The Home That Made Me #6 Justice for Rory

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are they even friends? I always got the impression that it was more Charlotte sucking up to Laura.
Oh 100% i bet Laura hates that she’s been featured on charlottes stories and that Charlotte classes herself as a “interior designer” it’s insulting

Reactions: 2
Oh dear god. I’m not the most patient person BUT I do things properly. It makes me cringe how she’s rushing to get things done and cuts corners. Chavlotte love thank god you’ll never see my ceilings because you’d need CPR. I’ve lived here 15 years and I still haven’t had my ceilings re skimmed…..pray for meringue(!)

Attachments

Reactions: 8
I’d like to agree but it would seem Cara’s renovation has been 90% gifted items and collabs which is why it all looks so nice.

Cara hasn’t spent money. She’s been gifted an awful lot lucky for her

Reactions: 10
Laying in bed now under My artex ceiling ! Poor Teddy … how do I cope? Maybe I’ll chisel it off tomorrow?!?

Reactions: 5
It's really slap dash isn't it! She didn't even tape round the glass or anything. No system at all just slapping paint on willy nilly.

Reactions: 4
I just don't understand her at all. If they are going to be living there forever why not take your time with each room. Why rush to make it look good for the gram when in reality it will be shit!

Reactions: 10
Laying in bed now under My artex ceiling ! Poor Teddy … how do I cope? Maybe I’ll chisel it off tomorrow?!?
I’m in bed too and my view is making me feel like I’ve failed at life Teddy! Let’s chisel it off! Let’s do it tomorrow! Actually no. Let’s do it now. Tomorrow is too long to wait

I just don't understand her at all. If they are going to be living there forever why not take your time with each room. Why rush to make it look good for the gram when in reality it will be shit!
Love your user name

Reactions: 2
She said they’re converting the garage for her parents so I’m guessing they’re currently living in the main house with them. Why is starting the annexe not a priority over scraping(!!) artex off a ceiling and slapping paint around some carpet?! Would be much more interesting content than her painting timelapses. Have we seen Mungo since the move?

Reactions: 6
Is that what she said, ‘on a whim’?! Bloody hell, uproot your husband and kids just because you fancy a project.

The ceiling scraping didn’t seem to make any difference

I agree, I moved several times and I’m sure it’s affected me in lots of ways. I’ve been desperate to move for my own selfish reasons but we won’t until all our kids have left school because I know this is a great town for them to be in, schools are good and they’ve always lived here so have the roots I never had. Doesn’t mean I don’t get very envious of anyone making a big move , I think that’s what moving several times did to me - constant itchy feet! I’m sure many people make a great move and their kids love it but I’m not willing to take the risk, being a big worrier!

She’ll get her own bedroom properly done though, it’s ‘only the kids rooms’ . I’ve no idea how you cope with it, the horror . I’m sure there are more important jobs to do first.

Last edited:
Bet mungo is still in christchurch, some crap about him not being able to cope with a big move.

I hope shes found a vets. I live rurally, (not her area) people are struggling to get registered with the local vet cos all the lockdown dogs.

Reactions: 9
100% agree. A house like that is a lifetime project.
we all know Chavalotte needs instant gratification in all areas of her life.
i think she’ll regret this move.
They are remote, inland, no bistros, bars etc nearby. Gonna be a culture shock. A move isn’t just about the house, it’s about the whole family lifestyle.
I wonder if triangle Joe will have to spend a few nights a week back in Bournemouth? Most financial services companies have mandated at least 3 days a week in the office.

Reactions: 12
Is there anything more boring that watching someone paint in time lapse it’s boring when you have to paint yourself for god sake

Reactions: 16
I don’t understand the mentality of literally moving a couple of hours away and then driving back 2 weeks later saying how much you miss it with a broken heart emoji. I leave and never look back but that’s just me. Love a fresh new start.

As per the kids with moving. We moved and kids are settled, have sports clubs and friends. We could do with being closer to the city for husbands job. He wants to move but although I’d consider one last move, I want the kids to have that stability and a hometown. I just don’t see when would be a good time and least detrimental for them.

You were right, she’s offloaded the pug.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Buyers regret? Big mistake to make. I can’t help but feel gutted for her. Once you go, there’s no going back. Got me in the feels.

Reactions: 5
So Aunty Amanda has Mungo because of it unsettling him with the move and renovations but has made him move anyway? I’m sure he’d cope as long as he was with his family? Doesn’t add up

Reactions: 19
So Aunty Amanda has Mungo because of it unsettling him with the move and renovations but has made him move anyway? I’m sure he’d cope as long as he was with his family? Doesn’t add up
Literally just come on to say the same thing! And she's turning into hinch, solomon and cinderella with "I've told him all about the new house", honestly do they not realise they sound pathetic?!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.