The House Build - Shady AF

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@midnightrose If it makes you feel any better about looking at these accounts, I watch them and their lives so that, despite what they portray, it actually makes me feel better about mine because I know with every fibre of my being that these women aren't truly satisfied, truly happy or truly content. If they were, they wouldn't be living their lives for 100 thousand strangers to comment on every holiday, every item of clothing and every piece of tat they buy or get gifted for the house. The endless consumption, the endless seeking of validation from internet strangers, the constant next high whether that's a new dog, a new car, another holiday or whatever they need to get their next fix, the endless trying to convince us all that somehow their lives are what we're supposed to be aspiring to. Every day is a display of behaviour that I certainly don't want to aspire to. Take the "stuff" away from what they post and look at them as people. Is that who you want to be?

I'd rather take satisfaction in working hard for my money so that I can buy (or not buy) what I want when I want, rather than trying to pretend to like something that was given to me for free. I'll enjoy my holidays privately, safe in the knowledge that I can make memories with loved ones even if I don't spend the entire time documenting it for strangers. And most importantly, I'll sleep well at night knowing that I don't have an entire thread on a gossip forum written about me.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
@midnightrose If it makes you feel any better about looking at these accounts, I watch them and their lives so that, despite what they portray, it actually makes me feel better about mine because I know with every fibre of my being that these women aren't truly satisfied, truly happy or truly content. If they were, they wouldn't be living their lives for 100 thousand strangers to comment on every holiday, every item of clothing and every piece of tat they buy or get gifted for the house. The endless consumption, the endless seeking of validation from internet strangers, the constant next high whether that's a new dog, a new car, another holiday or whatever they need to get their next fix, the endless trying to convince us all that somehow their lives are what we're supposed to be aspiring to. Every day is a display of behaviour that I certainly don't want to aspire to. Take the "stuff" away from what they post and look at them as people. Is that who you want to be?

I'd rather take satisfaction in working hard for my money so that I can buy (or not buy) what I want when I want, rather than trying to pretend to like something that was given to me for free. I'll enjoy my holidays privately, safe in the knowledge that I can make memories with loved ones even if I don't spend the entire time documenting it for strangers. And most importantly, I'll sleep well at night knowing that I don't have an entire thread on a gossip forum written about me.
Thank you, reading that has made me feel so much better and you are so right. They’re on an endless quest for validation. Clearly something missing in their lives!

Reactions: 8

Totally agree with everything you’ve said. I feel exactly like you do something must be missing big time in their lives to be so dependant on the validation of strangers. I watch and pity them.

@midnightrose just remember your life is just as good if not richer in so many other ways than hers.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Imagine the pressure every day having to think of these monotonous, boring ‘stories?!’ - And if you can’t be bothered to do any for whatever reason and need a couple of days off, you get a load of wallies asking if you’re ok! - So then you feel you have to plaster yourself in make up, hold your phone in the most flattering position possible and acknowledge the fact that you’re fine and still living the perfect, idyllic life you strive to project. (Even though quite possibly in reality, you’ve been in bed with the runs and nursing a gigantic carbuncle on your chin!) I don’t feel these women are to be envied in any way and wouldn’t be at all surprised if they don’t sometimes wish they hadn’t started their nonsense in the first place!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
And if you can’t be bothered to do any for whatever reason and need a couple of days off, you get a load of wallies asking if you’re ok!
And that's when the arrogance creeps in and they realize the sheep are hanging on to every word they say, patiently waiting for the next thrilling life installment. And when they start referring to followers as "fans" you know the ego's really out of control. Another thing to pity them for, that they don't have anyone in real life that can be truthfully honest with them and tell them to get a grip.

Reactions: 7
It's a sad world isn't it? I wonder if this social media platform for narcissism will ever end? Sadly, I feel that it won't... but I certainly would not want to be on their perfectionism-obsessed merry go round.

Spot in!! Have you noticed that it's normally the people with money that get the free stuff sent? They have the money to build their houses and people start to follow their progress. Once the house is built, there isn't much left to post. You can still not be an hole and overshare, Yorkshire homestead is a perfect example of this.

0A8AA03A-4855-44D7-A591-6E64F6E2B0A3.png

“Busying herself shopping” on the way to a trip to New York. What a greedy witch! All while trying to make money off things that she buys. As if she needs anymore clothes? Why don’t these people distribute their wealth to the poor? It’s disgusting and wasteful! Awful woman!

See again, I just pity that. You're stuck in traffic on the way to the airport with your husband to celebrate his 40th birthday but you're on your phone, shopping (can't you wait until you get to NY to shop?) and setting up links so that you can earn even more money. Who does that?

Reactions: 4
View attachment 51667
“Busying herself shopping” on the way to a trip to New York. What a greedy witch! All while trying to make money off things that she buys. As if she needs anymore clothes? Why don’t these people distribute their wealth to the poor? It’s disgusting and wasteful! Awful woman!
It’s not even stuff she’s necessarily bought that she aff links - such a greedy greedy woman.

Reactions: 2
See again, I just pity that. You're stuck in traffic on the way to the airport with your husband to celebrate his 40th birthday but you're on your phone, shopping (can't you wait until you get to NY to shop?) and setting up links so that you can earn even more money. Who does that?
I do wonder what their relationship is actually like...

Spot in!! Have you noticed that it's normally the people with money that get the free stuff sent? They have the money to build their houses and people start to follow their progress. Once the house is built, there isn't much left to post. You can still not be an hole and overshare, Yorkshire homestead is a perfect example of this.
Oh yes I love Wendy at the Yorkshire homestead

So, she has taken Mr D to exactly the same hotel in NY that she went to for her birthday last year...
*yawnfest*

Reactions: 1
So, she has taken Mr D to exactly the same hotel in NY that she went to for her birthday last year...
*yawnfest*
It’s all a show off ! Why is she on Instagram when she’s in New York! Clearly it’s not enough for her.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.