The Michalaks #3 Stef is still a pretend hipster twit whilst flogging Ali Express tat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah man I feel super bad for her. Scammers are absolute scumbags.

Wouldn't fancy being in the Michalak household right now.

Reactions: 1
Ah man I feel super bad for her. Scammers are absolute scumbags.

Wouldn't fancy being in the Michalak household right now.
Me too. I think they were a least somewhat stressed about money without this. Plus, the sentimental factor would be huge.

Reactions: 2
I’m sure they’ll get it back.
stef has a very weird approach to problem solving - always records everything and overshares. You can hear her crying in the background of his stories and he’s just like, “sorry she’s really upset” and completely ignores her. Weird!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
You just know he’s had a big go at her for being stupid and clicking the link.
yeah this is backed up by the fact he actually says in the story “I mean it’s her fault because she clicked a dodgy link” ….if I was sat there crying, I don’t think I’d want my husband to be telling thousands of followers that it’s all my own fault

Reactions: 14
You just know he’s had a big go at her for being stupid and clicking the link.
He said in his story '..yes it's her fault for clicking on a dodgy link' 😕

This tit can happen to anyone, you just have to be unlucky enough to not be fully paying attention at the time or whatever.

Reactions: 1
Ffs!! Poor Hannah, I feel so bad for her, you can hear her sobbing, I just want to give her a hug! Scammers succeed because they make it look authentic. Hopefully she gets it back.

Reactions: 5
If they go through the correct channels, it can take months to get her account back. I know someone who had her account stole back in May and she got it back two or three weeks ago. She has quite a large following too. It's probably a good job they haven't moved abroad as they will have to live on savings whilst IG/Meta investigate. I would not send any money to hackers as they'll just empty their bank accounts
---
Ffs!! Poor Hannah, I feel so bad for her, you can hear her sobbing, I just want to give her a hug! Scammers succeed because they make it look authentic. Hopefully she gets it back.
They do but - this is the official way : Tap in the top right, then tap Settings and privacy. Below For professionals, tap Account type and tools. Tap Request verification. Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID or official business documents).

Reactions: 2
It's a really unsafe platform to rely on for an income
---
I can’t believe people still fall for this without checking it out first 🤦🏻‍♀️
I have dodgy messages on IG but, they go to my 'requests' - I have a quick glance then block them all 😂
---
Wow - she might never get it back :

If you’ve had your Instagram hacked, it is possible to get it back, but you need to move fast so that the hacker can’t compromise your account further. If you act quickly, you might be able to kick out the hacker while they’re in your account—and, more crucially, before they’ve changed your personal data, deleted your photos, or posted to your profile. That way you can save yourself the trouble of having to recover your Instagram account through a Meta support request.

JOIN NOW
Take your project photography to the next level with the Grow Your Business Workshop on October 3rd.
undefined.jpg

But if the hacker has already gone beyond logging in and has changed your account details like your password, email, and phone number, profile recovery becomes a lot more difficult. Depending on how much damage they’ve done, Instagram may be able to help you recover your account. But brace yourself: If your account has been deleted by a hacker, there might be nothing the Instagram support team can do to recover your account.

How do you regain access to a hacked Instagram account?
The answer depends on whether or not the hacker has changed only your Instagram password, or your Instagram password and contact info. Here’s how you can attempt to recover your Instagram account as soon as possible.

My password doesn’t work—what do I do?
Hitting a brick wall at the login screen? Don’t panic yet. If you’ve found that your password no longer works, simply follow the steps for setting a new one, as prompted by the login page on the Instagram app. Hopefully, the login link will be sent to your email account or phone number, and you can use a security code to log back in to your account and change your password. This would be the best case scenario, as you can solve the problem yourself without having to contact Instagram customer service. (That said, it’s not a bad idea to contact them anyway and let them know that your Instagram account has been hacked—the company may point out some helpful security tips to keep your account safe in the future.)

I didn’t get a password reset email to change my login credentials. Now what?
This is where things get tricky. If you’re locked out of your social media account and you don’t receive a password reset link when you request one via the “forgot password” button, a hacker might have changed your email and phone number. Most hackers do this immediately so they can keep control of your account for themselves. They may even hold your Instagram account for ransom and request bitcoin or other plunder for you to get it back. If that’s the case, you’ll need to report the activity to Instagram by following the step-by-step instructions here. They will ask you to verify your identity in various ways, such as taking a video selfie to prove you are who you say you are. This process likely won’t give you immediate access; it could take days or even weeks to recover your Instagram account.

There is a new way to get fast, direct access to support—but you have to be willing to pay for it. Meta has rolled out Meta Verified, a subscription plan that provides both Instagram and Facebook accounts with premium features. Yes, that includes the infamous social media blue check, but it also includes specialized support, identity theft monitoring among them. Right now, Meta Verified is only available for individual accounts, not business accounts, but we wouldn’t be surprised if Meta expands the program in the future. Right now, Meta Verified costs between $11.99 and $14.99 per month, depending on the plan you choose—both include specialized support.

What should you do if you suspect someone is trying to hack your Instagram?
There are a few red flags that may indicate that someone may be trying to hack your Instagram account (or already has). Three key ones: receiving a changed-password email from Instagram that you didn’t trigger yourself, receiving an unprompted email-change request from [email protected], and seeing posts you didn’t make. Here’s how to get help.

What to do if Instagram noticed suspicious activity on your account
If someone attempts to reset your password, Instagram will send you an email informing you of the change. “I take immediate action as soon as I get a notification or email from Instagram letting me know there was suspicious activity on any of the accounts I manage,” Matthew Krull says.

Last edited:
He's such a dick, "It wouldn't have fooled me" , was that really necessary?!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
If they go through the correct channels, it can take months to get her account back. I know someone who had her account stole back in May and she got it back two or three weeks ago. She has quite a large following too. It's probably a good job they haven't moved abroad as they will have to live on savings whilst IG/Meta investigate. I would not send any money to hackers as they'll just empty their bank accounts
---

They do but - this is the official way : Tap in the top right, then tap Settings and privacy. Below For professionals, tap Account type and tools. Tap Request verification. Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID or official business documents).
True, he’s just a dick and I expect moaned t her. Still they have Jess at Facebook on the case……

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Damn, the way he says it wouldn't have fooled him, but obviously it fooled Hannah.. he really thinks he's soooo much better than her and he's not even shy about it

Reactions: 9
Damn, the way he says it wouldn't have fooled him, but obviously it fooled Hannah.. he really thinks he's soooo much better than her and he's not even shy about it
Ironic that without her he’d have absolutely no place on SM at all. Nobody is or ever has been interested in him!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Didn’t…didn’t he just wreck his own campervan? No excusing that very recent stupidity of his

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I have very little sympathy for Hannah. She earns her living for “who the fucj knows” but Steph is such a bleep with the “I wouldn’t fall for it but can see why Hannah did” that I want to drop kick the ducker.
How DARE he say that about someone he loves who is probably really NOT ok right now.
Like I said, such little sympathy, but there is a touch for how her husband treats her. I hope that says a lot.

Reactions: 6
It's like when Roo was next to him crying in the van all over again, no empathy. What a dick.
Surprised Hannah's not verified already, guess she didn't want to cough up the money? But this is her business and if it gives you better support, security, potentially more boosts from Meta, why wouldn't you? I don't think the Michalaks are very savvy are they?!

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.