The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Been loosely following this case since the start & one thing I've not seen mentioned is the change in time frame since the affidavit was published. Unless I'm remembering wrong wasn't it published that the murders happened between 3 & 4am? Clearly this wasn't the case so of what benefit is it to advertise an incorrect time? Unless it was another ploy to keep BK on side & think the scent was off him.
I agree why was the public misled about that time but like you said was it to trip BK up. LE said between 3 to 4 am and on all their updates too. There is a youtuber who knows two lawyers and this YouTube stated that she has some problems with that PCA document. But there was only one article and I can't remember were I read it but the time was 3 am to 5 am and also someone on reddit posted that the time from was 3 am to 5 am, I had a screenshot of it and I can't find it now. . Those are the only two places where I saw that. 😢

Reactions: 3
Not sure if it's already been posted, as I'm not following this thread, but there was a 48 Hours (it's a show like Dateline) about the case shown in the USA last night, as they allow all this highly prejudicial material to be discussed before trial and no one seems to wonder why their justice system is so fucked.
I was going to watch it but I saw that Kaylee's was interviewed for it or clips were played in it and I was nope. I understand he lost his daughter but he has been getting on my nerves for the last for minutes. now. I'm sorry. I'm shocked that 48 hours has talked about it so soon and the trial has yet to happened. They also talked to that girl there is a youtuber thinks that girl is just looking for her 15 minutes of fame and I agree. She made some statement and this YouTuber was like yeah they just want to be on tv.

Everyone saying about the apparent lack of screams if D & B heard no screams… if he went straight for the throats there would be next to no sound so it’s not completely unimaginable.
valid point
I also heard that if the murder stabbed them in the lungs in the beginning of stabbing them it would make it hard for them to scream.

She never mentioned the case but has latched onto it heavily in the past couple of days and states she’s going to Moscow for the pre-trial next week.

She has a recording of the TikTok ring sound on her stories currently. A lot is background noise that I can’t make out but I did clearly hear a male shouting ‘Get Off’. If it’s the real recording mentioned in the PCA, then it’s probably Ethan 😢 If it’s not true, i don’t understand why sick fantasists are making up false video recordings for attention.
She said that she will explain why she held off from covering this case. Yes I heard that she would be going to Moscow the status meeting that is coming up next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
But what about if X had taken their rubbish from the food back to the kitchen? She could've bumped into him as he came down the stairs, she was apparently found on the floor not the bed so could've been trying to get back to her room/E when BK caught up to her
That is true but she was found on the floor next to the bed in her room. All of this happened right outside D's room so surely she would have heard more if there had been any kind of altercation there?

Reactions: 1
That is true but she was found on the floor next to the bed in her room. All of this happened right outside D's room so surely she would have heard more if there had been any kind of altercation there?
I thought in the PCA it said that E&X were going in the bathroom

I thought in the PCA it said that E&X were going in the bathroom
The affidavit says that X was on tiktok at 4:12 and then at 4:17 the neighbours security camera picks up whinging and a thud from her room. The camera was apparently 50ft from her room which to me means she was in her room. Also according to the 3D walkthrough of the crime scene, she was found next her to bed on the floor.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
The affidavit says that X was on tiktok at 4:12 and then at 4:17 the neighbours security camera picks up whinging and a thud from her room. The camera was apparently 50ft from her room which to me means she was in her room. Also according to the 3D walkthrough of the crime scene, she was found next her to bed on the floor.
I just went back and read the PCA, you’re right. I think I misread the wording they’d used

I was going to watch it but I saw that Kaylee's was interviewed for it or clips were played in it and I was nope. I understand he lost his daughter but he has been getting on my nerves for the last for minutes. now. I'm sorry. I'm shocked that 48 hours has talked about it so soon and the trial has yet to happened. They also talked to that girl there is a youtuber thinks that girl is just looking for her 15 minutes of fame and I agree. She made some statement and this YouTuber was like yeah they just want to be on tv.

valid point
I also heard that if the murder stabbed them in the lungs in the beginning of stabbing them it would make it hard for them to scream.

She said that she will explain why she held off from covering this case. Yes I heard that she would be going to Moscow the status meeting that is coming up next week.
I found myself feeling that way about Kaylee's dad. Sometime about him does not set right for me but I guess unless we have personally gone thru this we don't know how we would react. He was awful towards LE and frankly it is lucky that some of his moves did not compromise the investigation.

Reactions: 9
I get what you mean about Steve Goncalves but I think he is just trying to advocate for his family. He probably isn’t doing it in the most appropriate or effective way but he’s grieving and probably full of rage and hurt. If I was him I think I would have lunged at Kohberger in the court room.

Reactions: 20
Sounds so awful and I really don't like to say any of this but I don't think 16 minutes is that short of a time. If we sat and did absolutely nothing for 16 full minutes, we would feel it was actually quite a long time. I have seen some instances where one stab was enough to disable and kill a person in a matter of 1-2 minutes.
If he knew what he was doing it shouldn't have taken much time at all.

I believe in always presuming innocence until guilt is proven (thought extremely difficult in this case) but the killer is evil beyond all comprehension for what he has done and in my opinion no punishment could ever be enough.
Yeah I guess, it’s just terrifying that in 16 minutes they lost their lives. Only 16 minutes earlier x was awake on tiktok, life is just so unpredictable :( how much things can change in 20 mins

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I appreciate this is slightly dark humour but, honestly, if you’ve ever given birth without pain relief trust me when I say 16 minutes can be a flamin lifetime 😅

On a serious note; sit yourself down with no distractions and set a timer. It’s a fairly lengthy period.

If your victim isn’t anticipating your attack, and potentially may have been drunk or sleepy, I’d imagine you could easily fatally stab several people in only a few minutes.

Reactions: 14
Steve said he has picked the wrong family - he won’t be quiet until he’s convicted and it’s hard to blame him to be honest. He was worried the case was going to go cold. I think the press are partly to blame for him being so vocal because it’s all a news story for them.

Reactions: 10
I appreciate this is slightly dark humour but, honestly, if you’ve ever given birth without pain relief trust me when I say 16 minutes can be a flamin lifetime 😅
omg ok now you’ve said that I’m like yes ok 16 minutes is a LONG time

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Steve said he has picked the wrong family - he won’t be quiet until he’s convicted and it’s hard to blame him to be honest. He was worried the case was going to go cold. I think the press are partly to blame for him being so vocal because it’s all a news story for them.
I understand his initial worry that the case was going cold, as he may not have been made aware of how the investigation was progressing at the time. But surely now he must realise how much work was going on behind the scenes?

Reactions: 7
I understand his initial worry that the case was going cold, as he may not have been made aware of how the investigation was progressing at the time. But surely now he must realise how much work was going on behind the scenes?
He does and he has publicly stated he was wrong about the police and he’s glad that they proved him wrong which was what he said he wanted.

Another thing to take into account about the speed of the murders and lack of screaming. If they were stabbed it the heart or jugular they would have been unconscious very quickly.

Reactions: 12
So glad to finally find a thread on this. Haven't stopped reading about this case the last few days and people around me haven't heard anything about it! Going to catch up on the thread first then I'll be back

Reactions: 8
So glad to finally find a thread on this. Haven't stopped reading about this case the last few days and people around me haven't heard anything about it! Going to catch up on the thread first then I'll be back
Yeah it’s strange it hasn’t had much press in the UK, I haven’t seen it in the papers or anything

Reactions: 10
Like a few others have said, 16 minutes really isn’t a long time at all.

If you sat down on your sofa now and set a 16 minute timer, it would feel pretty slow. I could probably walk around my house about 9 times in that time if I was strolling. But then I’ve never murdered anyone so I have no idea how long it would take 🤷🏽‍♀️

I don’t even know what to think about this case atm, all those audios spooked me last night but I don’t think any of them are real, just need to wait til LE confirm anything I guess.

To his credit he has apologized. I think DM is going to have the worst fall out from this until more is known about what she was doing all those hours. I am sure she is going thru hell....when autopsies come out I assume they will know more exactly how long each lived after the wounds were inflicted. I find it difficult to this they all died instantly which means a call hours earlier could have made a difference?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.