The Ingham Family #230 I've got a brand new combine harvester, do you wanna come skinny dipping with me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Isn’t it no vlog Monday?

Just wondering, I thought children had to stay in full time education until 18 now. Can you even take a year out at 16?

To be fair, she has said ‘collage’ to college which would fit in nicely with colouring page learning 🤪
That’s right they have to be in full time education until 18 or have an apprenticeship but those rules won’t apply to them 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 28
For someone who’s child is doing what Isabelle wants to do at Uni there’s not a chance she’d cope with the workload unless they make her stop doing “youtube” also. And grow up a lot!

Reactions: 25
Who even made this?

This is a triple science candidate, she isn't even taking triple science.
No it’s not. My daughter is doing double science but the exams are still separate for each science area.

The difference between double science and triple science is the length of the exams.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Can you just decide to take a year out before college because I thought you had to be in some form of education/apprenticeship until age 18 now?
But you fooooooo…,, Dr Creepy and Professor Lazy Ingham do not recognise the law of the country and are best friends with all authorities across government, royalty, armed forces and the media.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’m pretty sure you cannot take a gap year for college to go travel as education/apprenticeship/training is compulsory till you reach 18. That’s why people take a gap year before attending uni.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Hmm interesting. Isabelle also wants to actually attend collage(!!) in person
Criminology, sociology and psychology - 3 subjects she's never studied before. M'okay. Presumably she's going to 'collage' to do GCSEs in these subjects rather than A levels.

I wonder if she's taken a look at the GCSE AQA Psychology syllabus or just has a romanticised idea of what psychology entails. She seems to have a slightly tenuous grasp on the English language so I've no idea how she will cope with the terminology and meanings. Probably thinks a schema is someone like her mother, plotting the next rip off Tat and Me launch.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I’m pretty sure you cannot take a gap year for college to go travel as education/apprenticeship/training is compulsory till you reach 18. That’s why people take a gap year before attending uni.
Exactly. I don’t think it’s a very good idea at all. Isabelle is the oldest in her school year and will be 18 by the time she starts college and nearly all her classmates will be 16, it’s a big gap at that age.

Reactions: 18
Also, which past papers is she looking at? There haven’t been any for two years so it won’t be anything recent.

Also as this years GCSE students are the “pandemic cohort” as such, exam boards have sent information down to schools as to what has and hasn’t been excluded from the exams this year and practise questions based on what will come up.

Reactions: 19
Criminology, sociology and psychology - 3 subjects she's never studied before. M'okay. Presumably she's going to 'collage' to do GCSEs in these subjects rather than A levels.

I wonder if she's taken a look at the GCSE AQA Psychology syllabus or just has a romanticised idea of what psychology entails. She seems to have a slightly tenuous grasp on the English language so I've no idea how she will cope with the terminology and meanings. Probably thinks a schema is someone like her mother, plotting the next rip off Tat and Me launch.
To do psychology at sixth forms in my area you need at least 6 in science, maths or psychology. I’m not sure what it is for college though.

My local college doesn’t do any of the subjects Issy wants to do, you have to attend a sixth form and if that’s the case where she lives you can’t attend a sixth form at 18 when everyone else is 16.

Reactions: 16
By travelling I'm assuming she means just going on holidays in the van with the family.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
To do psychology at sixth forms in my area you need at least 6 in science, maths or psychology. I’m not sure what it is for college though.
Yep you can’t do A level psych without at least a B whatever that is now. Psychology is heavily research methods and stats based, not trending TikTok crime story fiction book based!

Only the bleeping minghams think you can take a ‘gap year’ in COMPULSORY education. The literal biggest bunch of cunts😑

Please someone tell the draft blimp it’s COLLEGE not a bleeping collage!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Taking a year out to 'travel' won't be backpacking with friends it will be going on boring 'holidays' with the family and hoping in a years time everyone has forgotten about her going to 'collage'.

• Sad
Reactions: 40
It’s obvious that Sarah hasn’t got a clue when it’s comes to the education system. I mean the information is all online, you just have to google post 16 options. You can’t just leave school and be forced into travelling with your mum and dad in a van for a year if that’s what the gap year consists of.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Yep you can’t do A level psych without at least a B whatever that is now. Psychology is heavily research methods and stats based, not trending TikTok crime story fiction book based!

Only the bleeping minghams think you can take a ‘gap year’ in COMPULSORY education. The literal biggest bunch of cunts😑

Please someone tell the draft blimp it’s COLLEGE not a bleeping collage!
I hope if this happens and we report them something is actually done. I mean do these cretins not do any research whatsoever???

I have a feeling they missed out on when to apply for college and this is their excuse as to why Issy isn’t going but they will actually be breaking the law if she doesn’t enrol in something or have an apprenticeship or some training lined up.

Issy has her whole life ahead of her for travelling, I don’t understand the urgency or why she needs to do it all at 16 years old.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.