The Home That Made Me #7 Pillock in the ‘paddock’, more like lardon in the garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that the room she was trying to get plastered? Looks like concrete has been smeared over the top? Panelling slapped on the bottom on the uneven walls🙀

Reactions: 4
My brother is a carpenter by trade and I’ve asked him to do my panelling many a time and said it’s just mdf strips and no nails and glue it to the wall and he was like 🤦🏼‍♀️ He’s told me in no uncertain terms “if I do it, it’ll be done properly!” He says the wall needs batons fixed, a flat sheet of mdf screwed to the batons covering the original plasterboard, and then put the strips on using a nail gun because even a newly plastered wall is never 100% plum. I’ve just shown him Charlotte’s “panelling” just for the laughs as I know he’d be fuming, and he replied “classic case of only looks good with an Instagram filter 🙄” He nearly spat his tea out when I told him she’s an “interior designer” 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
What the heck? Sticking the panelling to the dodgy walls with no more nails?! 😳
So despite every tradesman on the Facebook post has told her it all needs redoing and it’s not a small job … she’s carried on and stuck panels on anyway … she’s SUCH a bellend

So despite every tradesman on the Facebook post has told her it all needs redoing and it’s not a small job … she’s carried on and stuck panels on anyway … she’s SUCH a bellend
Hahaha she’s removed the post of Facebook 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She’s now showing how she’s cut out circles for the pipes without realising that she’s panelling over (what looks like - correct me if I’m wrong!) the stopcock to the pipes. Let’s hope Rory’s shower is the only thing that’s leaking, as she’ll be ripping that panelling off to turn the water off if she has a leak there too 🙈🙈🙈 What an utter moron!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I showed my carpenter husband her cladding videos and her front door / porch transformation and he had his hands over his mouth. Absolutely gob smacked.
He said she's ruining what could be a beautiful house and does not deserve it.

Reactions: 2
She’s an arrogant big headed little madam who has never been told no in her life evidently. Her parents created a know it all. Except she knows nothing

Reactions: 17
How did the walls get plastered then? Have I missed that or has it just not been mentioned?

Why is she doing the panelling like this? When we had ours done it came in big sheets? its not flush because of the tile adhesive still on the wall? Bloody hell what a mess 😳

Reactions: 10
You can see the first two panels springing back, trying to stay on the uneven wall !! What a mess.

It will look good for the photo and then it’ll all start falling apart….

Reactions: 11
Is that a whip princess perfect is holding? I know nothing about horse riding, is it really necessary for a bit of trotting about?

Reactions: 2
Is that a whip princess perfect is holding? I know nothing about horse riding, is it really necessary for a bit of trotting about?
Not for the bimbling she does no

She has alot to learn before getting their own pony. I hope to god she has someone giving her solid advice

Reactions: 3
O MY GOD..........that bathroom.....what a shower of tit. The panels on the end were springing back🤣.....why the duck didn't she have the full wall reskimmed. Would have made such a nicer, long lasting finish. But Charlotte the interior designer knows best doesn't she 🤦!!! Plaster hadn't even properly dried.

I'll eat my hat if that panelling lasts longer than a week.

Reactions: 12
She’s now showing how she’s cut out circles for the pipes without realising that she’s panelling over (what looks like - correct me if I’m wrong!) the stopcock to the pipes. Let’s hope Rory’s shower is the only thing that’s leaking, as she’ll be ripping that panelling off to turn the water off if she has a leak there too 🙈🙈🙈 What an utter moron!
We’ll you get a big fat bingo.

What an absolute duck nugget. She should be bleeping embarrassed. The temptation to message her and tell her what a self entitled dick she is. The professionals are literally handing her the information on a plate and she still won’t listen because she knows best.

I hope Joe slapped her with the panel they’ve ripped off

I'll eat my hat if that panelling lasts longer than a week.
[/QUOTE]

Also a bingo. Didn’t even last until bedtime. What not to do - example #376

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.