The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Speculation is normal when it comes to the unknown and such awful events. Humans naturally need a ‘why’ when certain things happen and that’s why people ask questions etc to make sense of events. Usually harmless but you always get the small spiteful majority.

Reactions: 5
This shows the locations of the rooms in the house well. If he was leaving and heading towards the kitchen he would have walked right by Dylans bedroom. I can imagine that if it was dark and her door wasn’t fully open he could have easily walked by without seeing her. He’d just brutally murdered 4 people, he had achieved what he wanted to and now had to get out of there.
8A24AC3C-7516-4191-961C-DF0D5AE360EB.png

Reactions: 10
This shows the locations of the rooms in the house well. If he was leaving and heading towards the kitchen he would have walked right by Dylans bedroom. I can imagine that if it was dark and her door wasn’t fully open he could have easily walked by without seeing her. He’d just brutally murdered 4 people, he had achieved what he wanted to and now had to get out of there.
View attachment 1860895
Also we don’t know at which speed he was leaving. Was he calmly walking away or running once the dog barked? So Much we don’t know!

Reactions: 8
Lord knows I love me some speculation! Truly. I just draw the line at where it gets nasty to survivors or starts maligning people without evidence. Like the ex boyfriends, neighbors, roommates, and I think a professor who were all accused, and not quietly either. Publicly, with names and sometimes pictures and videos. Not only is it awful, it can pass into illegal territory and potentially puts more lives in danger (eg vigilantes).

Reactions: 16
Criminology is nothing to do with forensics so it doesn't surprise me that he was "sloppy". If guilty, I'm very glad he was sloppy.

Reactions: 17
I do wonder where B & D are right now? The media can be vultures and I’m really surprised no one has harassed them (as awful as that sounds) to find out what they really saw etc. Are they in hiding or protected? We have literally heard nothing from or about either of them since the murders - except the clearly untrue rumours of them being involved.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
View attachment 1860895
Dylan was so close to him it gives me shivers just thinking about it. I’m so glad he didn’t see her cause she probably would have been killed as well.

it is the Daily Mail .. but they have article today saying that FBI were watching at his parents and he put rubbish out wearing surgical gloves at 4am and used his neighbour bins !
Common way for them to retrieve DNA.I watched a documentary about a rapist in LA who had raped multiple women and they had their suspicions on a man but needed to collect DNA to match DNA at crime scene.They sent a police officer undercover as a worker at one of those soft play centres for kids...the suspects kid was having a birthday party and they got his DNA from a pizza napkin after he had eaten.Brian would have known they trail you for DNA and collect rubbish...saw a very interesting comment which was also a dig made by a professor of criminal justice in the Daily Mail...the prof said being in the fbi/police and experienced in forensics will always be worth more than someone who is book smart...he said
'At the end of the day, experience trumps academics every day of the week and twice on Sunday.'

Reactions: 15
With regard to Dylan everyone who is criticising her seem to think that when you witness something you respond in a cool calm and measured manner and know instinctively what to do. Nothing can be further from the truth. The worst crime scene I ever witnessed was in Newcastle where two Chinese students were basically sliced into pieces by gangsters. The first thing I saw on entering the premises was a severed hand lying on the carpet. The next thing I saw was the garden where I had to run to in order to vomit up my guts so as not to contaminate the scene. And at the time I had ten years experience in the job. Good only knows how a relatively young lass would have reacted.
Exactly this. We either freeze, fight or we flight. Its instilled in us from our ancestors thousands of years ago. Do we run from danger? Or do we walk towards it? Do we fight or avoid it? Or do we curl up in a ball and play dead? When we were cave men it's what we would decide depending on the predato. I really think Dylan went into her room and hid. Time wouldn't have been measured in seconds/ minutes to her. She was concentrating on survival, she probably exhausted herself and fell asleep maybe? I reckon she was in a complete state of shock and was only disturbed when bethany came in looking for them all.

Criminology is nothing to do with forensics so it doesn't surprise me that he was "sloppy". If guilty, I'm very glad he was sloppy.
Apparently he had classes on forensics in the weeks before and some of his prior education covered it.
I’m not clever in the slightest but I’ve watched enough tv to understand 😂 . I can only assume he was consumed with the act he just wasn’t paying attention.

Reactions: 6
Yea, the "why didn't she get up and check on her roommates, we always checked on our friends, why didn't she call the police immediately?!?!?" talk is so unhelpful and unnecessary. You really think she's not kicking herself for that over and over again? Everyone needs to back off the woman, if the police thought she did something wrong I don't think they'd just let her walk free. One of the two TikTok creators I trust to cover this case said it best: She did her job, she survived. Even if she had called 911 immediately, it wouldn't bring the four murdered people back to life.

It's time to stop saying with any certainty whatsoever what you think you'd do in the situation (using the general "you", not any specific poster), because you were not in the situation. You don't know how you'd react. You just don't. We all like to think we'd react perfectly but until/unless the situation arises, you. do. not. know. And I hope to g-d it stays that way. Because no one should have to live with that horror.
100% this.
Even if she had called the police, he had left and had likely sped off into the night. There was no way calling the police or paramedics would bring those poor 4 kids back. And I can guarantee she is probably beating herself up about it every day.

I can't even imagine the horror and fear she felt, even if she only thought it was a burglary. I've heard a noise downstairs in my house before and instead of going to check on it, I've got up, shut my door and hidden under the covers until morning. And I saw no one. The fear from seeing a randomer would be enough to have me locking the door and not coming out until someone I knew came to get me.

She's already lost 4 people in the most brutal circumstances. The last thing she needs is all the social media vultures (not aimed at anyone here, more at tiktokers and twitter!) blaming her and questioning her motives. The poor girl must be mentally exhausted.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I genuinely can’t stop thinking about this 😣 I came across their instagrams and it’s just so sad to see them all

• Sad
Reactions: 11
it is the Daily Mail .. but they have article today saying that FBI were watching at his parents and he put rubbish out wearing surgical gloves at 4am and used his neighbour bins !
it's also on Cnn too

Reactions: 4
I genuinely can’t stop thinking about this 😣 I came across their instagrams and it’s just so sad to see them all
I came across Jake’s instagram. The post he did for Maddie is heartbreaking. I can’t imagine what he must be feeling right now

Some of the girls posted photos on instagram on the 12th / 13th November. It’s so eerie

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Even though it happened so far away from me social media has made it feel so close. To watch them all having fun, the footage from the grub truck etc. It makes it feel real. I saw a load of pictures and videos that I hadn’t seen before earlier and it made me cry. They were just kids having fun getting ready to make their way in the world. Then that utter bastard tore all that away from them in 20 minutes.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
Exactly this. We either freeze, fight or we flight. Its instilled in us from our ancestors thousands of years ago. Do we run from danger? Or do we walk towards it? Do we fight or avoid it? Or do we curl up in a ball and play dead? When we were cave men it's what we would decide depending on the predato. I really think Dylan went into her room and hid. Time wouldn't have been measured in seconds/ minutes to her. She was concentrating on survival, she probably exhausted herself and fell asleep maybe? I reckon she was in a complete state of shock and was only disturbed when bethany came in looking for them all.
It is so hard to know how you would deal with it, 2 men broke into my house whilst myself and my son were in bed. They opened my bedroom door and I was half awake and shouted and jumped straight up out of bed as there was no way I was going to be laid defenceless and silent in my bed.

Luckily they legged it and nothing more sinister happened.

Part of the reason I think I reacted like that was because I had a child in the next bedroom and my instinct was to protect him, had I been alone then maybe reaction would have been different.

CID came out the next day and said I did the right thing making a noise as if it is a burglar or intruder that means you no physical harm the chances are noise will scare them off. If someone wants to hurt you physically they are going to do it whether your quiet or not so you may as well make as much noise and get up.

I'm not saying this is what DM should have done at all, no way in fact i am so glad she stayed safetly in her room! I'm just pointing out how reactions can vary based on circumstances and I am pretty sure had my son not been in the house I would have done something different.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I hope Dylan is being protected by everyone and not just as a witness but as a scared young girl who has just experienced the worst thing imaginable. She will have trauma for the rest of her life ☹ Those 2 girls are extremely lucky to be alive (which im sure they know). Considering he went past her door 3 times and could have tried every single door in that house including Bethany's

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I grew up in a household with a lot of trauma and violence, as a result I am hyper vigilant and tend to notice minor things. I live alone and if I hear a noise in the night I don’t get up. I lie there as still as possible listening so I can process what is happening and work out if I need to take action. If I was in a house like that where people regularly came and went I would probably convince myself that it was nothing but lock my door trying to dispel my fear. The utter silence in the house afterward must have been deafening. I’m sure she tried to convince herself it was just because everyone else was asleep.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
I can’t get xana out of my head. I know it’s tragic for all four of them but there’s something so so hideous knowing she was up and totally awake. When I read the PCA it noted how her body could be seen from the corridor on the floor :( it’s just heartbreaking. All I pray is that Ethan was at least near her and might have been able to speak to her in the final moments. It’s awful to process

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I grew up in a household with a lot of trauma and violence, as a result I am hyper vigilant and tend to notice minor things. I live alone and if I hear a noise in the night I don’t get up. I lie there as still as possible listening so I can process what is happening and work out if I need to take action. If I was in a house like that where people regularly came and went I would probably convince myself that it was nothing but lock my door trying to dispel my fear. The utter silence in the house afterward must have been deafening. I’m sure she tried to convince herself it was just because everyone else was asleep.
I totally get this, I am hyper vigilant too and the slightest noise has me wide awake.

We had CCTV installed thinking it would reassure me but instead spend ages checking it during the night instead.

I have tinnitus now so don't trust what I am hearing a lot of the time as have a constant ringing in my ears anyway.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.