Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

JSquared

VIP Member
Cathy Russon (@cathyrusson) on Twitter is posting the whole thing. It won’t load for me either idk if it’s cos I’m in the UK or maybe cos so many people are clicking it
thank you! I’m in UK too so could be the reason

Reactions: 1

candyland_

VIP Member
I saw an interview from Ethans family quite early on but I’ve not seen anything else from them or the other families.

Summernights

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been discussed already or I’ve missed it but what about the 6th housemate who slept on the bottom floor? Did she sleep through the whole thing? What time did she wake up the morning after ? Did she go out and not even realise anything had happened? I’m so confused about her part in all of this

Former_Antelopee

VIP Member
I understood she was scared of him so went into a different room and then watched TikTok’s? That’s what I find weird, surely if you were scared of someone you didn’t know in your house you’d call the police or at least a friend/contact someone in the house to see their opinion?

• Angry

Summernights

VIP Member
K’s father implied several times that K was likely the target based on the injuries. I understand why he made the conclusion but I always felt like it was because that’s something he wanted to see (not a bad thing, I think it’s easier to believe than her just being there at the wrong time)

I think it was also slightly disrespectful to all the other victims and their families as he clearly didn’t know anything
I see, thanks for explaining. I agree with your last point

keepgrowing93

On the 3D walkthrough, outside DMs door is where they marked the footprint.. is it possible she woke up went outside to check what had happened but saw the bloody footprint and went back into her room until someone answered her messages or phone calls?

candyland_

VIP Member
Dumb question but will he be questioned by detectives like he would over here or does he have to wait until the trial to speak?

pissedandsad

Not even a few hours. I would probably do it straight away - I'm sure they have a group chat - to ask what's happeing/if everyone is okay and get very concerned if there's no reply

The only thing I can think of is being drunk but she seems to have a memory of things so it doesn't make that much sense

I'm seeing a lot of tweets about how the guy is an idiot for leaving DNA and how he is not a mastermind. Surely we should be thankful for that? It almost seems like people are disppointed about it
I think it’s wonderful that someone left the case with dna there! A lucky break in the midst of horror & loss for so many. They were a lively, fun group of young people, by all accounts, involved in the community. They seemed happy, rich in friendships, just loving life and it all got cut down, as if it were of no value at all. So sad. I think it’s a bit of i

This is what the knife and knife sheath look like :cry:

LasVegas702

VIP Member
D & B were both said to have had rooms on basement level too, it’s only just come out now D was on first level, probably to keep them safe as well. Imagine if X hadn’t ordered anything, maybe they would be alive as it’s quite clear from what I’ve seen that K or M were the targets.
from the LE for the first time because there was like two live streams and one video, were the creator had stated that they thought that Dylan didn't have a room on the first floor but on the second floor.

LasVegas702

VIP Member
Your first point is correct, this horror isn’t over for her yet as she will most likely have to stand up in court - poor girl

also isn’t this just Twitter speculation. Fa not been confirmed the woman mentioned is actually her mum?
yes it has been confirmed that the woman is actually her mom

Questions Raised After Mom Of Idaho Murder Victim Allegedly Arrested Days After Daughter's Death
By Isaac Serna-Diez — Written on Dec 01, 2022

In the University of Idaho’s Kibbie Dome on Wednesday, November 30, 2022, a candlelight vigil was held in honor of the four victims that were brutally murdered in a home just off campus on November 13.

The families of Ethan Chapin, Madison Mogen, and Kaylee Goncalves were all in attendance, but the family of fellow University of Idaho student Xana Kernodle was unable to make it.

Although they announced a separate service for her on Friday, many were saddened that there was no one there to speak on her behalf during the vigil and looked into her family situation.

Who is Xana Kernodle’s mom?
Reports claim Xana's mom is a woman named Cara Kernoodle is currently an inmate in a county jail in northern Idaho.

True crime sleuths are making the claim after discovering a woman with the same last name as the 20-year-old in jail records.

Cara Kernoodle was arrested six days after Xana's murder.
An image of the inmate list at Kootenai County Jail in Idaho has been circulating social media as web detectives scour for any and all information regarding the Idaho murders — and many allege that Xana Kernodle’s mother, Cara Denise Kernodle, is on that list.

Arrested just six days after the tragic murders occurred, Cara is being held on a $50,000 bond for Possession Of A Controlled Substance — drugs under Schedule 1 and Schedule 2.

Cara is Xana Kernodle’s mother and she was arrested on Nov. 19th for an outstanding drug related warrant. Explains possible motive and why Moscow Police believe the University of Idaho murders were targeted. pic.twitter.com/vXH2x3wSAd
— Kyle Wendel (@kylewendel) November 26, 2022
There’s no official confirmation on the identity of Xana’s mother and it’s unclear whether Cara’s arrest has any connection with the crime that occurred, but original skepticism surrounding the newly uncovered information gained traction when baseball writer Stacie Wheeler joined the conversation.

Her now-deleted post included a link to previous arrests that were made in 2013, listing Cara Denise Kernodle as being arrested in Rathdrum, Idaho, for driving without privileges.

Many others in the conversation seemed confident that they could confirm this Cara person was Xana’s mother — linking a photo of her with two girls that they believed were Xana and her sister Jazzmin.

Xana’s mother’s identity has not been confirmed, but her father has previously spoken out about his daughter’s death.

While some crime sleuths have criticized Cara online, it is important to remember that Xana's mother is grieving the loss of a child and should not be linked to the crime without evidence.

Xana's father, Jeffrey Kernodle has expressed his frustration with the investigation.
In a conversation with The Independent, Jeffrey Kernodle, Xana’s father, depressed his frustrations with the lack of information coming out of the investigation.

He claimed that the FBI was “not saying anything,” and described the tragedy as “unthinkable.”

“How can you protect some kid? You keep them at home and don’t let him go to college? They’re not gonna stay at home like that,” he said. “So, it’s really mind-boggling. It’s just completely unthinkable and it’s the worst nightmare.”

In a conversation with CBS, he said that she loved to have “fun.”

“She didn’t really worry about the drama and stuff that much. She was never into that. She just liked having fun. Never about materialistic things,” he said.

He claimed that one thing the autopsy showed for certain was her will and her fight to the bitter end.

“Bruises, torn by the knife. She’s a tough kid. Whatever she wanted to do, she could do it,” Kernodle said.

Jeffrey wasn’t able to make it to the candlelight vigil that was held earlier this week and it’s unknown at this point if he will be attending his daughter’s service at the university on Friday.

Ethan Chapin's brother has also spoken highly of Xana.
In a Reddit post, Eric Chapin praised his late brother's girlfriend, describing her kind demeanor during their first meeting when she spent two weeks at his home in July.

"If the 2 weeks we got to meet her represent her and [the] life she lived, the world is missing 2 very amazing people. Two kids in their 20s that are stripped of being great parents if they wanted that, and amazing role models for the next generation."

JSquared

VIP Member
This definitely makes sense. It's just speculation that she hid or slept because no one knows.

My only question with your theory, which isn't specific to your theory, would be if she left her room and went downstairs to B, would she not have noticed blood? The PCA doesn't state anything about whether the person she saw had blood on him BUT you've just stabbed 4 people to death, there's blood on you. Unless he was wearing some kind of overalls/shoe covers which he took off and left at the scene (Xana's room), but that would be very risky for him, then there's no way there wasn't blood on him/his shoes that possibly left a trail on the floor. I totally think it's plausible D messaged B and went to her, I would just question how she didn't see blood in this instance. In some of the photos from the inside of the house, you can even see blood on the cabinets in the kitchen, but perhaps she just didn't look around and had tunnel vision to B's room 🤷‍♀️
she could have messaged in group chat, B was only one who responded so she ran downstairs. It’s dark and her only focus is getting to her friend / to safety. I doubt she looked around enough to notice it

that said, I haven’t seen the pics so not sure how much blood was in the kitchen

NeverEnough

VIP Member
All the internet sleuthing and ring doorbell footage etc makes it so apparent how easy it is to build a convincing but totally circumstantial case. That’s why it’s absolutely essential that there is indisputable proof he was the killer.

so far we have: DNA on knife sheaf, BK matching the description based on his eyebrows and approximate height. BK’s car being out and about during the time of the murders. BK’s phone pinging in the area on 12 occasions beforehand and the next morning. Possible BK sighting at memorial. BK putting bins out with gloves on in neighbours bin.

If I’m BK- I don’t know how my DNA is on the sheaf but I did look at some knives in x shop as part of my research into x cases as part of my PhD studies. Perhaps it’s transfer? I have a fairly indiscriminate look - perhaps the witness was mistaken or under the influence (I think they will assassinate DM’s character) or perhaps the true killer looks similar to me? I went for a drive in the early hours to clear my head as I couldn’t sleep. I confess to having a bit of a crush on one of the girls who lived in the house (Maddie) after meeting her at X (vegan restaurant). I would sometimes give her a lift home. I didn’t kill anyone. I attended the memorial as I knew X and it’s a heinous crime ;I simply wanted to show my respects. I use gloves when taking out the trash for hygiene reasons- I must have mistakenly put the trash in another bin. I’m of good character, have no history of violence or abuse, I have been compliant with the legal process to clear my name, my DNA isn’t at the crime scene - aside from the sheaf which I have explained I may have come into contact with outside of the crime scene.

At the moment I would say his car is the most damning evidence we know about. Everything else could be torn apart with the right defence team- they need DNA at the crime scene IMO for this to be a secure conviction.
Do you think that is all the police actually have?

Ittybittytittyclub

Chatty Member
I read somewhere about the details of the crime scene and how certain things will only come out when he lands in Utah. Read he decapitated one of the students.
I haven’t heard that, mind you I haven’t read any confirmed details about the crimes. But yes things will come out once he has been to the court and been provided with the information himself first.

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
Cos in other cases the murderer may know the families and want to convince them they did not do it. BK may not have known dm and bf and the victims families. It still has to be agreed upon.
Thank you. I didn't know if it was standard practice so thanks for clarifying

candyland_

VIP Member
A YouTuber said Dylan potentially did nothing because after she saw him leave the house fell silent so she didn’t realise anything was drastically wrong but reading that account about Ethan changes things. I don’t know how she wouldn’t have heard that.

Lovenews

Chatty Member
View attachment 1864418
Someone on 4Chan is looking at this profile a lot, I assume it's his?

If it is - interesting that he mentions feeling like a criminal but not having a criminal record
great find. When you google that username it comes up in a board for those that see tv like static or snow in the visual field....is that a symptom of schizophrenia?

JBinstafun

Chatty Member
Yes they are not going to disclose what they have unless they absolutely have too. They will be wanting him to wonder what evidence they have and also keep a lot of it from the internet detectives so the case does no get discredited
My understanding is that they have to disclose their evidence to him/defence team? Agree re: public domain.

Do you think that is all the police actually have?
I think if they had a lot more it wouldn’t have taken 6 weeks to arrest him tbh.