The Home That Made Me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Like, her house her choices but it was too samey for me to follow and be inspired. I was geneuinly shocked at how much weight she lost so good for her!
I agree with above that she doesn’t realise how lucky she is to have a house that big at her age. I get she bought a run down one early etc and great on her but most 18/20 year olds don’t even considering buying a house for at least another 7-10 years!

I always thought she was older, surprised to hear she's only in her late 20's. But yes, very lucky then to be on the property ladder at her age with a property like she has. I can only assume her husband has a well paid job that allows her the luxury of being able to play at being an 'instagrammer' full time.

It does make me laugh the way she refers to her house as 'Balyn House' as if its a stately mansion though with no other houses around :D

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Just clicked, she has the same grey house as everyone else and an overweight pug, because pugs are cool.... hah! She should probably get a proper job. Won't be following!

I used to follow her ages ago but had to stop as she was just so smug about 'hard work paying off' regarding her house purchase and was sneering at others who hadn't done the same. Most teens cannot afford a bed sit let alone a large house in Dorset fgs. I think it emerged she got an inheritance or large gift off a relative?
Anyway her house was so boring, I felt irrationally annoyed about how show housey it was considering she had young kids so unfollowed. Glad she has lost weight, fair play to her.

So she got onto the property ladder at the age of 18 from an inheritance/gift and then later on moved by buying her mothers house? Yeah, 'hard work' really does pay off.

Reactions: 5
So she got onto the property ladder at the age of 18 from an inheritance/gift and then later on moved by buying her mothers house? Yeah, 'hard work' really does pay off.
I wonder whether it’s the other way round, she inherited mother’s house, renovated, sold and bought current house. But yes agree that it’s disingenous to imply it was through sheer hard work.

Reactions: 1
If I remember correctly she was gifted a house as her 18th birthday gift or at least given a huge deposit for it. The house she is in was definitely her mother’s but she has never mentioned how it become hers. There is no way she went from a bog standard house that she renovated to still be a bog standard house but beige, to be able to afford the house she’s in now without help.

The house is actually quite a lot larger than it looks. It’s been sectioned off and I think they either rent out a part of it or that’s where her mum lives. Not sure.

So a quick google and her blog says she bought her first house for 154k and sold for 260k. When I googled baylyn house a road name came up and number 16 which is on her door she posts everywhere was listed sold (no estate agent online so private sale) in the same month as her previous house for 300k. So with the equity of her previous house an extra 40k isn’t huge and I’m sure it’s worth more now probably 400k
Feel dead stalkery now ? but it’s all out there for people to see ??‍♀

Reactions: 3
I know the road and area where she lives and houses there are around 350k, so even all all the improvements done it'll be worth close to 400k but doubt it'll go for more than that.
I'm not convinced about part of the house being sectioned off, theres four bedrooms which seems right for the size of property. Plus if her mother lived on site then charlotte would definitely be calling in the childcare favours! I remember only recently she phoned her husband to come back from work to do the school run because she didn't feel well - if her mother lived that close by then she'd have gotten her to drop off the kids.

On another note, don't all the major paint brands offer tester pots for samples? Seems like an enormous waste of time and effort to be decanting existing paint into little jars just to make them look prettier. But I guess that's the type of thing you can do when you don't have to work a regular job :D

If I remember correctly she was gifted a house as her 18th birthday gift or at least given a huge deposit for it. The house she is in was definitely her mother’s but she has never mentioned how it become hers. There is no way she went from a bog standard house that she renovated to still be a bog standard house but beige, to be able to afford the house she’s in now without help.
This is one of the things that majorly pisses me off about her. She was featured in one of the interior mags and kept banging on about how proud she was ‘to have achieved everything she’d done at such a young age’. It’s not such an ‘achievement’ if you’ve been handed it on a plate though, is it? And way to rub it in other people’s faces who haven’t been so fortunate. She doesn’t come across as a very nice person.

On another note, don't all the major paint brands offer tester pots for samples? Seems like an enormous waste of time and effort to be decanting existing paint into little jars just to make them look prettier. But I guess that's the type of thing you can do when you don't have to work a regular job :D

Haha yeah I thought this. The basket was sweet but it’s all so pretentious but then she probably uses that decorating centre online that everyother one on IG uses and will charge Farrow and Ball prices ??‍♀

This is one of the things that majorly pisses me off about her. She was featured in one of the interior mags and kept banging on about how proud she was ‘to have achieved everything she’d done at such a young age’. It’s not such an ‘achievement’ if you’ve been handed it on a plate though, is it? And way to rub it in other people’s faces who haven’t been so fortunate. She doesn’t come across as a very nice person.
She doesn't seem to have very many friends apart from the one who she went on the diet with, and doesn't seem particularly close to her family or in laws either so you're probably right.

I’ve heard lots of people say she’s not a nice person so have never followed her, quick look though and her house is nice enough but can’t understsnd the huge no’s of followers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.