The Home That Made Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread suggestion:

No spend October had not gone well. Joe looks like he'd prefer to be living in hell.

Reactions: 20
New Thread suggestion:
No spend October went with a blast, Joes not allowed to talk about the past.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Kitchens cost a lot to replace, not being able to do that makes her more relatable, but she should definitely do that floor.
Yes they can do, but she made out when she put that house on the market it was fully renovated.... painting the kitchen cupboards and putting some lights in is not renovation. I don't really have an issue with her kitchen, it's not offensive personally. Yes the island bit is a bit ugly but everyone has different tastes 🤷‍♀️

To be honest, the floor (if she went real wood) would probably cost nearly as much as a new kitchen! I don't know why she insists on steaming it all the time, surely as someone who knows about homes and materials she should have known not to steam a real wood floor!

Reactions: 4
Yes they can do, but she made out when she put that house on the market it was fully renovated.... painting the kitchen cupboards and putting some lights in is not renovation. I don't really have an issue with her kitchen, it's not offensive personally. Yes the island bit is a bit ugly but everyone has different tastes 🤷‍♀️

To be honest, the floor (if she went real wood) would probably cost nearly as much as a new kitchen! I don't know why she insists on steaming it all the time, surely as someone who knows about homes and materials she should have known not to steam a real wood floor!
Exactly this.
Painting the cupboard doors has made the kitchen look much better. But she could have changed the worktops and got rid of the dodgy aeroplane wing at the same time.
She claims to be an interior designer but her house does not look “interior designed”. It looks like any other insta house.
There are some home accounts on Insta that are really beautiful and have been properly renovated...by interior designers....and you can definitely see the difference. Charlotte seems to do everything on the cheap rather than doing it properly.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Exactly this.
Painting the cupboard doors has made the kitchen look much better. But she could have changed the worktops and got rid of the dodgy aeroplane wing at the same time.
She claims to be an interior designer but her house does not look “interior designed”. It looks like any other insta house.
There are some home accounts on Insta that are really beautiful and have been properly renovated...by interior designers....and you can definitely see the difference. Charlotte seems to do everything on the cheap rather than doing it properly.
but she isn't actually an interior designer... is she?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Does anyone remember though that she actually had someone in to style her living room, they put those pictures above the console table and pimped it up and did the blush cushions etc. I'm sure she did a blog post on it..

Reactions: 9
Does anyone remember though that she actually had someone in to style her living room, they put those pictures above the console table and pimped it up and did the blush cushions etc. I'm sure she did a blog post on it..
Yeah, I remember that.

See, I personally quite like the kitchen, please don't hate me:LOL: It may be that I have no taste at all
I do too 🙈 But I do agree that it's a bit dated now and, close up and unfiltered, the floor is a disaster.

Reactions: 2
They will have fallen out then. She’s ripped off their idea.

Reactions: 1
to me it seems she goes spending small amounts of money decorating rooms when they don’t actually need decorating, when she could just do things in a timely manner saving money and have rooms done properly with a decent budget. Those little spends all add up to make a big difference. She doesn’t really priorities the things that really need overhauling such as the wood floors, carpets, sofas getting proper tiles for her entrance instead of Lino etc. It’s all done on the cheap, which is fine but she would clearly have the budget to go a good job if these were not constantly updated on a whim. I started following her initially when I saw her insta page and thought she had a beautiful house, now watching her stories over the year’s you realise how cheap everything looks and how she just doesn’t from one room to the other decorating.

Reactions: 11
i think the conversion of the conservatory to a solid structure would have been a considerable financial investment. However, looking at her stories i think that roof lantern leaks when it rains so perhaps she had it all done on the cheap ... ?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember when she designed a bedroom for a client !!!! She got the measurements of the bed wrong and the bed didn’t fit !!!! What sort of interior design does that ? Not a qualified one !!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.