The Michalaks #4 Claiming sobriety,what were they thinking?It’s not semantics when they’re still drinking

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think they just need to change jobs if it’s not working! Imagine them working a 9-5 though haha not gonna happen!

Reactions: 5
I just came across Stefs Instagram post from Feb 7 - "And I kinda get it, I do believe men need self sovereignty, discipline and pain." What the duck is this man on about?

• Haha
I don’t think he even knows - just regurgitating knowledge from other sources and making no sense at all!

I bet their house will be worth a lot. Wonder if their rubbish reno choices will affect the valuation though. This isn’t a good time to sell.

Reactions: 3
Can’t ‘survive’ in the UK? They’re not surviving, they have more money and privileges than 99% of the population! What they want is to make loads of money without having to work, and they think that they are so special that they deserve this despite being allergic to full time employment. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love an easy life with loads of money, but I live in the real world!

I don’t know how they have the cheek to post the things they do.

Reactions: 15
So they don’t want to sell up they want to rent it out for a year to go to Portugal but can’t because the rent wouldn’t cover all their costs plus cover Portugal rent!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Why did he say seek up and sell all their stuff and now say it was to rent their house out for a year? Makes no sense. You would put a lot of stuff in storage and then decide after a year f you wanted to sell it. He’s talking hollocks I think, just trying to drum up interest again. Nobody is interested in them anymore.

One of their biggest mistakes was renting the £4k a month house........At the time, it seems that they were trying to compete with the Saccone Joly's who had bought a property at £1.6 million. I think it was also during the time that Zoe Sugg bought her house (around summer of 2017).....the Michalak's were trying to compete with other youtubers who had million's of subscribers......and I think they had 140k subs at the time

Reactions: 8
And buying their first house to the tune of 825k then spending close to 80/100k on renovations. Their kitchen alone is all handmade bespoke.

Reactions: 7
They could have bought a much more modest house and had a smaller mortgage. But for Hannah it had to be the big Bath stone period house, rather than a 1960s semi.
Lol at them in London moaning priced out of market only to buy huge house, and rent a large attractive home while (largely unnecessarily) renovating it (I liked the original kitchen more!).
Now they moan priced out of lolling about doing as little as possible and can't move to Portugal.
What do they even do all day long while both kids at school??

Reactions: 10
Completely agree. ‘Content creators’ but without actually sharing any content?! Hannah always puts up she’s been so busy editing a tonne of videos but then never posts to any of her social media platforms.
I can’t understand how they actually think they are going to make any money from glowstate. Just seems to be a series of badly spelt inspirational (or not) quotes. It’s really not groundbreaking stuff. Seems to be they were pinning a lot on it but the reality is people just aren’t buying into it hence the sulky talks of quitting the UK cos it’s crap not taking any of the responsibility themselves for their poor choices.

• Heart
They could have bought a much more modest house and had a smaller mortgage. But for Hannah it had to be the big Bath stone period house, rather than a 1960s semi.
Lol at them in London moaning priced out of market only to buy huge house, and rent a large attractive home while (largely unnecessarily) renovating it (I liked the original kitchen more!).
Now they moan priced out of lolling about doing as little as possible and can't move to Portugal.
What do they even do all day long while both kids at school??
Completely agree. ‘Content creators’ but without actually sharing any content?! Hannah always puts up she’s been so busy editing a tonne of videos but then never posts to any of her social media platforms.
I can’t understand how they actually think they are going to make any money from glowstate. Just seems to be a series of badly spelt inspirational (or not) quotes. It’s really not groundbreaking stuff. Seems to be they were pinning a lot on it but the reality is people just aren’t buying into it hence the sulky talks of quitting the UK cos it’s crap not taking any of the responsibility themselves for their poor choices.
Stef used to make fun of the decals that were once popular : 'live life love'........and then he produced 'Love Over Gold' prints.....(reminds me of a Dire Strait's album)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Stef used to make fun of the decals that were once popular : 'live life love'........and then he produced 'Love Over Gold' prints.....(reminds me of a Dire Strait's album)
I had one of those 🤣gave it to a charity shop🤣! I think they have a huge mortgage and overspent by a lot on the Reno that didn’t need doing!

Reactions: 3
Her life could be so much easier, she didn’t have to create dozens of instagram accounts and websites, she could just simply do days in life raw vloggs, be consistent and live out of that… As many of you said no one is interested in Stef, his opinions, not even her kids, we all loved her laidback style while vlogging and she could do and earn so much without giving much effort. She could work on herself and pursue her interest in yoga but she didn’t had to think about money. I can’t believe her husband is the one to blame, to destroy something so important, their main source of income…

I think Hannah’s channel and insta would have done really well if they utilised his expertise in filming and editing and he’d remained more behind the camera. A bit like Anna edit and her husband Mark.

You can tell Stef just has or at least had an ego that needed more than a behind the scenes role. He totally sank Hannah’s little ship there! I’m sure she was happy to let him take over so not solely him to blame I guess.

I dunno, would Hannah raw day in the life vlogs have got a little dull by now? I mean, does she do anything but dog walk, drink coffee, workout and go to buy sourdough on a Friday? Week after week of that would soon wear thin. I grew tired of her vlogs as they were obsessed about going to nice places for the sole purpose of filming, then moaning it wasn't like they anticipated. Then came the silky montages and monologues by steff, and he used to get loads of fawning praise for these in the comments. I think it all went to his head and he thought he was going to be the next super cool director and be discovered. Except he wasn't, the monologues got dull, the vlogs over styled, and now he's a middle aged cliché.

I think Hannah’s channel and insta would have done really well if they utilised his expertise in filming and editing and he’d remained more behind the camera. A bit like Anna edit and her husband Mark.

You can tell Stef just has or at least had an ego that needed more than a behind the scenes role. He totally sank Hannah’s little ship there! I’m sure she was happy to let him take over so not solely him to blame I guess.
Yes, I think it’s really 50/50 with them. Stef puts in the work with editing and stuff, Hannah always struck me as moody. The pair of them seem very depressing to be around. Hannah is as much to blame. Trouble is there are so many influencers out there now, I’m not sure anyone is that interested in her even if she did try and do basic vlogs again. I hate the fact he’s constantly trying to put the kids voiceovers in or them selling stuff.

Their Glowstate IG account has 0 - 3 comments on each post 😂 .....not exactly going viral is it? If only 3 people are commenting, imagine the sales of their coffee when it's released. I hope they haven't invested a lot of money!!!

Reactions: 4