The House Build #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
With the expenses thing, my guess is I doubt Mr HB is greedy but just desperate because she's trying to live a lifestyle that is actually unaffordable and he can't say no / won't say no, so is claiming things out of desperation to keep the finances up - of course still doesn't justify it.

I've always wondered why they spend a fortune on private school. Tunbridge Wells has some of the best state schools in the country with their Grammars, so it just shows they're not going there for their education but for status. The fees are a combined £40k / year for the twins + additional costs on top so it's probably £45k / year. If it's being funded from a trust fund set up by some family members then it'll be OK, but if they've got to fund themselves it's a huge chunk of change.

I think they have a mortgage?? Anyone I've met with a very big house who has a sizable mortgage and doesn't own their own substantial business, I know they are terrible with money, because they are months from ruin if they lose their current job. The maintenance costs on a big house are obscene as well (and good luck ever getting a trades person to give you a competitive quote when you live in a big house! ;)
My thoughts exactly! He probably needed to claim these expenses to keep funding their lifestyle. Also agree with your last point. I work in an industry where we delve into people’s finances and you would not believe how many outwardly affluent people live on a month to month basis with no savings should anything unexpectedly crop up 😬

Reactions: 3
I hope for his own sake and that of his family that none of this is true. There’s no way any of us know, and if anything is happening, you can bet this will be kept private just like the twitter requests for furniture and luggage 😂What I would like to see from accounts like THB is less ads, gifts, swipe ups, boasting, to stop asking for freebies when you clearly can afford things, and for them to show a bit more humility and authenticity. Take less and be less egotistical. There are too many on the gram of similar ilke to Becks. They all want to be the next big thing and that’s not a good thing in my book. All competing for attention and money.

Reactions: 5
I wonder how much she needs to spend on clothes. She’s gifted such a lot that in theory disposable Income must be high as she can’t need to buy clothing.

Reactions: 4
With the expenses thing, my guess is I doubt Mr HB is greedy but just desperate because she's trying to live a lifestyle that is actually unaffordable and he can't say no / won't say no, so is claiming things out of desperation to keep the finances up - of course still doesn't justify it.

I've always wondered why they spend a fortune on private school. Tunbridge Wells has some of the best state schools in the country with their Grammars, so it just shows they're not going there for their education but for status. The fees are a combined £40k / year for the twins + additional costs on top so it's probably £45k / year. If it's being funded from a trust fund set up by some family members then it'll be OK, but if they've got to fund themselves it's a huge chunk of change.

I think they have a mortgage?? Anyone I've met with a very big house who has a sizable mortgage and doesn't own their own substantial business, I know they are terrible with money, because they are months from ruin if they lose their current job. The maintenance costs on a big house are obscene as well (and good luck ever getting a trades person to give you a competitive quote when you live in a big house! ;)
I remember last year during a rugby tournament they took Max to a big game and bought him a rugby strip. I recall her making a massive fuss about how Max had been desperate for it and offered to buy it with his (£1/week!!!!!) spending money because 'Max knows we're under pressure with school fees'. The following week showed her buying the usual batch of blouses of course. Surely if you're under so much pressure for school fees that your kids are aware of it, then the mega expensive holidays and ridiculous clothes shopping should stop.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I remember last year during a rugby tournament they took Max to a big game and bought him a rugby strip. I recall her making a massive fuss about how Max had been desperate for it and offered to buy it with his (£1/week!!!!!) spending money because 'Max knows we're under pressure with school fees'. The following week showed her buying the usual batch of blouses of course. Surely if you're under so much pressure for school fees that your kids are aware of it, then the mega expensive holidays and ridiculous clothes shopping should stop.
What a tight arse! All me me me. Eventually her kids will realise what a self centred psycho their mum is. One day they will be older and able to form a better opinion on her.

Her kids go to private school as it is a status symbol. We all went to boarding/private school and it is the done thing to do the same for your children (I don't agree with that, but Becks and lots of our friends do). She is really ramping up the positivity there has been a big increase since last week and she has said that she won't let the haters get her down. So she is putting on an act, the fact it comes across as completely desperate has been lost on her.

Reactions: 11
Is there any re
Her kids go to private school as it is a status symbol. We all went to boarding/private school and it is the done thing to do the same for your children (I don't agree with that, but Becks and lots of our friends do). She is really ramping up the positivity there has been a big increase since last week and she has said that she won't let the haters get her down. So she is putting on an act, the fact it comes across as completely desperate has been lost on her.
is there any truth in the fraud?

I should say nothing surprises me anymore regarding her motives but she has been ramping on the positivity tunes lately either verbally or through various quotes!! Repeating the same verbose means excessive need for attention which she does not get from her husband or her children. I pity somebody who needs validation through little messages from strangers. Or as 88354 said, she maybe preparing for another career as a motivational speaker:eek:

I should say nothing surprises me anymore regarding her motives but she has been ramping on the positivity tunes lately either verbally or through various quotes!! Repeating the same verbose means excessive need for attention which she does not get from her husband or her children. I pity somebody who needs validation through little messages from strangers. Or as 88354 said, she maybe preparing for another career as a motivational speaker:eek:
I actually think once her children become old enough and aware of the real world they will be horrified by her behaviour and greed. The scrounging, the shaming of them in stories; she treats them like babies, the need for public gratification. Is her life not fulfilling enough?

I actually think once her children become old enough and aware of the real world they will be horrified by her behaviour and greed. The scrounging, the shaming of them in stories; she treats them like babies, the need for public gratification. Is her life not fulfilling enough?
Just she wait when they hit their teens in a couple of years....especially the girl! She’s in for an eye-opening!!!😲

Reactions: 2
When the children can actually witness the stories and have friends and school not in awe but gossiping then the kids will be mortified.

I hate when parents make their children feel guilty / pressured over a financial situation that they have absolutely no say in.

Reactions: 8
Looks like her account is private again. Why does she do this? What does it achieve? Genuine question!

Update - he was sentenced about a month ago to 8 yrs in prison. She apparently is standing by him and I’ve heard is paying his legal fees. The police have now started “proceeds of crime” investigation.
Yes, even though Debbie herself is not under investigation, the police would like to know if any money spent on her house renovation/build came from the proceeds of the drugs.

Looks like her account is private again. Why does she do this? What does it achieve? Genuine question!
Came to say the exact same thing, why is she doing this? If you want the weekend off the gram fair enough, just don't post. But this whole going private and then back up again on Monday morning is very strange. I wonder if she's trying to do a Colleen Rooney and post stuff to followers that non followers aren't privy to and see if it ends up on here?

Came to say the exact same thing, why is she doing this? If you want the weekend off the gram fair enough, just don't post. But this whole going private and then back up again on Monday morning is very strange. I wonder if she's trying to do a Colleen Rooney and post stuff to followers that non followers aren't privy to and see if it ends up on here?
Yes, maybe she’s trying to weed out the tattlers from her friendship group.

Some people have secondary accounts so not sure she’ll achieve much if that’s what she’s doing.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.