The Ingham Family #119 Stranded in Spain on a disused helipad, car ducked and £20'000 to fix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are they on their way home do you think? I have just noticed the flag emoji on the "Inghamfamilytravels" Instagram bio is back to a french flag after somebody said it had change to a Spanish flag a few days ago,
Creepy insta still showing Spanish flag

Reactions: 6
I think they have no breakdown cover at all. If you can’t even be bothered to put oil in your car why would you buy breakdown cover ( unless they sell it in Mataram !!)
When my hubby broke down in France he spent one night in the garage compound till he was recovered not a week!!

Reactions: 22
So apparently today is Isabelle appreciation day on ifam group. Saw a post and this comment under that. If this person is a tattler I don't want to blow your cover but I just want you to know I love the way you have put this across. No one can say it is hate but still has expressed exactly what I thought.
I am all for encouraging children to their full potential but at the same time I believe it is parents responsibility to give them a sense of reality and prepare for the harsh world.
Sadly children like Isabelle or Mia Fizz are being set up for a rude shock when they step into the real world.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 62
He will be caught then by immigration as an illegal immigrant trying to reach our shores on a paddle board and not a dingy 🤣

And he doesn’t speak coherent English so he might end up in a detention centre 😂

As car finance companies say you don’t need money up front when there’s finance. And on business rates of finance too which are cheaper than main garage finance

Reactions: 4
I started commenting on here because I knew quite some time ago that my husband had had enough of listening to me ranting about the inghams. But yesterday I just had to tell him what had happened only to have him say that he'd just got home from work and discovered the tyre on the car was leaking. I never got to finish the story so you can imagine how confused he was this morning as he's already in a bad mood changing a tyre before going to work and I'm standing in the doorway shouting to just pour loads of oil in the car, it might help.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
What I dont understand is they had the camera/phone out and filmed the car going on to the tow truck but didn't have the phone out to film what would be more entertaining which was them allegedly in the back of the caravan speeding down the motorway? And she let Jace just crawl around on the floor during that? Nope I call BS. File that under things that didnt happen.

Now the car, looked very new surely it's under warranty so if it's an issue that's not their fault then it should be repaired for free, but even if not 17000 is much much cheaper than another car of the same size and age? I feel like Sarah and Chris share half a brain cell and sometimes it gets lost on the journey to the other person.

Oh I also forgot, their plan is for Chris to fly back then drive back and save them surely he wont isolate for 2 weeks before setting back off to save him so essential he could be traipsing the virus from Leeds all the way down the UK all the way across France and back across Spain. Leaving it at every service station and hotel he stops at ling the way. Very sensible of them.

Reactions: 26
Chris goes back to spain = 2 weeks quarantine
Then if gets the ferry to France, you have to quarantine for 2 weeks in France before travelling anywhere else

Then if gets the ferry to France, you have to quarantine for 2 weeks in France before travelling anywhere else
He would hvae to quarantine for 4 weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sounds like they still haven't figured it out 😂 🍿

Screenshot 2020-08-20 at 10.21.52.png

And to the idiot recommending they get in touch with Eddie Stobart to help out due to being influencers - :mad::censored:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
What I dont understand is they had the camera/phone out and filmed the car going on to the tow truck but didn't have the phone out to film what would be more entertaining which was them allegedly in the back of the caravan speeding down the motorway? And she let Jace just crawl around on the floor during that? Nope I call BS. File that under things that didnt happen.

Now the car, looked very new surely it's under warranty so if it's an issue that's not their fault then it should be repaired for free, but even if not 17000 is much much cheaper than another car of the same size and age? I feel like Sarah and Chris share half a brain cell and sometimes it gets lost on the journey to the other person.
The car is over 10 years old - it ain’t new.

Reactions: 9
Wouldn't it have made sense for Sarah and the kids to fly home, leave creepy there and for someone who is possibly retired (hi Steve) who didn't have to worry about taking time off work to travel and quarantine to drive Creepy's car to Spain to fetch him? Is that more logical?
it is. I would’ve done exactly that in the same situation. But logic has never been their strong point, has it? I can think of a few reasons why they won’t go this route:

1. Chris is arrogant. He believes he knows better than anyone so he wouldn’t just give money to them to buy a car for him. Plus, i think he would buy a second hand car again so he can’t just look up the spec on a website. He would want to pick it himself.

2. They know they don’t have content going back home. They can’t afford to stop vlogging now so, by sticking Sarah and kids somewhere nice, there’s more chances to vlog. They’re so desperate to continue this charade of an adventure.

3. Chris is a narcissist. He needs to be seen as a hero, not someone who failed his family. Enough said.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think at this point the IFAM would respect them more if they cut their losses and just went home. It's not like the travel videos have been that interesting anyway, and at least if they quarantine at home it gives more opportunity for them to film things their viewers actually like - skits, the kids playing, Shein hauls...

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I can’t imagine how technologically advanced this tow bar she keeps banging on about must be, to be so different in other parts of Europe than the UK.
Call me an idiot, I mean I do live in Oz but I drive a European car and granted it’s a heap of tit and I should’ve bought Japanese, I digress, but I hadn’t noticed my tow bar is any more special than any other one here

• Haha
Reactions: 21

You don't have to quarantine arriving in France, the French government ask travellers to voluntary quarantine but don't enforce it.

Reactions: 4
Would the breakdown insurance just cover the car, or would it include the caravan as well? If it doesn't, I can see it costing thousands to get the caravan home.
They would need towing insurance to have the caravan recovered to the UK, any normal person holidaying around Europe towing a caravan would have it but not so sure with the minghams

H would only have to quarantine in the UK for 2 weeks, France have no requirement fro UK citizens to quarantine arrival to France. So wouldn't be a 4 week quarantine

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.