The House Build - Shady AF

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have a child poverty crisis here in the UK.
Yet Beggy cares more for her 10th, yes 10th Christmas tree, and tat-filled house while others live in squalor and face destitution across the country. I’ve decided to boycott any company that I see “gifting” which is essentially giving away free products to these influencers and actively encourage others to do so. There is far too much corporate greed in this country, and I can’t stand it anymore than I can stand the climate crisis. It’s disgusting, and those involved should be ashamed of themselves. These companies have a million other ways to promote their products such as running competitions or giving to charities, but they decide not to. They care more about how many followers accounts have, regardless of whether they have been bought or are fake. I’m sick to death of people like TheHouseBuild who take, take and take.

Reactions: 19
Years ago my in laws where told their daughter had a terminal illness and wouldn’t make it to 30
The doctors where right-she died at 24
I asked my mil how the hell did she even begin to deal with the fact her daughter would never have a life,career,kids etc
She just smiled and told me it never really sank in-she’s been dead 17 years and mil still expects her daughter to come bouncing in though the door-sometimes I see it on her face
And this woman is bellyaching because she can’t go for a run?!
Get a grip love-neither can i
Although my reason is because I was at work yesterday-i do a job that is really physical and I can’t walk let alone run anywhere right now
I crawled up my stairs (on my hands and knees) last night to go to bed-like a lot of other people who don’t get mummy to buy me a shop to waft in and out of as I please
What I’ve read so far is a joke
Like my granddad used to say
‘I don’t have much in the way of possessions-but what I do have I’ve worked bloody hard for-and I don’t owe a penny to anyone’
Wish some of these women would take a leaf out of his book

Reactions: 12
Completely agree, I think it's shocking that somebody who is well off takes all these free items. She's contradicted herself anyway, as she said months ago that she likes to promote small local businesses that she uses. She's an utter fake joke. I really hope she reads all these comments but because she's so full of herself she'll label any negative comment as jealousy.

Reactions: 8
My friends 6 year old daughter has just been diagnosed with dipd (https://www.gofundme.com/f/ediesfight) if your interested. I forwarded that link to an instagrammer (wasn’t baggy) and they replied saying they don’t share charity things (I didn’t ask for money). I’m so tempted to send it to them all and see if anyone does. I’m sure if I sent them a free watch and £50 they’d share it

Reactions: 7
Now she is showing how much she loves her daughter
Oh no the daughter is touching the previous decoration on the tree she’s not allowed to decorate! Please correct me if this is the wrong tree! Very easy to get confused with the amount of trees she has in her house. But I guess it’s ok on this occasion as mummy is making money from it. This woman will sell anything!

Reactions: 3
Yes agree - Matalan is a huge company and not a small company. To be honest I think the silk pyjamas at £300 dry clean only are probably more her thing..than a top from matalan! She’s so unrelatable - she’s just take take take and phony smile

Reactions: 4
She’d probably sell her daughter if she could

I actually know Becks and Andy personally (Becks since we were teens). She wasn't always a tool but unfortunately I would say since around the time Claudia (mother) bank rolled the Bridal shop she started getting worse and worse). It used to be constant boasting on Facebook it was really really tasteless, a lot of her friends got fed up with it and defriended etc. However, since she started the Instagramming and calling herself a property developer (this is completely not true by the way) she has done less on Facebook which is great. She mainly uses Facebook for begging people to vote for Isabella Grace whenever an award is coming up, it is really desperate and I know for a fact she and her family vote for her as many times as they can hence why she has won so many awards. Completely immoral but not illegal. Andy is actually a nice man and it is him who pays all the bills and always has. If it was not from him then they would still be stuck in their town house on the estate they were on about 10 years ago. I remember when he was made redundant about 6 years ago (approx) and Becks went completely crazy. She rang all her friends in tears, ranted on Facebook constantly about how they would lose their home, not be able to afford to eat, his bosses were bastards etc etc. It really was the end of the world, she made less fuss when Andy's Mum died suddenly approx 5 years ago. Of course Andy found a job within weeks paying even more money, she got a new Merc (which she wrote off within weeks, another drama!) and all was well in the world. I could go on and if it wasn't for our kids getting on well I don't think we would still be friendly but we slowly see less of them (as do other mutual friends). It is sad but Becks has really lost her way and has no idea that her constant bragging is tasteless and unpleasant. Urgh

Reactions: 24
I am so glad you shared this, as it reveals who she truly is. Hope she reads this!!!!

Reactions: 8
She will read it as I know for a fact she reads this page daily. I thought long and hard before posting but it was the final straw today and I just hope by reading my post she might have a long hard look at herself. To be fair it is unlikely, she is incredibly self obsessed now and believes anyone (real life friends included) are envious if they don't agree with her. She gets beyond furious if anyone points out her Mother bank rolled the bridal shop but unfortunately it is the truth. She likes to tell everyone how hard it is being a successful business woman but that is not the whole story. Chezbec the business she sold before her mother financed the bridal shop was not exactly a roaring success. It was run from a bedroom at her town house on a bog standard estate and was hardly sold for a fortune. Very much a case of promoting one image regardless of the truth. Sadly it will affect the children, they are both quite sweet but you can see traits of their Mother coming through and not always in a good way.

She is not all bad otherwise we wouldn't visit them. She is a great hostess, the food is always good quality and always no expense spared on wine etc (obviously). It is just a case of not having any self awareness about how crass the smug, boastful behaviour is. Not sure what Andy makes of it, he definitely loves the freebies and thinks it is amazing (so do I to be frank). Becks definitely had an eating disorder and I am not convinced she is over it now as she eats so little and likes to stay as thin as possible. The early onset of possible osteoporosis can be caused by her denying her body essential nutrients when on these starvation diets but I don't think anything will change where that is concerned. I only hope Issy doesn't pick up on it as it is not healthy. She is definitely becoming more of a drama queen, when we were kids she was completely normal. However what she perceives as success has gone to her head (actually caused by getting lucky with the town house on the estate which in a few years nearly doubled in value, this was boasted about at the time in an unbelievable crass way!). She has had a few lucky breaks, plus a husband with a very healthy six figure salary and a mother of substantial means who can bank roll where required.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Is her drinking as bad as we all think it is? The minute you mentioned written off new merc I instantly thought drunk driving!

Reactions: 7
Is her drinking as bad as we all think it is? The minute you mentioned written off new merc I instantly thought drunk driving!
It was in the day time (rather than evening) and of course was the fault of someone else! I remember her gloating when Andy brought her a new MERCEDES she was overjoyed and posted boastful photos on FB etc (you can imagine). I did have to laugh a couple of weeks later (might have been sooner or later but not long after purchase). I think someone crashed into it and either wrote it off or caused major damage, there was the usual drama queen behaviour about how SHE would never buy another Mercedes and how awful it all was. Like it was the cars fault. No gratitude that she was not harmed and all was actually ok. The slightest thing is a major drama, it is draining. I remember when she was pregnant and she was in complete hysterics about something awful happening on Facebook and then on the phone. I thought someone had died or her business had collapsed but all it was, was that the shop she ordered the twins stuff through had gone into liquidation and her goodies would not be delivered. It had to be pointed out to her that the purchases were covered for her money back as she paid with a credit card and she could simply buy elsewhere. The whole over dramatisation was probably the start of her behaviour getting worse, thinking about it, when she was pregnant was when I started noticing these changes but they were only occasional outbursts. Everyday now, there is something she does or says that is unlikeable and without self awareness. It is a real shame especially having such a long standing friendship but I can't see it continuing much longer (or at all if she works out who this is!). Regarding the drinking yes she loves a G&T and wine too, I couldn't say she has a problem. More a problem that she seems to prefer calories from booze rather than proper food!

Are you pantileslady?

She is always with her, inviting her to dinner parties.

Wow never expected to see this. What happened today? You said it was the final straw? Was it seeing the Matalan Ad?

Reactions: 2
Are you pantileslady?

She is always with her, inviting her to dinner parties.
No I am not. I certainly do not see her that often and quite frankly I couldn't bear too. We meet up regularly but not that often. Say lunch at her house or ours every 6 weeks (approx). Although we message and chat on the phone more often. I don't do social media in the same way they do. I actually have a real life and I do not live online showing off or trying to make others envious!!

Reactions: 5
That’s good that you don’t. Sounds healthier. I think she’s highly likely to suss you out though so it’ll be interesting to see how that pans out. You’ll have to let us know. Take care x

You sound like a very concerned and real friend who has had enough. I hope she does figure out who you are and questions her actions. But it’s likely you could join us as pond life on a story rant! Ha!

It’s warming to hear there are good qualities within her. I do love her house and I notice there’s a lot of family photos around, something not seen in other big accounts. She does come across completely awful, narcissistic and manic but we can all go through blips in life. Let’s hope this is one from her and a little reality check from a friend could be her start for a newer, healthier beginning. I don’t like her but I can imagine it must be very lonely and exhausting to live such a lie.

Thank you for coming forward. I think you're very brave. I bet she can be a nightmare to deal once she's got the hump. We had a taste of it a few weeks ago when someone questioned her on the whole ad and gifted thing. She named herself feisty becks and actually looked pretty ugly inside and out when she launched into her rant.

What are the staff like at her shop? Do they just ride along on her coat tails or do they secretly dislike her?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.