The Masked Singer UK #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Phoenix had lots of clues relating to Strictly, including a ball rolling across a room. It's either Craig Revel Horwood or Anton du Beke.

CRH was on The Masked Dancer a couple of years back so it won’t be him. (I don’t think it’s Anton either, though - his singing just sounds exactly like him talking, and he’s a pretty average singer)

The Strictly clues were so heavy-handed they’re probably red herrings - they had some X Factor & Apprentice clues too so I think they try to muddy the waters to try to stir up confusion and build a bit of tension

---

Shall I drop the big fat spoilery video that definitely proves who Phoenix is (and isn't!)?

Edit: ta!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
CRH was on The Masked Dancer a couple of years back so it won’t be him. (I don’t think it’s Anton either, though - his singing just sounds exactly like him talking, and he’s a pretty average singer)

The Strictly clues were so heavy-handed they’re probably red herrings - they had some X Factor & Apprentice clues too so I think they try to muddy the waters to try to stir up confusion and build a bit of tension
If people can do multiple versions of the singing version then I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t do the masked dancer and this. I don’t think phoenix is Craig though

If people can do multiple versions of the singing version then I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t do the masked dancer and this. I don’t think phoenix is Craig though
People do multiple versions in different countries though - it would look pretty desperate if ITV re-cast the same C-lister a year after they’ve been on the other version.

Reactions: 3
I love Amber and I don’t think we’ve heard the best of what she can do yet. I want her to have a moment like this
I was in the audience when she performed this. Honestly, she was mind blowing. I had head to toe goosebumps. I saw her in Dreamgirls a month or so later and she was just.... incredible. Everytime I re-watch this I get goosebumps just like the first time! If she is Jellyfish - she's holding back!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I was in the audience when she performed this. Honestly, she was mind blowing. I had head to toe goosebumps. I saw her in Dreamgirls a month or so later and she was just.... incredible. Everytime I re-watch this I get goosebumps just like the first time! If she is Jellyfish - she's holding back!
She is holding back. I want to hear her belt something out. I saw her in Dreamgirls too. Sitting front row hearing her sing And I am tell you is a moment I will never forget.
Her performance on Glee of that song when they’re all cheering for me gives me goosebumps

Last edited:
Oh wow! Front row! :love: We were further back and we were blown away and sobbing our hearts out by the time she'd finished! To experience that in the front row must have been something else!

I'm waiting for her to belt something out too. If I get goosebumps on my face - it's definitely her. Only two singers have been able to give me goosebumps like that! Amber Riley and Floor Jansen.

The song was a clue as well though. CRH was in the original video for I'm Still Standing.

"Standing" did give me a horrible thought that it might be Matt Hancock, but you'd recognise his horrible nasal honk anywhere and I suspect he can't sing at all. He can't do anything else so singing shouldn't be any different.

• Haha
The song was a clue as well though. CRH was in the original video for I'm Still Standing.

"Standing" did give me a horrible thought that it might be Matt Hancock, but you'd recognise his horrible nasal honk anywhere and I suspect he can't sing at all. He can't do anything else so singing shouldn't be any different.
I knew Bruno was in that video. I didn’t know Craig was?
Someone on twitter said Ricky toured with a broken foot before

Reactions: 2
CRH can definitely sing. He’s been in a load of musicals and someone I know saw him in Strictly Ballroom and said he was great. But I don’t hear him or Ricky Wilson 🙈

Still not over it being Katherine Ryan as Pigeon. After hearing Joel on Chris Evans show Friday and he confirmed filming took place November and knowing KR gave birth in December I thought that it was not possible! But she was definitely lip synching which I guess she had to being 8 months pregnant!!
Thankfully she lives extremely close to the studio so if anything had happened (eg the baby decided to come early or whatever, to get away from the bloody awful singing most probably!) then she was literally just a few minutes drive away from home.

I wouldn't fancy doing that at 8 months preggers but she was obviously up for making a tit of herself so it’s actually a pretty convenient gig! 😆

Reactions: 5
Just catching up on the show now, and not read all of the last thread so maybe repeating others.

I’m certain Fawn is Kym Marsh. I think the A.L clue is a tribute to her son Archie Lomas who was born 18 weeks early.
My partner thinks Jellyfish is Jamelia based on her voice

ETA: according to Wikipedia, Kym done 98 episodes of Morning Live

• Haha
Just catching up on the show now, and not read all of the last thread so maybe repeating others.

I’m certain Fawn is Kym Marsh. I think the A.L clue is a tribute to her son Archie Lomas who was born 18 weeks early.
My partner thinks Jellyfish is Jamelia based on her voice

ETA: according to Wikipedia, Kym done 98 episodes of Morning Live
Kym was in Strictly and filming Waterloo Road when they filmed this so very unlikely

Reactions: 5
Was there a different video to the one that Bruno is in? Bruno is all over the official video for ‘I'm Still Standing’ (in varying degrees of skimpy costume) but I don’t remember seeing a video for it with Craig in it.

Just watching Saturdays. There’s no way I would have got Katherine Ryan, huge kudos to those who guessed her!

Did anyone who guessed Katherine Ryan get the roast battle clue?
Who is going to think “oh yeah, a carrot, now cauliflower, now mint sauce” A roast dinner= roast battle

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Was there a different video to the one that Bruno is in? Bruno is all over the official video for ‘I'm Still Standing’ (in varying degrees of skimpy costume) but I don’t remember seeing a video for it with Craig in it.
Me neither - have only seen Bruno in it 🤷‍♀️ I did have a wobble on Saturday with the song wondering if it was Bruno but then realised he sounded too good to be Bruno 🙈

And Katherine Ryan was twerking in last week's episode which is very impressive at 8 months pregnant 😲

Me neither - have only seen Bruno in it 🤷‍♀️ I did have a wobble on Saturday with the song wondering if it was Bruno but then realised he sounded too good to be Bruno 🙈
Plus Bruno was Pearly King in TMD in Autumn 2022, so it’s very unlikely he’d be cast in TMS a couple of months later. I know there’s a bit of barrel scraping going on, but that would be rather tragic.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.