The Home That Made Me #7 Pillock in the ‘paddock’, more like lardon in the garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG
Why is the island at the other end of the room and the cheap white oven right by the doors that open to the conservatory? So you’re opening the oven and nobody can walk in …

And good shout putting a pantry cupboard right next to a hot aga! She’s so thick. Her food will be sweating and expiring so quickly.
It's only for aesthetics anyway. Like she said it's too expensive to have switched on. Why on earth they didn't just get rid and have a proper(not white plastic looking) oven fitted is anyone's guess.

Reactions: 6
We used that exact same flooring as a temporary solution in our tiny utility room. Within 6 months the tiles that were exposed to any kind of temperature fluctuation (near tumble dryer/window/radiator) shrunk massively and it looked tit.

You can tell that funds are running out... she'll be hoping that hubby gets a Christmas bonus.

Reactions: 3
It’s a money pit isn’t it. They can’t even scratch the surface.

Just a short while ago, brands would be falling over themselves to kindly gift items, knowing an instahun had moved.

The tide is turning and she’s been gifted diddly squat. There’s nothing aesthetically pleasing about Lino floor tiles and a lawn that’s been dug up by a couple of pigs.

Reactions: 14
The mismatched floors look awful - one type of laminate in the living room, the faux limestone floor in the hall, kitchen, conservatory, a herringbone vinyl in the toilet and then a different shade herringbone vinyl in the dining room. Honestly she would have been better to have put Kardean the whole way through the downstairs and it would have flowed so much better.

Reactions: 11
The mismatched floors look awful - one type of laminate in the living room, the faux limestone floor in the hall, kitchen, conservatory, a herringbone vinyl in the toilet and then a different shade herringbone vinyl in the dining room. Honestly she would have been better to have put Kardean the whole way through the downstairs and it would have flowed so much better.
Agreed! I know I’m repeating myself here, but how this woman has the gumption to charge clients for her design expertise astounds me every time! She’s bleeping clueless!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
She's going to regret putting that oven infront of the conservatory in the middle of summer but hey ho like everything else she just hasn't thought about it.
Normally when people go with DIY kitchens they will get Howdens or another company to design it first. From what we've seen so far.. yeah she should have done that!

The irony of charlotte saying that they’re invested in more expensive worktops because you should always spend more on quality items that you’ll touch/use all the time….why didn’t she apply that same principle to the sticker flooring then?
Everything’s just for the gram, and all she cares about is how it’ll look on her feed.
I don’t think even she believes that this is a temp kitchen, she knows it’s the final version but doesn’t want to admit it because it’s not the luxury bespoke kitchen she wanted. Plus maybe she’s secretly still holding out for a big kitchen collaboration down the line (dream on)

Reactions: 17
The irony of charlotte saying that they’re invested in more expensive worktops because you should always spend more on quality items that you’ll touch/use all the time….why didn’t she apply that same principle to the sticker flooring then?
Everything’s just for the gram, and all she cares about is how it’ll look on her feed.
I don’t think even she believes that this is a temp kitchen, she knows it’s the final version but doesn’t want to admit it because it’s not the luxury bespoke kitchen she wanted. Plus maybe she’s secretly still holding out for a big kitchen collaboration down the line (dream on)
Totally agree it’s more likely going to be in for a long time and she’s just trying to save face - but you’re forgetting - she’s going to fit skirting board instead of a plinth guys, to give it a bespoke look! 🙄 it’s been done to death all over instagram and no, it doesn’t give it a bespoke look! It looks like a skirting board fitted the base of your cupboards! Give me a bleeping break!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The audacity this woman has. ‘The aga is too expensive to turn on so I’ll just get another oven’. In a bleeping cost of living crisis. FLAUNTING it.
I honestly really used to enjoy her content but I feel such rage with anything and everything she does now, she is SO out of touch with reality.

Reactions: 5
Exactly! I was going to comment on those different patterns, color and kind of floors on the different rooms in the house. WTH??? I counted 4 so far! I’m really curious what’s going on in that brain of hers. And I think Joe stopped caring - as long as she leaves him alone!

We used that exact same flooring as a temporary solution in our tiny utility room. Within 6 months the tiles that were exposed to any kind of temperature fluctuation (near tumble dryer/window/radiator) shrunk massively and it looked tit.

You can tell that funds are running out... she'll be hoping that hubby gets a Christmas bonus.
The Christmas bonuses are only $700 gross and he isn’t in a sales role so the performance bonus won’t be huge either. She needs to win the lottery to fix this mess

Reactions: 1
The audacity this woman has. ‘The aga is too expensive to turn on so I’ll just get another oven’. In a bleeping cost of living crisis. FLAUNTING it.
I honestly really used to enjoy her content but I feel such rage with anything and everything she does now, she is SO out of touch with reality.
If it's so expensive to run why not just get rid of it? She could have had a much better flowing kitchen if she'd done that. Plus she should have had that conservatory taken down because let's face it they're not going to use it for anything and it looks dated. They could have then had patio doors put in where the dining area is and had units run all along the wall where the conservatory currently is. Would have made it all flow much better 🙈

Reactions: 3
If it's so expensive to run why not just get rid of it? She could have had a much better flowing kitchen if she'd done that. Plus she should have had that conservatory taken down because let's face it they're not going to use it for anything and it looks dated. They could have then had patio doors put in where the dining area is and had units run all along the wall where the conservatory currently is. Would have made it all flow much better 🙈
C’mon she’s a country bumpkin now! She needs an aga! No matter how expensive it is to use or how ugly, stupid and ill placed it looks in her kitchen! She probably had a checklist when looking for her country pad, and I’d bet an aga was top of the list!

Is that a budget indesit oven for our Chavlotte? Keeping the useless Aga for show and then having an ugly cheap white one.. make it make sense!!

Nothing wrong with Indesit but they are cheap! (like her)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She could've replaced the aga with a nice range cooker instead, I'm surprised she didn't go for that option as old agas still sell for decent money and would've offset the cost of a range cooker.

Reactions: 10
Surely the cooker would have been better on the other side of the island? Did that kitchen really need an island anyway 🙄 the one in her old house looked so dated with its aeroplane wing shelf. Although I think she took that out at some point if my memory serves me.

Reactions: 4
Surely the cooker would have been better on the other side of the island? Did that kitchen really need an island anyway 🙄 the one in her old house looked so dated with its aeroplane wing shelf. Although I think she took that out at some point if my memory serves me.
She clearly thinks by putting it on the conservatory side of the island it will be hidden from people 😂

• Haha
I find the positioning of the island strange, i would have preferred it central of the conservatory opening not off to one side

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.