The Home That Made Me #8 the Shein of Home Accounts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread time - the thread suggestion with the highest vote was mine 🫣

Recap:

- More unnecessary animals added to Bodge Farm.
- The kids have the most depressing rooms and Charlotte saves the bigger rooms for ‘guests’ (future paying customers).
- The Reno is going from bad to worse - an aga that won’t be used, cheap white undercounter oven that stands out like a sore thumb against the new beige kitchen units that isn’t her forever kitchen, but most definitely will be as their are haemorrhaging money by the minute. There is a kitchen island in another room and Lino tiles being laid in the hall by a fitter who deserves a medal for dealing with Chavlotte
- they still pretend they live in the sticks despite being next to the motorway
- Rory is still treated like dirt and Elsa is fully becoming a mini Chavlotte as the favourite

Anything I’ve missed, please add

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
So basically she is doing a shein version of the beautiful fig tree farm house, who incidentally has stunning stone floors in her kitchen not sticky back plastic tiles 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I feel like crying. Why is she drilling skirting from the buildings merchants to her kitchen and paint matching 😐😐😐😐😐 also read she got stick on tiles? Is this true? 😐😐😐😐

Reactions: 4
Didn’t think you were meant to put trays on the bottom of an oven 🙈 obviously a cheap oven if it only came with one rack 😂

Reactions: 7
Oh god I just knew the first meal in that oven was gonna be a pizza 😂. And I’m guessing it only has one rack because it’s a cheap ass oven? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I really don’t like that skirting board in the kitchen - it looks odd!
It's very trendy at the moment. We're getting our kitchen done at the mo and the fitter said to us don't bother, he's already going back to houses and removing it because it's causing people back pain. The recess under the cupboards is so you can have good posture whilst preparing food!

Reactions: 13
It's very trendy at the moment. We're getting our kitchen done at the mo and the fitter said to us don't bother, he's already going back to houses and removing it because it's causing people back pain. The recess under the cupboards is so you can have good posture whilst preparing food!
With your feet tucked in! Can’t believe I didn’t know that, I’m as thick as chavlotte 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

ooh I never thought of that, dur!

Reactions: 5
ooh I never thought of that, dur!
no me neither !! I actually don’t mind how it looks but it will be a bugger to clean too. Most kickboards you can just wipe the inevitable pasta sauce spillage off. Surely skirting will stain and it will get ground in.

Reactions: 9
It is often called Toe Kick. This gives your feet more room as you approach your cabinets. Without a toe kick, you may find yourself banging your toes into the area below your base cabinet doors. With a toe kick, you'll have more room when you need to get up close to your cabinets.

I never knew this! Mind blown 😳

• Wow
Pigeon-toed Joe will be even more ick-worthy bumping his size 5 feet into the kitchen skirting.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Just come back from holiday and had barely any signal but did see the stick on tiles. I have some in my doorway for a quick fix as we are replacing the whole lot next year, so don’t really have a problem with them but who on earth pays someone to fit them?!

Reactions: 4
I’ve noticed a trend just like when all the sad influencers were doing the pointy witchy finger thing pointing to things in their house as they film. Now they are all doing things like tagging/ aff links for bullshit items like brass radiator knobs or door handles. Just bullshit people generally are not going to be buying. So pretentious darling aren’t you with your Reno! You must be above regular home decor now!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.