The Indie Projects

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m glad to have come across this thread. I have been a subscriber to Theo and Bee until earlier this year. I have stopped watching their videos as they never seemed able to complete anything. The time that barn conversion has taken is insane they could have built a new house in that time. I get that Bee’s mental health and seemingly Theo’s is quite fragile but that latest video did them no favours at all. I hope they can find peace off of social media as clearly it’s not good for their health. I feel duped that they presented themselves as living off grid but had an ever expanding property portfolio.

Reactions: 8
I didn’t notice that. I don’t mind what they do or get up too. They just really misread the room with the asking for donations. If they pedal back and come back with an apology and explain I think they could pick up again. However I do not think social media is good for them at all right now given the poor state of their mental health. A step back, some time away to gather strength will help them. Involving themselves in the above bath and forth will not.

Reactions: 6
I didn’t notice that. I don’t mind what they do or get up too. They just really misread the room with the asking for donations. If they pedal back and come back with an apology and explain I think they could pick up again. However I do not think social media is good for them at all right now given the poor state of their mental health. A step back, some time away to gather strength will help them. Involving themselves in the above bath and forth will not.
Yes, 100% agree. I must admit though it's a little frustrating that after calling out negative comments for bad mental health they did exactly the same and attacked people online. Yet no body in their instgram comments seems to see the double standard.

Reactions: 6
Yes, 100% agree. I must admit though it's a little frustrating that after calling out negative comments for bad mental health they did exactly the same and attacked people online. Yet no body in their instgram comments seems to see the double standard.
Exactly! For such advocates of mental health, they seem to have no problem doing to others what they don't want done to them. And honestly, what they've done is way worse. They were rightfully called out for their hypocrisy, although I don't doubt it made them feel like tit. But to attack fellow creators online, posting snippets of private conversations without the other party agreeing to it and making it seem like they are some kind of justice warriors, whilst having no issues with their fans posting down right awful messages to these creators pages (I didn't see any comment on bee and theo's page with the same tone) is just hypocritical and shows what type of people they are.

Reactions: 7
Everything they do is a money grab,totally dishonest with their loyal followers only admitting to the 3rd property when they need a handout. They are acting like everyone owes them everything and that boo hoo poor me is no longer fooling anyone.surely if bee is that mentally unstable then she should be hospitalised for her own safety.

I don’t know what theo’s Up to now, on his instagram he’s put a photo of a monster truck half out of the new properties garage. He’s probably still filming for the future, or saying balls to you look at my wealth.

I
1663327458419.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Glad to find this thread and that I'm not going crazy feeling like a horrible person for speaking my mind (albeit sensitively! ) and seeing their true colours and unfollowing them.

I've been following their journey on Youtube for some time since their earlier travel vlogs which were genuinely enjoyable and there was no real sign of manipulation in the earlier years they had a softer side, but the toxicity was becoming more apparent in recent videos. I was tempted to unsubscribe to them some time ago when they were blatantly using their live sessions as a means for people to send them money, that sort of attitude irks me but to see this latest... saying that, I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.. I'm really left quite stunned by their behaviour in the last vlog.

It's kind of sad that those still sucking up to them on their pages gushing over them since are completely oblivious to the fact that they've been lied to- and to have this opinion I'd likely be seen by them as one of the "cruel" ones leaving a "disgusting" comment.. what they've done to their peers in response doesn't make them much better! Did any of you get the sense their egos were coming across as ever increasing over the past year particularly, and they became more "full of themselves"?

imo the Indie Projects were using the phrases "disgusting" and "cruel" because they couldn't see the fault in their own actions, were out to protect themselves and this has led them to an unfortunate meltdown.. like somebody else commented it's high time they took responsibility for their own actions.

I'm glad I never gave them any money ever. I felt a bit miffed at them on their latest vlog and how they seem to be backtracking now, their behaviour doesn't surprise me and I'm glad to stop following their "journey". I was initially very confused hearing about the "third" property and wonder how many other "thirds" they own. I had a fleeting thought if they'll follow up with another vlog and what the tone of that will be, i can only suspect it will be full of self pity and blaming others to keep their viewers hanging on. On the other hand perhaps it's best they quite social media altogether if they're so unwell, to allow themselves time to recharge and recover. With the vast quality of their skills no doubt they could find a job offline more suited to their mental health.

It seems that many are still blindsided by who this couple really are and so glad the truth is finally coming out although as sad as it is about Bea's latest suicide attempt, I still wish her a fully recovery. Mental health is incredibly serious. It felt like Theo was having to pull the majority of the weight of the workload by himself and it isn't much surprise that he's feeling so exhausted. But still, they can't then turn the tables on others when treating their own viewers so senselessly. Really i think they lived in their own little world of "online celebrity" and who knows what was really going on behind the scenes. Youtubers will show you what they want you to see to entice them into their world and keep you there for as long as possible. Having experienced narcissists in my life this makes me wonder about the level of narcissism those two were capable of in keeping their online worlds going.

It's insightful seeing how they've been responding...I hadn't seen any of the responses from the screenshares in this thread and it is a complete eye opener and confirms my gut feelings about this whole situation so thanks for sharing those. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up losing many friends in Portugal now after their behaviour towards their peers, as well as more viewers they've worked so hard for, such a shame, but it's been their own doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I thought the garage burned down? Obviously not. I wonder what Sunday will bring .

Reactions: 2
On the night of the video, I decided to look up their subscriber numbers. So many were saying they were unsubbing, they lost 1000 subs in one night. That's not a huge amount when you have 352000 but I guess that's why they in part turned the comments off. Trying to save their numbers.

Glad to find this thread and that I'm not going crazy feeling like a horrible person for speaking my mind (albeit sensitively! ) and seeing their true colours and unfollowing them.

I've been following their journey on Youtube for some time since their earlier travel vlogs which were genuinely enjoyable and there was no real sign of manipulation in the earlier years they had a softer side, but the toxicity was becoming more apparent in recent videos. I was tempted to unsubscribe to them some time ago when they were blatantly using their live sessions as a means for people to send them money, that sort of attitude irks me but to see this latest... saying that, I really wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt.. I'm really left quite stunned by their behaviour in the last vlog.

It's kind of sad that those still sucking up to them on their pages gushing over them since are completely oblivious to the fact that they've been lied to- and to have this opinion I'd likely be seen by them as one of the "cruel" ones leaving a "disgusting" comment.. what they've done to their peers in response doesn't make them much better! Did any of you get the sense their egos were coming across as ever increasing over the past year particularly, and they became more "full of themselves"?

imo the Indie Projects were using the phrases "disgusting" and "cruel" because they couldn't see the fault in their own actions, were out to protect themselves and this has led them to an unfortunate meltdown.. like somebody else commented it's high time they took responsibility for their own actions.

I'm glad I never gave them any money ever. I felt a bit miffed at them on their latest vlog and how they seem to be backtracking now, their behaviour doesn't surprise me and I'm glad to stop following their "journey". I was initially very confused hearing about the "third" property and wonder how many other "thirds" they own. I had a fleeting thought if they'll follow up with another vlog and what the tone of that will be, i can only suspect it will be full of self pity and blaming others to keep their viewers hanging on. On the other hand perhaps it's best they quite social media altogether if they're so unwell, to allow themselves time to recharge and recover. With the vast quality of their skills no doubt they could find a job offline more suited to their mental health.

It seems that many are still blindsided by who this couple really are and so glad the truth is finally coming out although as sad as it is about Bea's latest suicide attempt, I still wish her a fully recovery. Mental health is incredibly serious. It felt like Theo was having to pull the majority of the weight of the workload by himself and it isn't much surprise that he's feeling so exhausted. But still, they can't then turn the tables on others when treating their own viewers so senselessly. Really i think they lived in their own little world of "online celebrity" and who knows what was really going on behind the scenes. Youtubers will show you what they want you to see to entice them into their world and keep you there for as long as possible. Having experienced narcissists in my life this makes me wonder about the level of narcissism those two were capable of in keeping their online worlds going.

It's insightful seeing how they've been responding...I hadn't seen any of the responses from the screenshares in this thread and it is a complete eye opener and confirms my gut feelings about this whole situation so thanks for sharing those. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up losing many friends in Portugal now after their behaviour towards their peers, as well as more viewers they've worked so hard for, such a shame, but it's been their own doing.
You are definitely not alone, and love the username 👍.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I can’t understand how people seem to be blinkered in what they’ve done. I’m one of those who left a comment, I didn’t think it was nasty saying they hadn’t shown compassion to people who had lost everything. Asking for help to make the land back to its former glory, is a piss take, when people around them have lost so much I can’t understand how people can’t see this. They are building a property empire, they have three why oh why don’t people see it’s wrong, they just don’t see it.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Ugh. I was very shocked as well and unsubscribed. I really liked that YouTube channel and it was just awful to feel like I had the wool pulled over my eyes. I think, for me, it was the combination of keeping the properties a secret and the complaints about how hard they have it. Most people can't just pick up and move for a change of scenery when traumatic events happen their poor neighbors have been forced out of their homes with this fire. Many of us just have to make due with our lots in life and don't have the resources they have. We all don't stop work in the afternoon and get a nice dip in the lake.

I think that this video, coming right off the news of their village house, rubbed many the wrong way. They even acknowledged they were keeping the new property a secret. Bee bailed on the barn project and Theo seemed to attempt to keep it going. Bee was only in the videos for sponsor ads in many of them (got to keep the money coming in). With the new village house they renovated the bathroom and never showed the project as they hired a crew to do it. They bought this new property and hired a crew to clean the brush. I wonder how much "living off the grid" they were really doing all this time. It looked to me like they ate out often and laundry was done in town. They didn't even finish the barn kitchen. It looked like the whole project was coming apart at the seams even before the fire.

I was under no illusions that they weren't making bank nor did the fact that they made money bother me. It's that they wanted us to think they were living off the grid in this happy little simple life with this barn project that they loved and wanted us to love. I suspect they were barely there and couldn't wait to get out and move on up. They didn't even live in that barn for 7 months (and even that long is up for debate, with 2 vacations during that time). Heck, Bee wasn't even trying at the end once they had the new houses. Why do you want me to love your "indie project" when you can't wait to get out of it? Just make a video and say the barn is cute but I don't like it any more so we are done focusing on it. We made some money so now we are going to focus on living somewhere bigger and better.

Finally, the nerve to ask for handouts when others were so affected by the fire was the last straw for me. This is a wealthy couples private home not a public park. I guess they need to fix up the property so all their patrons can come and stay after they pay to fix up this magical place that, according to Theo's parents, "people would pay to come and see". That is if you are invited past the gates.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ugh. I was very shocked as well and unsubscribed. I really liked that YouTube channel and it was just awful to feel like I had the wool pulled over my eyes. I think, for me, it was the combination of keeping the properties a secret and the complaints about how hard they have it. Most people can't just pick up and move for a change of scenery when traumatic events happen their poor neighbors have been forced out of their homes with this fire. Many of us just have to make due with our lots in life and don't have the resources they have. We all don't stop work in the afternoon and get a nice dip in the lake.

I think that this video, coming right off the news of their village house, rubbed many the wrong way. They even acknowledged they were keeping the new property a secret. Bee bailed on the barn project and Theo seemed to attempt to keep it going. Bee was only in the videos for sponsor ads in many of them (got to keep the money coming in). With the new village house they renovated the bathroom and never showed the project as they hired a crew to do it. They bought this new property and hired a crew to clean the brush. I wonder how much "living off the grid" they were really doing all this time. It looked to me like they ate out often and laundry was done in town. They didn't even finish the barn kitchen. It looked like the whole project was coming apart at the seams even before the fire.

I was under no illusions that they weren't making bank nor did the fact that they made money bother me. It's that they wanted us to think they were living off the grid in this happy little simple life with this barn project that they loved and wanted us to love. I suspect they were barely there and couldn't wait to get out and move on up. They didn't even live in that barn for 7 months (and even that long is up for debate, with 2 vacations during that time). Heck, Bee wasn't even trying at the end once they had the new houses. Why do you want me to love your "indie project" when you can't wait to get out of it? Just make a video and say the barn is cute but I don't like it any more so we are done focusing on it. We made some money so now we are going to focus on living somewhere bigger and better.

Finally, the nerve to ask for handouts when others were so affected by the fire was the last straw for me. This is a wealthy couples private home not a public park. I guess they need to fix up the property so all their patrons can come and stay after they pay to fix up this magical place that, according to Theo's parents, "people would pay to come and see". That is if you are invited past the gates.
How do you know they hired a crew to renovate the second property?

I think that the sheer amount of Subs they have who believe everything they say will keep them growing. One comment I saw some time ago hit the nail on the head that referred to them as "The Cringey Project"

I think the property in the village the 2nd property (the hair dressers) was probably filmed last year. It’s been renovated already sold at profit. The profit then aloud them to put a hefty amount of cash in the 3rd property. I could be totally wrong, or they are getting income from rent from the 2nd property. My God I confusing myself with all these properties.

Reactions: 3

Completely agree!!

Reactions: 1
I think the property in the village the 2nd property (the hair dressers) was probably filmed last year. It’s been renovated already sold at profit. The profit then aloud them to put a hefty amount of cash in the 3rd property. I could be totally wrong, or they are getting income from rent from the 2nd property. My God I confusing myself with all these properties.
I think they still have it, as Mr and Mrs Adventure showed it 3 weeks ago. Here's the link: (22) WE MOVED INTO OUR FRIENDS' PORTUGUESE VILLAGE HOUSE (sorta) - YouTube

Reactions: 4