The Ingham Family #270 Sarah Ingham - making a house a home bargains

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Out of curiosity I just searched van life and Arctic Circle and no way they are going/and or prepared for a trip like that. I’m calling BS
This particular person had so many insulated items covering windows, blocking out cabin from back space covering the radiator from the outside because the cold was killing the engine
I don’t believe for a minute they are going full Arctic Circle
He had so many cool gadgets monitoring every aspect of his conversion
Pull the other one Ingram’s
Totally agree with you I think they are blatantly lying
It will be something like going ‘near’ the artic circle

Reactions: 19
Isla needs the top jaw widened. I had this and they put something in my top mouth and it widens the jaw, but it can only work to a certain age before it won't move. Then as the teeth straighten out the two protruding ones at the front will align nicely, but it would mean wearing retainer for life. It's a small price to pay for nice teeth.
I had braces when I was younger and I didn't wear my retainer, I'm now near 40 and currently have aligners which I had to pay for. Why are they giving the girls aligners when they can have their teeth done on the NHS? Too look like they have money? Aligners you have to wear minimum 22 hours a day for them to work
I’m not sticking up for them , but to be fair the current NHS waiting list for Braces is about 3 years long due to so many waiting AND the impact of Covid ! My 14 Yr old is in the middle of treatment , luckily she skipped the list due to needing a different kind of brace to begin with that not many kids tend to need and so she didn’t have to wait that long ! My Daughter has protruding front teeth, they wouldn’t touch her until ALL her baby teeth fell out and so she started treatment when she was 13. So it doesn’t surprise me that Isla doesn’t have braces yet. If they go the NHS route with her , she could be 14-15 before she gets one !!
Wearing braces of any type require a high level of hygiene though, taking time to clean the teeth properly around the braces or with removable braces, taking them out and cleaning them regularly. Also not snacking between meals and not drinking fizzy drinks regularly, avoiding many sorts of sticky sweets . I can’t see how they’re gonna manage that with their diet !!!
Not all kids qualify for NHS brace treatment either, it’s all done on a points system as to whether you qualify or not, so maybe Isabelle and Esme don’t qualify ?? Who knows. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
I will put money on them going to the Ikea museum , think there may be an Ikea Hotel there too ! Also nowhere near the arctic circle 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I reckon it will be to that sign that says artic circle if they make it that far lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It is proven that children thrive on consistency. The youngest 2 have never had that, Mila spent most of her 1st year in a van. Exactly how will they have Wi-Fi connection for school lessons and Vlog uploads. The viewing numbers show the Ifam don’t watch the travel vlogs. Isabelle looks visibly unhappy, it may be the dream of Chris and Sarah to travel but the girls have no routine and it must be extremely boring shut in a van. Teenagers love independence not stuck with their parents and siblings 24/7.

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Did they ever do a video where they show the full layout of the interior of the van? I just can’t get my head round how they are all fitting in there, let alone living and having some quality of life.

Reactions: 21
Then did you hear him the other day? He admitted he lives off full fat coke and redbull to keep him awake, that's why his tooth had so much decay on it. Who the hell drinks that crap constantly? Go to bed at a normal time and take a leaf out of your best friend's book, the Radfords, if you are so set for life, pay someone to edit your vlogs.
K so I've seen this about "full fat coke" a couple times and I'm confused. Isn't coke fat free? Do you guys have a different formulation? Or is it just meant to be full sugar coke (which will make you fat if consumed in excess)?

I'm not trying to be a d!ck with this question, btw, I'm genuinely confused lol
---

So, I've been doing a wee bit of googling to reconfirm to myself how absolutely batshitbonkers this trip is, especially with young kids. Apparently (according to someone who lives where the northern lights are visible and has written many articles about visiting) you need good base layers, thermal trousers underneath regular trousers but if possible snow trousers (with base underneath) are better that jeans ect.
Wool layers for the top of you body, in multiples, not just Tesco £4 value fleece zip tops, or twit and me snuddies. Cashmere sweaters are supposedly best and there's not a rats ass chance in hell Sarah owns a single cashmere item never mind the l D's.
Wool socks, a decent hat and gloves (again, not B&M specials.
Good boots, not Uggs, they recommended Sorell boots, I actually have the ones the author has, Joan of Arctic, and that's only for nipping to the shops here in Scotland when it's cold or snowing.
This is where I'm losing it with them. I took care of my godkiddos this morning because their parents had to work early, got them ready for school and whatnot. It's about 12°F/-11°C so pretty cold. To go to school, where they'd be inside most of the day, they put on thermal underwear, leggings, jeans, a long sleeve shirt, a tshirt, a fleece zip up hoodie, and double socks. Plus snow pants, snow boots, parkas, gloves/mittens, scarves, and hats. And they're spending the day in a decently heated school! But it is too damn cold and they are freaking little!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I don't know what the current temps are like where they are supposedly heading, but last night i was recommended a video by a young guy who has a fantastic van conversion, and lives in it full time. The first one i watched was of him spending the night in -40°f in the Rockies. His van is fully insulated, and even with the heater, the inside temperature got down to 10°f. He made a cocoon out of heat reflective panels around his bed to keep himself warm. His water pump and pipes were frozen, so no running water either. This is a young single guy who is free to push the limits and experience that if he wants, but these two have five kids between them. It's almost like they push the limits with those kids (especially the youngest) because they want something bad to happen...

• Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m not sticking up for them , but to be fair the current NHS waiting list for Braces is about 3 years long due to so many waiting AND the impact of Covid ! My 14 Yr old is in the middle of treatment , luckily she skipped the list due to needing a different kind of brace to begin with that not many kids tend to need and so she didn’t have to wait that long ! My Daughter has protruding front teeth, they wouldn’t touch her until ALL her baby teeth fell out and so she started treatment when she was 13. So it doesn’t surprise me that Isla doesn’t have braces yet. If they go the NHS route with her , she could be 14-15 before she gets one !!

Wearing braces of any type require a high level of hygiene though, taking time to clean the teeth properly around the braces or with removable braces, taking them out and cleaning them regularly. Also not snacking between meals and not drinking fizzy drinks regularly, avoiding many sorts of sticky sweets . I can’t see how they’re gonna manage that with their diet !!!

Not all kids qualify for NHS brace treatment either, it’s all done on a points system as to whether you qualify or not, so maybe Isabelle and Esme don’t qualify ?? Who knows. 
I fully agree with you. I was on the waiting list from 12 and finally got my brace at 19. I was still on eligible at 19 because of the length of time I was on the list I was still a minor. Regrettably I didn't wear retainer and it cost me. I just think they need Isla on the list now rather than later given how long the list is. As for baby teeth, they do take them out if needed for braces as they did for mine and I still had to wait few more years for the brace to be fitted

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Do you think visiting the Arctic Circle will be like when they went to see the Colosseum in Rome. You know drive round it a few times decide they can’t get a parking space and leave 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
They're probably just going yo Switzerland for a ride on the Glacier train 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
They're probably just going yo Switzerland for a ride on the Glacier train 😂
Mrs Meldrum got a ride on the pistebasher with the local mayor when she was on a gifted trip to Switzerland 😂 surely they canna beat that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Wow you guys are all so cynical, I think this family will really enjoy all the Arctic circle has to offer.

index.png

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.