The Home That Made Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think her ‘brand’ would be more successful if she marketed herself to the correct audience. She should be targeting people who want to have nice looking homes on a budget as her skill is doing cheap makeovers (would appeal to people in rental homes as well)
Instead she seems to have delusions of grandeur and targets followers who have clearly big budgets to be able to afford the homes and lifestyles they have. Nothing wrong with aspiring to be like them in the long term but in the meantime perhaps drop the fake accent, work full time on your interiors so that you get more bigger collaborations and this genuinely increase the price of your home through proper improvements.

Reactions: 10
I do like her children’s rooms because they are inspired to what I would like to achieve. But not the rest of the house.

I do like her children’s rooms because they are inspired to what I would like to achieve. But not the rest of the house.
I do wonder though if the kids rooms are what they want or what she wants. Her son's room in particular is quite grown up for his age.

Reactions: 7
Exactly. A double bed for a four year old is just weird in my opinion.
My children have double beds since they came out of toddler beds - they have big rooms and they enjoy them. I don't think it's weird. But they do have 'children's' rooms. Rory's room is more suited to a teenager.

Reactions: 6
She’s an interior designer now but who knows how many clients she actually has. Her collaborations are always for relatively low budget items and goodness knows how many hours she spends contacting brands just to get those. Her wreath making workshops always seem sold out and popular but that’s only seasonal so no idea how she makes this whole interior blogging thing profitable.

And if it’s true about her husband having an average job then it seems even more strange that she hasn’t had to go out and get a job that brings in a regular income, especially now that both children are at school full time.

Either her husband does earn a hefty salary or they just lead a very very frugal lifestyle. And whatever Charlotte earns pays for the extras in life like holidays and house renovations etc

Reactions: 1
She’s an interior designer now but who knows how many clients she actually has. Her collaborations are always for relatively low budget items and goodness knows how many hours she spends contacting brands just to get those. Her wreath making workshops always seem sold out and popular but that’s only seasonal so no idea how she makes this whole interior blogging thing profitable.

And if it’s true about her husband having an average job then it seems even more strange that she hasn’t had to go out and get a job that brings in a regular income, especially now that both children are at school full time.

Either her husband does earn a hefty salary or they just lead a very very frugal lifestyle. And whatever Charlotte earns pays for the extras in life like holidays and house renovations etc
Could all be credit cards, I look at 90% of those who make Instagram a career choice and don't believe for a second it's funded by Ads or a spouse's income

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think all this walking she's now doing (and storying) just proves she never walked that fat bastard pug. But we all knew that anyway.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9

I feel like they actually do live quite frugally. Holidays always seem to be booked through her friend who is a flight attendant or they go away with friends and share the cost. They shop at Aldi. She buys a lot of her clothes on eBay. Do they have a mortgage? I wouldn’t be surprised if they had financial help and possibly don’t have much debt?

Reactions: 2
Ah a brigh pink neon sign - how relaxing and calming for a young child's bedroom.

Reactions: 7
Am I missing something with this room transformation? The “big reveal” was nothing other that underwhelming considering she’s been posting pictures of it “unfinished” all week.

She’s decorated one wall, added a few neon signs and prints and stuck a pointless fireplace on the wall?

Transformation would have been, new carpet, new furniture, new layout!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.