The Moscow/Idaho Murders #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe people are vomit reacting this. I also voted unsure. Because as good as the evidence in the PCA is, what's the point of a trial if we're going to decide based on that alone? You've got to test the evidence. That's why it's called a trial.
Whenever I read online comments around criminal cases like this it makes me genuinely scared that some of these people would be allowed to serve on a jury with how quickly they make up their minds based on limited evidence (not basing that on anyone on this thread btw)

I’ve served on a jury and there is sooo much information presented and it isn’t as black and white as you might think! Everyone is entitled to a fair trial

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I voted not sure because of Making A Murderer - he’s probably guilty but there’s strong evidence that he’s also probably not and sometimes I just can’t / don’t want to make up my mind on the limited info I know. Do I think he’s guilty ? Sure. But when it comes to a vote at the moment, I’m really not sure

Reactions: 12
Whenever I read online comments around criminal cases like this it makes me genuinely scared that some of these people would be allowed to serve on a jury with how quickly they make up their minds based on limited evidence (not basing that on anyone on this thread btw)

I’ve served on a jury and there is sooo much information presented and it isn’t as black and white as you might think! Everyone is entitled to a fair trial
I hope for his sake that he is guilty as his life is ruined either way. Based on the PCA, whilst a lot is circumstantial - it is a hell of a lot, I am leaning toward him being guilty but am open to my mind being changed at the trial.

Having been a juror on a murder trial you have to keep impartial and just focus on the evidence provided and whether it is enough to convince you without doubt or not.

Reactions: 14
I voted not sure because of Making A Murderer - he’s probably guilty but there’s strong evidence that he’s also probably not and sometimes I just can’t / don’t want to make up my mind on the limited info I know. Do I think he’s guilty ? Sure. But when it comes to a vote at the moment, I’m really not sure
I have similar thoughts, yes there’s evidence but I strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty. I have watched far too many documentaries about people who have spent 20+ years in prison over a crime they didn’t commit. It will all come out over the next year or so and then we can really judge.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What’s the evidence of him probably not being guilty?

As it stands with the information that’s out there i think he’s guilty but obviously we the public only know a small amount of the information. I would need some pretty solid convincing from the defence to explain away some of the evidence, but would always keep an open mind and wanna hear his side of it.

I think one issue with cases like this that really blow up in the media is that every average joe is invested and has an opinion, but a lot of those people don’t usually follow true crime cases and don’t understand how the law works or have many reference points to other crimes etc so they just get hyped up as if it’s some thriller on tv. The kind of people that watched making a murderer cause everyone was talking about it and now think they’re an expert.

Reactions: 9
What’s the evidence of him probably not being guilty?

As it stands with the information that’s out there i think he’s guilty but obviously we the public only know a small amount of the information. I would need some pretty solid convincing from the defence to explain away some of the evidence, but would always keep an open mind and wanna hear his side of it.

I think one issue with cases like this that really blow up in the media is that every average joe is invested and has an opinion, but a lot of those people don’t usually follow true crime cases and don’t understand how the law works or have many reference points to other crimes etc so they just get hyped up as if it’s some thriller on tv. The kind of people that watched making a murderer cause everyone was talking about it and now think they’re an expert.
Sorry, I didn’t word it properly, I meant that in making a murderer there was good evidence to suggest he was set up - not BK. I was just using it as an example.

Reactions: 4
I voted guilty because I think he is based on what we know. Might change my mind during the trial and happy to be proved wrong! But really don’t want to think he’s innocent and the real the killer is still walking free.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just have a horrible feeling that it won’t reach trial, he will probably take the cowards way out and take his own life leaving the families with no justice and unanswered questions 💔
If he pleads guilty, there would be a stipulation read in court that would outline what happened. Look at a case like Chris Watts. The prosecutor read out an agreed upon statement of fact detailing what he did and how. It’s pretty standard. And the families would be privy to more info than the public anyhow.

Reactions: 5
Sorry, I didn’t word it properly, I meant that in making a murderer there was good evidence to suggest he was set up - not BK. I was just using it as an example.
Ah ok, i get you :) Yeah i hope the evidence isn’t wishy washy in this case. It’ll be interesting to see how BK comes across aswell and if he decides to testify if it goes to trial

Sorry if this has been answered or is obvious, but will he have to stay in prison now until June?

Reactions: 3
His request for discovery. Is this pretty standard - anyone know? Point 6 seems terrifying in terms of providing contact details of witnesses. Poor DM.
Pretty sure only his attorneys would have access to that info, not him, though generally defendants have a legal right to all of their attorney's notes/discovery. I'd bet there's a restraining order that prevents him from contacting any witnesses, though, and all calls and mail in and out of prisons is monitored and recorded.

Messed up as it is for the victim, part of the trial process includes the defendant having the right to confront any accuser, and that can include witnesses who identify them in certain instances.

Reactions: 5
If anyone is interested.
Dateline Episode Trailer: Killings in a College Town | Dateline NBC
Airs Friday, January 13 at 9/8c on NBC.

His request for discovery. Is this pretty standard - anyone know? Point 6 seems terrifying in terms of providing contact details of witnesses. Poor DM.
one guy he's not a lawyer but he said that it's pretty standard.

Pretty sure only his attorneys would have access to that info, not him, though generally defendants have a legal right to all of their attorney's notes/discovery. I'd bet there's a restraining order that prevents him from contacting any witnesses, though, and all calls and mail in and out of prisons is monitored and recorded.

Messed up as it is for the victim, part of the trial process includes the defendant having the right to confront any accuser, and that can include witnesses who identify them in certain instances.
there is one but for Bryan but it doesn't cover his lawyer. if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Yes there is an order against BK for him not to contact the victims and their families etc. I think its for 2 years

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.