The Masked Singer UK #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would love Phoenix to be Jason Donovan! In fact, I want a whole series just with 80s stars.

When Katherine Ryan did her unmasked performance, I like how quickly she gave up the fake accent and just started living out her popstar fantasy!

Reactions: 5
Omg phoenix being Jason Donovan is a great shout!
Its defo not Jason Donovan. Phoenix can sing in tune!!!

Anyone who's seen Jason in the musicals he does these days (me) know that his singing days are long behind him.

Reactions: 1
Its fun to guess, I like the way so many viewers do guess correctly in advance! At the moment almost half of the remaining singers seems to have a consensus as to who they are!
It was fun to see Katherine Ryan..and be totally surprised,..she looked like she had great fun....and its nice to see her doing something so ridiculous and not glammed up!!

Trouble is.....I should imagine if the singer is guessed too soon, then they are likely to be voted off the next week! And I would imagine we are going to get a mix of American and UK singers, and a diverse mix as well, so for instance surely we cant have all the singers being white?

At the moment I think :
Knitting is guessed
Jellyfish is guessed
Rhino is guessed

Who else is there
Otter
Phoenix
Faun
Jacket potato

I wonder who will win? I'd like Rhino to win.

As the UK winners so far have all been female, I expect Rhino to be chosen as the winner. It's all pre-planned/scripted, am I right? I've always thought that the eliminations are not truly reflective of the apparent studio audience vote (all for show) but are based on the each celebrity's length of availability.

Reactions: 5
I saw him in May..
Did you think he was a good singer???

I've seen him in Annie Get Your Gun, The Sound of Music, Priscilla Queen of the Desert and Million Dollar Quartet.

He was varied from passable - Priscilla to God awful - Annie Get Your Gun.

I still think Phoenix is David Tennant as Phoenix’s mannerisms are very David! When Davina said 'actor' his head whipped around! Also, she used to present Comic Relief with David, so knows him. There’s a clip of him dancing while presenting with Davina and it seemed to be a similar style dance to how Phoenix moves his legs when dancing! Also Phoenix seems tall and David is around 6ft where as Ricky Wilson is about 5ft 8!

Reactions: 6
I can confirm Ricky Wilson isn't very tall. I saw him coming out of Liverpool Marks & Spencers on the day of a Kaiser Chiefs gig a very long time ago. This was before he was all slim and groomed and TV-tastic.

Phoenix sounds like Rick Astley, but none of the clues support this theory.

Reactions: 4
I’m going to be very surprised if it’s not Ricky W. Also will be gobsmacked if it’s not Charlie, Claire, Amber and Daisy.
Jacket Potato and Fawn I don’t have any idea so I’m going Richie and Natalie seeing as that’s what everyone else thinks 🤣

Reactions: 2
With a lot of help from here and Twitter, for the first time since I've been watching TMS, I think I pretty much know who they all are at this stage. Usually, there's 1 or 2 I'm not sure about until the semi-final but -

Phoenix - Ricky Wilson (Kaiserchiefs)
Rhino - Charlie Simpson (Busted/Fightstar)
Jellyfish - Amber Riley (Glee)
Knitting - Claire Richards (Steps)
Fawn - Natalie Appleton (All Saints)
Otter - Daisy May Cooper
Potato - Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi)

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be swayed from these guesses now!

Reactions: 7
With a lot of help from here and Twitter, for the first time since I've been watching TMS, I think I pretty much know who they all are at this stage. Usually, there's 1 or 2 I'm not sure about until the semi-final but -

Phoenix - Ricky Wilson (Kaiserchiefs)
Rhino - Charlie Simpson (Busted/Fightstar)
Jellyfish - Amber Riley (Glee)
Knitting - Claire Richards (Steps)
Fawn - Natalie Appleton (All Saints)
Otter - Daisy May Cooper
Potato - Richie Sambora (Bon Jovi)

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but I don't think I will be swayed from these guesses now!
I think you're right! I've see the same on TikTok.

Every series, there's a character that drives me insane! This year is Phoenix, I literally can't rest until I know who it is, please tell me I'm not the only one that obsesses this way?!

What makes you sure of it? I know nothing about Emma Barton so couldn’t tell of any of the clues fit with her.
It sounds like her and her mannerisms are definitely the same, and there was some clues about a picnic talking about sweet things like jam (basically mentioned everything but honey) and there was something about having five sugars in her tea... Other things have popped up that I've forgotten. She has a very stagey voice and Emma has been in Chicago and other musicals... But as someone's said above, would BBC let her do an ITV show? Possibly not...

Every series, there's a character that drives me insane! This year is Phoenix, I literally can't rest until I know who it is, please tell me I'm not the only one that obsesses this way?!
You're not alone! It was Pigeon for me this time and Firework the previous year.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.