The Ingham Family #237 Its official! The Inghams talk poop!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tattlers I have given birth to our youngest tattler and have missed so much from having to leave my mums basement for the event, anyone care to give a rundown of the last week or so? The threads have moved quickly so I know there must be something but despite lazy saying we have so much time on our hands I can’t seem to find the time to read it!
Congratulations x

Reactions: 9
So I heard about the recent mingham drama going on with this whole dance show thing, and as someone who spent their teens/early twenties helping out and teaching kids at a dance school I thought I'd weigh in on this conversation.

Firstly, that dance school isn't what id call a 'serious one' i.e kids go there to have a bit of fun, see their friends, take the occasional exam and do a show - its not like the one I used to work at where kids would be doing classes 6 days a week from a very early age to prepare them to go on and do dance professionally. Most kids probably go there as a hobby, they aren't going to be the 'OMG ABSOLUTE PERFECTION LET ME SIGN YOU UP TO THE ROYAL BALLET' kind of dancers, and so not everyone's kid is going to be absolutely perfect but that doesn't give Noncey McNonce Face a right to say how amazing Esme and Isla were compared to everyone else. Its just a bit of fun, who cares if every single child wasn't smiling all the time? They're kids at the end of the day and all that matters is that they're having a good time. Some of those kids were probably doing their first show and some absolute tool had to come along and ruin it for them and imply they weren't very good - you shouldn't knock a kid's confidence like that!

Secondly - safeguarding policies in dance schools in INSANELY tight given the number of kids involved in a business like a dance school (trust me I used to have to sit and go through this every single year and make any amendments). Considering how well known the accusations of Chris being a sexual groomer are - this would certainly rank as high risk . If they had any common sense (and were following safeguarding procedure) they should have him nowhere near the vicinity of the dance school, regardless of his famous words that he is NOT a nonce.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
So I heard about the recent mingham drama going on with this whole dance show thing, and as someone who spent their teens/early twenties helping out and teaching kids at a dance school I thought I'd weigh in on this conversation.

Firstly, that dance school isn't what id call a 'serious one' i.e kids go there to have a bit of fun, see their friends, take the occasional exam and do a show - its not like the one I used to work at where kids would be doing classes 6 days a week from a very early age to prepare them to go on and do dance professionally. Most kids probably go there as a hobby, they aren't going to be the 'OMG ABSOLUTE PERFECTION LET ME SIGN YOU UP TO THE ROYAL BALLET' kind of dancers, and so not everyone's kid is going to be absolutely perfect but that doesn't give Noncey McNonce Face a right to say how amazing Esme and Isla were compared to everyone else. Its just a bit of fun, who cares if every single child wasn't smiling all the time? They're kids at the end of the day and all that matters is that they're having a good time. Some of those kids were probably doing their first show and some absolute tool had to come along and ruin it for them and imply they weren't very good - you shouldn't knock a kid's confidence like that!

Secondly - safeguarding policies in dance schools in INSANELY tight given the number of kids involved in a business like a dance school (trust me I used to have to sit and go through this every single year and make any amendments). Considering how well known the accusations of Chris being a sexual groomer are - this would certainly rank as high risk . If they had any common sense (and were following safeguarding procedure) they should have him nowhere near the vicinity of the dance school, regardless of his famous words that he is NOT a ponce.

Out of interest, under what safeguarding policy would this fall under? Is there anything specific in there about parents of dancers to be considered? He's not been charged with anything but has been accused. Really awkward for the dance school

Reactions: 17
So another day off how many is that so far in the last to weeks one job to do and they can’t do that right 😂😂 I might phone work tomorrow and say I’m
Not coming in cause I’m going away but I can’t tell you were or when I be back it all too secret I could imagine what’s my boss would have to say about fhat 😡 Its called haveing a proper job lazy creepy that think called work that normal foke have to do

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Out of interest, under what safeguarding policy would this fall under? Is there anything specific in there about parents of dancers to be considered? He's not been charged with anything but has been accused. Really awkward for the dance school
So most policy is geared towards staff who work there given the close contact between them, however there are more general clauses within a number of policies which mention 'any other persons' which constitute parents, carers, guardians, other family members/friends, or even any member of the public.
So a couple of policies I seem to recall we had were:

1) maintaining an environment where children feel secure (obviously an alleged sexual groomer violates this if he is present around other children, even if he is just dropping off/picking up. If any older children or parents google him and see all these articles, any one of them could express they're uncomfortable with him being around the school which would violate this, even though he hasn't been charged there is still a risk to consider in case he is ever found guilty)

2) Taking steps to prevent any staff, persons working for the company, or any other persons/member of the public putting any child in a situation which compromises their health and safety (again similar reasons as above concerning safety and security of children)

3) Taking steps to prevent any staff, persons working for the company, or any other persons/member of the public from physically, emotionally or sexually abusing any child (this is more specific in terms of sexual conduct, and so again even just an accusation of being a sexual groomer would violate this as an accusation still maintains a risk)

Every dance school has their own set of policies, but they tend to all follow along the same line in terms of safety, security and well-being of children, and obviously instances like accusations make things a bit more tricky when there is no charge, but given the amount of fuss its been given the school will have to do something about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So most policy is geared towards staff who work there given the close contact between them, however there are more general clauses within a number of policies which mention 'any other persons' which constitute parents, carers, guardians, other family members/friends, or even any member of the public.

1) maintaining an environment where children feel secure (obviously an alleged sexual groomer violates this if he is present around other children, even if he is just dropping off/picking up. If any older children or parents google him and see all these articles, any one of them could express they're uncomfortable with him being around the school which would violate this, even though he hasn't been charged there is still a risk to consider in case he is ever found guilty)

2) Taking steps to prevent any staff, persons working for the company, or any other persons/member of the public putting any child in a situation which compromises their health and safety (again similar reasons as above concerning safety and security of children)

3) Taking steps to prevent any staff, persons working for the company, or any other persons/member of the public from physically, emotionally or sexualising any child (this is more specific in terms of sexual conduct, and so again even just an accusation of being a sexual groomer would violate this as an accusation still maintains a risk)

Every dance school has their own set of policies, but they tend to all follow along the same line in terms of safety, security and well-being of children, and obviously instances like accusations make things a bit more tricky when there is no charge, but given the amount of fuss its been given the school will have to do something about it.

So interesting, thank you so much for explaining :). Sounds like the dance school should have nice clear guidelines to avoid any confusion/ embarrassment on their part.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19

3) Taking steps to prevent any staff, persons working for the company, or any other persons/member of the public from physically, emotionally or sexually abusing any child (this is more specific in terms of sexual conduct, and so again even just an accusation of being a sexual groomer would violate this as an accusation still maintains a risk)

Would they also have something in there about filming the children? I’m sure most places have banned filming now or allow for personal use only not to be uploaded on social media. He was filming other kids in the background

Reactions: 10
So interesting, thank you so much for explaining :). Sounds like the dance school should have nice clear guidelines to avoid any confusion/ embarrassment on their part.
They certainly should - every dance school should have their policies readily available. If you're a larger dance school, these are often found on their website, but if you're smaller scale and you operate through social media/word of mouth then staff SHOULD have a copy of them at all times when teaching and the policies should be on hand if a parent requests to see them.

Would they also have something in there about filming the children? I’m sure most places have banned filming now or allow for personal use only not to be uploaded on social media. He was filming other kids in the background
In terms of filming/photographs it's about consent. We used to operate an 'opt out' system, so on forms parents could tick if they would want their child to be in photos or being filmed.
For social media its a bit trickier - any posts from our school/staff would be sent to parents to get consent that the particular photo/video with their child in could be posted. But for older students with their own social media and parents/family its a bit harder to navigate as its their own accounts not the schools. We did have an incident when an older student posted a group photo and one of the other students in it didn't realise it had been posted and didn't want it on social media. The post itself then had to be taken down and students were reminded to ask everyone for consent to post - so I would assume the same rules apply to parents/family. If other parents aren't aware that their kids may be in the background then there's nothing really stopping them from doing it - parents have not explicitly stated to the person filming they don't want their kids in it and they're none the wiser - but if they did find out then the post would be taken down.

Reactions: 12
Wow! Thank you for filling me in. Sadly not at all surprised that Esme now has Instagram. Any chance for potential income from their children. And as for the dance school- again any chance to brag can not be missed out on even when it always has a fall out for the kids. Can you imagine how exhausting it is to be involved in drama constantly.
It IS exhausting!!! There was some drama at my job for about 3 weeks - it sucked the life out of me!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So did Lazy give up on sharing her best breastfeeding tips, or was it doing nothing???
Here I gave up a whole monday of Tattle and Ingham, to not have to live through that??
But Tattle started talking about it already sunday and Lazy have not bothered putting it up.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
They tried to make out that there was no point keeping the logo hidden any more because, according to her, "haters" had revealed the name
Again, absolutely no concern for others🤦‍♀️ Perhaps the dance school does not want random strangers accessing their page!! Nobody except locals had ever heard of it but now, thanks to Lazy and Chreepstopher it has been seen by thousands!!!

Reactions: 15
That poor baby omg if only she had decent parents she would have a chance at a decent life full of love & be cared for properly, not just used to make her lazy fkin parents money😡She has no idea that what is coming breaks every unspoken parental code💔
I have never known anyone to go on so many holidays!

Reactions: 18
Nope. Why all the mystery we know its no where major.
Their holidays actually bore the tits off me, it's the same tit every.single.time! I mean I love a holiday as much as the next person, but to be constantly going away would seriously be my idea of hell. Especially with young kids. No routine for any of them at all. This holiday will be the same as the last. Big Sarah walking about cackling with her massive udders dangling and that hair all over her fat face, and the sweaty n0nce prancing about with his sweaty red face ,his manky beanie, and that bleeping necklace he's become attached too. The kids must be sick to death of it all.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Stay put in your closet Creepy, it’s so peaceful without you & the witch 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.