

BTW I have no opinion on whether he is guilty or not - I'm purely trying to think about what the defence could come up with to try and get him off.

I'll try and look this up on tiktok.
Yes I did think that about the cell tower so I'm not sure how they can pinpoint him to being on King Road multiple times before the murders.

Also, as someone else previously mentioned, 12 times in a 4 month period isn't obsessive? If it can be explained away with just him visiting Moscow, then that surely pokes holes in the argument.

If it is just the cell tower and thats all they have, that weakens the argument that he was specifically stalking the house.
The WiFi is interesting. I thought you could only connect to WiFi if you've actively clicked on it. If he has and it required a password, that could suggest he knew the victims and could work in explaining why he was there. Would that also weaken the argument that he was stalking them without him knowing them?

BTW I have no opinion on whether he is guilty or not - I'm purely trying to think about what the defence could come up with to try and get him off.
I'm sure the PCA says his vehicle was picked up on cameras in the area aswell hence why they pinpointed the king road area?
Apologies if that's not the case (or iv read it elsewhere)

Reactions: 2

The WiFi thing, if it did connect to their WiFi, it wouldn't have been on the night of the murders would it? As I'm sure his phone was off for that period, then reconnected to the network a while after. If I'm remembering correctly 🤔.

The WiFi thing, if it did connect to their WiFi, it wouldn't have been on the night of the murders would it? As I'm sure his phone was off for that period, then reconnected to the network a while after. If I'm remembering correctly 🤔.
No it would have been previous occasions.

Reactions: 3
I'm sure the PCA says his vehicle was picked up on cameras in the area aswell hence why they pinpointed the king road area?
Apologies if that's not the case (or iv read it elsewhere)
Ahh that would make sense. I thought they only meant this for the night of the murder, not any previous times.

If that's the case then it definitely is harder for him to state he was just visiting Moscow randomly

The circumstantial evidence when looked at individually might not seem like much but for me it’s too more that a coincidence that all those happened. Him visiting the house numerous times prior, his car been sighted in the area, his phone being turned off for the time of the murders, phone data showing him driving away shortly after returning the next day, his DNA being on the sheath. Cleaning his car and taking out the garbage to the neighbours bins with gloves, can maybe justify the gloves but why the neighbours bin. For me it looks like he is guilty based on what we know but will see what happens at trial I’m sure a lot more evidence will come out

Reactions: 15
I voted guilty purely because at the moment I feel that there is a lot of circumstantial evidence against him that can't easily be explained away.

However i only did this as my opinion counts for diddly squad. If I was a juror I would be listening to and absorbing ALL the information before I came to my verdict.

I think the media needs to leave Moscow alone now, the town needs time to get back to some normality. I also think that as much as I feel for the families now is the time to be quiet. I would absolutely hate for the trial to be put in jeopardy because of all the media attention.

Reactions: 26
The circumstantial evidence when looked at individually might not seem like much but for me it’s too more that a coincidence that all those happened. Him visiting the house numerous times prior, his car been sighted in the area, his phone being turned off for the time of the murders, phone data showing him driving away shortly after returning the next day, his DNA being on the sheath. Cleaning his car and taking out the garbage to the neighbours bins with gloves, can maybe justify the gloves but why the neighbours bin. For me it looks like he is guilty based on what we know but will see what happens at trial I’m sure a lot more evidence will come out
Absolutely, all of these things can probably be explained away in isolation but when you put them all together it’s damning.

Reactions: 11
Yes there is an order against BK for him not to contact the victims and their families etc. I think its for 2 years
yes it's for two years.

I really don’t understand why they’re doing specials on it. I mean for one the guy hasn’t been declared guilty yet and I just feel it could potentially damage the case? He’s not going to get an impartial jury with everyone watching these and already making their minds up about it.
I agree and so is 20/20 on ABC doing a special on this case too. But you're right the guy hasn't even been found guilty yet, it's wild

it's also wild that his public defender in PA is in the Dateline special and he also did a interview with Brian Entin after the gag order was issued but I was watching Emily D Baker the other day and she was listened to some of the interview of Brian's interveiw with the public defender from PA and she felt like Bryan Lawyer from PA possibly was broke attorney client privilege. and also in Emily's live chat someone said in the live chat that the Lawyer you know was a little concerned about all the talking that he has been doing. If Emily and Lawyer you Know are concerned, it's a probably a big problem on Bryan's case.

Last edited:
Sorry if this sounds thick. But is wifi different in the USA cos wouldn’t he need to know the wifi password in order to connect to the wifi?

Reactions: 5
Sorry if this sounds thick. But is wifi different in the USA cos wouldn’t he need to know the wifi password in order to connect to the wifi?
I get what you are saying because I'm wondering the same thing too. I'm thinking the roommates had a password on their router. Those roommates look too lazy to disabled the password to their router. imo. Yeah I heard that Steve said that Bryan's phone touched their router whatever that means. It's wild. imo.

Brian Entin interviewed the defence lawyer in Pensilvania yesterday (the one who was involved with BK’s extradition) who said the prosecution is littered with holes and circumstancial evidence. Still desperate for his 5 mins of fame.

Gagging order doesn’t apply to him apparently because it was issued in Idaho so isn’t applicable to Pensilvania. Or so says Entin on Twitter
I think that Bryan's former public defender from PA is talking too much and I think that he is going to hurt Bryan's case in Idaho.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.