The Ingham Family #119 Stranded in Spain on a disused helipad, car ducked and £20'000 to fix

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The title kinda gives the tldr. They're stuck somewhere between Valencia and Madrid living in their caravan outside a garage. But don't worry there's a shop where they're holidaying that sells Peppa pig biscuits.

Who would have thought that traveling during a pandemic would be a bad idea? 🍿

Now everyone check your oil
PSX_20200819_212331.jpg

PSX_20200819_212350.jpg

Screenshot_2020-08-19-21-21-12-380_com.google.android.youtube.png

PSX_20200819_212423.jpg

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 49
*Struts into new thread with an oil can and a greasy rag to check everyones levels*

Hi Steve!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I'm desperate to know who's staying in their house!
Wonder if they’ve rented it out for 6 months?? Whilst they chase their dreams?! If they don’t go home and choose to keep travelling it’s a pretty good possibility. Fancy making yourself homeless 😂😂😂

Reactions: 29
Wonder if they’ve rented it out for 6 months?? Whilst they chase their dreams?! If they don’t go home and choose to keep travelling it’s a pretty good possibility. Fancy making yourself homeless 😂😂😂
I would have said Katrina but the car rules that out, need a clapped out old Zafira with the windscreen smashed for that

• Haha
Reactions: 26
The last thread people were saying they should sell the caravan. Not if they took it on finance they can’t sell it

Reactions: 16
The title kinda gives the tldr. They're stuck somewhere between Valencia and Madrid living in their caravan outside a garage. But don't worry there's a shop where they're holidaying that sells Peppa pig biscuits.

Who would have thought that traveling during a pandemic would be a bad idea? 🍿

Now everyone check your oil
View attachment 217010
View attachment 217012
View attachment 217014
View attachment 217015
Look at the bag on top. It looks like a body bag not a roof box. Hasn’t even got the proper roof rails for it. Cheap skate and easier for thieves to break into it being fabric

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Look at the bag on top. It looks like a body bag not a roof box. Hasn’t even got the proper roof rails for it. Cheap skate and easier for thieves to break into it being fabric
Probably a B&M bargain, you know the Mingham way, cheap before quality

Reactions: 19
And if they have rented it out, I hope they've got permission from their mortgage company?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
And if they have rented it out, I hope they've got permission from their mortgage company?
long time lurker, second time poster, LOVING the fact the car has broken down and stranded them! :) Feel for the kids a ‘little’ bit but only because they can’t help that their parents are idiots!!

but This was just my thought as well? Surely they would now need a ‘buy to let mortgage’?

Reactions: 26
Does anyone feel like they are not just choosing not to go home but are avoiding going home?

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Genuinely watched the two last vlogs opened mouthed. I would be distraught in their situation. The idea of being stuck in a garage forecourt with 4 kids in a pandemic while my husband flew back to England...no chance!!

The kids eating biscuits followed by ice creams - horrific amount of sugar. And Isla and Esme were chomping on a family size bar of chocolate.

Poor Jace trying to get Sarah's attention but mummy dearest was too busy talking to the camera 🙄

I hope they buy beer (at least) for those garage owners. Bet they expected them to stay the night and bugger off to a hotel but no, not the Inghams. I would not have the audacity to charge my scooters using their electricity!!

Reactions: 56
Also, Im on compassionate leave from work, but I’m usually taking calls for a well known car insurance company and believe me when I say any call we get from people stranded abroad involves a lot of different departments and is not straight forward...

but they’ve broken down and not had an accident, which means they would need really good break down cover to be rescued abroad. So no recovery, repairs or replacement vehicle which normally comes with an accident wherever you are. I have to be careful what I say, so I won’t go into details 👍

Plus travelling in this pandemic might invalidate it anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 39
Surely the best option is to have the chavavan towed home and they all fly back. They can then buy a brand new car with all that money they've told us they have and then set off again, prehaps taking a different route through France to Spain so they can experience some more of the wonderful swimming pools the country has to offer 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Does anyone feel like they are not just choosing not to go home but are avoiding going home?
I think they are both stubborn enough to stick this out as long as possible to get this #vanlife travel thing they want.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.