“The Ick” #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Years ago my sister was dating a guy with a cat. He didn't drive (ick) and he was pretty much keeping her around to ferry his cat to the vet!

So they would arrange to meet at a restaurant for example and he would message on the day asking her to pick him up, she would agree and he would ask to go via the vet to drop off his cat! Another time she was due to pick him up but he asked to pick him up from the vet rather than his house and that theu would need to go via his house to drop the cat off.

She soon got shot of him haha
And they always assume the cat is a pulling point and all women love cats!

Reactions: 3
I’ve never been with anyone long enough to see if you can get over an ick that comes up with a long term partner. I honestly think that it’s a subconscious way of your brain saying, HE’S NOT RIGHT FOR YOU as it’s usually at the start isn’t it. My first ick was after months with someone, then after that initial experience I had it at the start. Someone needs to do some research!
Have just thought of one- an ex who would sit on the sofa with both his knees and then both ankles both touching like his legs had been bound together. So feminine and just wanky really.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Women who post their vaccine selfie, just begging for a like, nobody cares

Oh and when women are a little unwell and post this bollocks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
God what Chick Lit book was it with the main female complaining about feathery strokers? Was it Marian Keyes’ Watermelon? I just remember reading a hilarious book with a girl stuck with a feathery stroker, racking my brain now
It was a Marian Keyes; Anybody Out There I think...I cried laughing at the description 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Men who are into cats. Don’t take it the wrong way as I think it’s a lovely trait to be kind to animals and love them but I mean the male equivalent of Crazy Cat Ladies. Putting endless pics on Insta of cats. Talking about cats. Memes of cats. I just attribute it to women, sorry.
My sister's boyfriend is really into his cat. One of the many reasons he gives me the ick 🤣

He was meant to move into her student house with her but chose to stay with mummy and daddy instead because 'he'd miss his cat too much.' And my sister thought this was adorable? Absolute boak! 🤢🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
My sister's boyfriend is really into his cat. One of the many reasons he gives me the ick 🤣

He was meant to move into her student house with her but chose to stay with mummy and daddy instead because 'he'd miss his cat too much.' And my sister thought this was adorable? Absolute boak! 🤢🤣
There is no greater love than a man and his cat sometimes 😻 🤣 I can't ick a man who is an animal lover to be honest, rather that than be a horrible twit who doesn't care about them or abuses them even. But there are limits, I get it 🤣 a bloke with a chahuaha in his man's handbag or something, then nope.

Reactions: 6
It was an earlier one, I think it was Rachael's holiday which was the first of her books I read - if not one of the other early ones. God she's funny.

It was a Marian Keyes; Anybody Out There I think...I cried laughing at the description 😂.

Reactions: 1
My parents are from the middle east but I was born here. I get the ick when men try and find out my ethnicity but through a roundabout way like "oh you have such wonderful exotic features, where are you from?" or "you have lovely tan skin, where are you from?"

• Sick
  • Sad
It was an earlier one, I think it was Rachael's holiday which was the first of her books I read - if not one of the other early ones. God she's funny.
Yeah she's brilliant. It was Anna's friend Jacqui that talked about feathery strokers...the list had me in tears!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Men in ‘old man’ slippers. Had to drop something off at my ex’s house earlier and he had tartan slippers on. My ladybits nearly expired

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Men with skinny legs who wear baggy, cargo, below the knee shorts (I have just received a like off a man on an app and it was going ok until I came to the last photo 😔)

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.