The Ingham Family #229 Travelling with the pox, channel on the rocks, where are the baby's socks?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I recieved C's D's and even failed art which i thought i would pass as i know im rather good and some people have told me i should be a tattoo artist 🤷‍♀️ even when i drew a ship at aged 10 my teacher thought i traced it but i hadnt and she was astonished by that. But luckily in college i passed my english and maths and my childcare course at level 1 and 3. I never bothered with uni because i knew i would not have been able to handle it at all. I struggled through school, was in middle sets of everything and believe i was also intermediate in exams too (im not sure) but i was quite happy with my 2 C's
I know if I had stayed in the French system, I probably would have had to repeat Year 9 and would almost certainly have failed the equivalent of GCSEs which is taken at the end of Year 10. I would probably have done a baby/child care course after that then gone to work in a crèche, which is what I am doing now, as well as nannying. I was good at languages and am really glad I got my degree ( with a 2:1) but often wonder what might have been if my parents couldn’t afford to send me to the school I ended up at that followed the English curriculum. I was so shy and had so little confidence ( teachers telling you you are rubbish and having a class average to match/beat really made my faith in my abilities go downhill really fast) that I might not have done well in the childcare course either. Getting grades for effort at the British School was a revelation, and my grades were only compared to the ones I had got before, not everyone else’s in the class. It meant I tried a lot harder, even in subjects I had no natural ability in ( sport, science, maths…).

• Heart
Reactions: 6
If they can't be arsed with the mowing then there's no way in hell that they'll bother raking that lawn. The new rake is a waste of money unless Lazy uses it to scratch those hard to reach itches.
Brilliant đź‘Ź

That is not a lawn, it looks like wasteland that's been over grazed by ponies/sheep
And Creepy thought tossing his grass seeds would do the trick. 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
After getting D at GCSE for Art, I stopped drawing/sketching/painting/making illustrations or cards to go in letters, for birthday cards etc… for about 2 years. Over 20 years later, I now happily make cards for friends, family, the children I nanny. The children I have looked after/tutored all seem to think I am an incredible artist, and, while I know I’m not that talented ( cannot do perspective to save my life!), I like messing around with different media and can draw things that are recognisable as the thing I want to depict and it brings me a heck of a lot of joy!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
My prediction for the Minghams is that they will go bankrupt due to monies owed to the inland revenue. Bellend Manor will end up like Katie Price’s mucky mansion.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
And no ear protection worn by any of them. That’s the least of their worries though with Prinny running about free. They make me so mad!!

Reactions: 16
Imagine the amazing play equipment they could buy their five children for ÂŁ2300 - instead Chris gets a pointless new toy and Sarah gets a fire pit and does up the balcony. Awful parents.
Imagine that money spent on getting Isabelle’s teeth fixed. I remember heffalump saying how uncomfortable Isabelle’s teeth make her feel to the point where she covers her mouth when she smiles.
They love using Isla's age to make excuses for the lack of orthodontic care, but surely they have had a bloody long time to sort something out for Isabelle.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I don’t even know if grass will grow properly there as it’s old farmland. I’ve been to plenty of old abandoned farms that have similar looking “grass” and nothing’s grown there over the years of neglect other than weeds because the ground is contaminated
The next door neighbours' garden seems to have rather lush grass, and is full of well established plants and flowers.
There were photos of the next door garden, showing the garage door and steps, in the planning portal docs.

They could really set that garden off. Create a veg patch (to teach the sprogs what a vegetable looks like in real life). Could be a brilliant home schooling project. Totally wasted on them.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Mila in that shopping trolley was not comfortable at all and neither was she comfortable that skin tight hideous outfit. I have never seen such a mother as Sarah. Her maternal instinct is just completely none existent
Lazy loves playing dress up. Her young children are living dolls to dress and accesorise. As soon as they develope their own personalities she looses interest 🙄

• Sad
Reactions: 23
Creepy obviously hasn’t heard of No Mow May. People are being asked to not cut their grass in May to help the butterflies and insect.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
My Daughter is currently in 6th form and is taking her A levels this month. She's been studying so hard she's literally been studying every minute available. Unfortunately she's suffering a little as her mental health isn't great and she's just been diagnosed with anorexia so I'm worried sick about her at the moment. I must admit, I'm that parent that has told my Daughter that I don't care if she doesn't do her exams, I'd rather her health and mental health stays intact rather than she gets a heap of A levels. That said, you know by the lack of talk of GCSE’s and lack of studying that Isabel isn't going to get the chance to sit her exams, and for that, I feel Sarah and Chris should be fined and the relevant authorities should be informed. Its cruel to keep those girls at home with no formal education, and they should be bought to account for that.
I didn’t do as well as I could’ve with my GCSEs and a levels, however I still got accepted into uni with a foundation year (I chose not to go as I feel like uni isn’t for me with how much I struggled in school), but please let your daughter know that she could always look at clearing courses if her a level results aren’t what she hoped for! Health is a priority, you can go to uni at whatever age ❤

After getting D at GCSE for Art, I stopped drawing/sketching/painting/making illustrations or cards to go in letters, for birthday cards etc… for about 2 years. Over 20 years later, I now happily make cards for friends, family, the children I nanny. The children I have looked after/tutored all seem to think I am an incredible artist, and, while I know I’m not that talented ( cannot do perspective to save my life!), I like messing around with different media and can draw things that are recognisable as the thing I want to depict and it brings me a heck of a lot of joy!
I got a D in GCSE art too and it absolutely crushed me, however the education system sucked all the joy out of the subject for me. It’s been 7 years since I sat my GCSEs and I’m starting to enjoy art again at my own pace!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.