The Grimwade family #2 Desperate to be famous, Tim acting shameless, Gone is Astro, Ella accept your afro

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This might just be me opinion..but is anyone else bothered by their names, especially Hosanna's. Dont get me wrong, it's a beautiful sounding name but they don't use any nicknames for her and its full on religious. If she grows up and decides she isn't a christian (or starts going to school anytime soon) then she might won't like it.
I don't get it why the other kids have more non- religious sounding names, Harper and Halle are quite trendy ones, even Rue and Houston. I know they have like 27 middle names which might be religious but they aren't called by that. Even Heze (who is Hezeriah?)is ok nicknamed like that, isn't screaming christianity like Hosanna.
No offence to religious Christians, just my opinion.
Tim calls Hosanna Sanzy a lot as a nickname. I’m not sure how you’d spell it

Reactions: 1
This might just be me opinion..but is anyone else bothered by their names, especially Hosanna's. Dont get me wrong, it's a beautiful sounding name but they don't use any nicknames for her and its full on religious. If she grows up and decides she isn't a christian (or starts going to school anytime soon) then she might won't like it.
I don't get it why the other kids have more non- religious sounding names, Harper and Halle are quite trendy ones, even Rue and Houston. I know they have like 27 middle names which might be religious but they aren't called by that. Even Heze (who is Hezeriah?)is ok nicknamed like that, isn't screaming christianity like Hosanna.
From memory they used to call Hosannah Zanzi not sure why and where they got it from but I remember hearing them say it in the older videos.

Tim calls Hosanna Sanzy a lot as a nickname. I’m not sure how you’d spell it
Haha snap I wasn’t sure how you spelt it either.

Reactions: 4
Ok, that makes sense, I haven't watched them for long . I think back in the day when they were more humble, they chose these names as 1st ones, and more recently itsthose that follow the trends like Houston and Harper then dump in a bit of Christian sounding ones as 3rd 4th names (which is crazy in my opinion but my kids don't have middle names )

Reactions: 2
I think all the names are horrible to be honest. Harper is probably the only name I think is ok. The boys names are practically the same just change a couple of letters. Strange how it was all religious names untill they went on youtube, then decided to give Harper & Houston more trendy names. But Hosanna is a terrible name. I really think there should be a law about giving your kids stupid names

Reactions: 6
The Grimwades can and will only watch videos of themsves. Their stuck in their own bubble. Their world is completely centred around themselves
Thats there problem they haven’t realised that things have moved on and if they’re not careful there brand will die out. So many of the OG youtubers don’t just do you YouTube they have side hustles and have invested in properties started up business and actually give back to the communities they come from.
I know we’ve been in Covid but you’d think they would have travelled to Jamaica or at least gone on a go staycation just to mix there content up. especially seeing as Tim’s such an expert in Jamaican culture. Seeing as the kids are homeschooled it’s not like they’re restricted to term time. I’ve said it before but they literally just sit in their front room chatting to the camera in every video preaching.
The editing of the videos is poor and so is the camera work, if Tim was really busy working he would go on a course to actually learn how to edit.

Reactions: 12
Heze's name is Hezekiah, a king in the Bible. Hazariah is a made up name, but Reu is from Reuben, another Biblical figure.
I think Hallelujah as a name is so awful, which is probably why she gets regularly called Halle.
Harper they had before YouTube, but Houston was definitely named for the American viewers. How stupid. Literally living their lives for YouTube. I don't see how people don't see through them.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
It’s going to be interesting following Heze’s career over the next few years. I’m not clear on how good a footballer he actually is, lol know he’s with a pro juniors club, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that as he gets into his teenage years that he will still be able to compete at that level. He’s been coached since the age of 3 or maybe even earlier to be playing with a football for 8 hours a day, that’s not what normal people do with their children, the football normally develops through a club or school and is extra curricular, not the sole focus of their education. I’m not sure if Heze has natural talent, or if its simply been drummed into him through excessive practice and coaching…and if it’s that then as he gets into his teen he may find that naturally talented boys, who are now at an age where they themselves are able to dedicate much more time to training, are overtaking him in rankings.

The Nike sponsorship is supposed to make us believe that he has special football skills, but I am not convinced that would be the main reason for their choosing him. Aside from the football there is the fact that he is on YouTube and Instagram with a family who already have a following, meaning that wearing Nike in the videos gives their brand regular exposure, which the other boys at his club, even if they are better players, would not be able to achieve. He’s also known to be comfortable in front of the camera and has parents who are also happy to be filmed or photographed, and have no jobs meaning they are available at the call of whenever Nike need them. Add to that they are a mixed race family, which with all the racism in football issues is probably an added bonus. None of these reasons indicate that he will be the next david beckham, but they do indicate that in the here and now, Heze and his family are in a good position to push the Nike brand via YouTube and instagram.

I do actually feel a little worried for Heze’s future. If he becomes a successful pro footballer then it’s all paid off, but if he doesn’t , then it could really break him, his family have put the expectation on him and haven’t shown him any other career options or told him it’s ok to switch to something else if it doesn’t work out. They aren’t preparing him with a rounded education for if that is later needed for him to choose a new path. They are also broadcasting, to what must feel like to a young lad like Heze, to be the entire world that he will be following a pro football career path. He possibly doesn’t feel much pressure as things are going well, but how will he cope in camera if for example he got dropped from his club? Could be a major breakdown waiting to happen in his late teens.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I figured from the beginning that Heze was said to not have COVID because they had him off playing football or something. Definitely wouldn't surprise me if it had to do with stupid Nike deal and them not wanting him to miss an opportunity with that. These people are sick.

Their first names aren't all just bad, but they all have like ten middle names. I couldn't remember them if I tried. They're so ridiculous and "extra" that it is hard to bear. I have totally unfollowed them on all social media. I am sure my curiosity will keep me here but I can't be a subscriber to them anymore

Reactions: 7
Its crazy that they haven't even gone for a weekend away in England as a family. They have the money to do it. Then again, they don't even bother to take the kids to any free museums or attractions locally so a holiday would be put of the question.

They mentioned their dream was to visit Jamaica. I can see Tim & Ella visiting and not taking the kids. Even though its the kids who earn the money.

Can you imagine how annoying Tim would be in the Jamaica trip vlogs. He'd literally irritate the whole of the Jamaica, thinking he is Bob Marley. And Ella would be prancing around in a bikini all of a sudden proud to be Jamaican but jealous of all the Jamaican beauties that Tim will be eyeing up

Remember Tim was telling his adoption story and saying Ella got very jealous of he looked at his mother & sister.... sorry but what way was he looking at them for her to be jealous. Kinda weird. Especially when she was the one who went searching for his birth family

It’s going to be interesting following Heze’s career over the next few years. I’m not clear on how good a footballer he actually is, lol know he’s with a pro juniors club, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that as he gets into his teenage years that he will still be able to compete at that level. He’s been coached since the age of 3 or maybe even earlier to be playing with a football for 8 hours a day, that’s not what normal people do with their children, the football normally develops through a club or school and is extra curricular, not the sole focus of their education. I’m not sure if Heze has natural talent, or if its simply been drummed into him through excessive practice and coaching…and if it’s that then as he gets into his teen he may find that naturally talented boys, who are now at an age where they themselves are able to dedicate much more time to training, are overtaking him in rankings.

The Nike sponsorship is supposed to make us believe that he has special football skills, but I am not convinced that would be the main reason for their choosing him. Aside from the football there is the fact that he is on YouTube and Instagram with a family who already have a following, meaning that wearing Nike in the videos gives their brand regular exposure, which the other boys at his club, even if they are better players, would not be able to achieve. He’s also known to be comfortable in front of the camera and has parents who are also happy to be filmed or photographed, and have no jobs meaning they are available at the call of whenever Nike need them. Add to that they are a mixed race family, which with all the racism in football issues is probably an added bonus. None of these reasons indicate that he will be the next david beckham, but they do indicate that in the here and now, Heze and his family are in a good position to push the Nike brand via YouTube and instagram.

I do actually feel a little worried for Heze’s future. If he becomes a successful pro footballer then it’s all paid off, but if he doesn’t , then it could really break him, his family have put the expectation on him and haven’t shown him any other career options or told him it’s ok to switch to something else if it doesn’t work out. They aren’t preparing him with a rounded education for if that is later needed for him to choose a new path. They are also broadcasting, to what must feel like to a young lad like Heze, to be the entire world that he will be following a pro football career path. He possibly doesn’t feel much pressure as things are going well, but how will he cope in camera if for example he got dropped from his club? Could be a major breakdown waiting to happen in his late teens.
100% this. He can do basic moves/tricks with the ball, on his own, in his living room. But how is he in a team effort? Is he good at playing the actual game? It's clear to be seen he doesn't show good sportsmanship or comradery from their video that he was envious, resentlful & sulked when his sisters won a family sports game. It was horroble behaviour from him.

Nike signed him because the parents keep contacting, messaging, phoning & auditioning their kids. They have them signed up with modelling & talent agencies. So when brands are looking for kids for projects, they have a bunch of kids on lists ready to do the job. Plus his football club would constantly contact sports brands to work with them.

Plus he was easy pickings for Nike as Grimwades have followers and a tv show so that automatically gives them publicity. Nike also possibly felt less work had to be done with him as he was already experienced in front of a camera.

Depending on contracts, Nike may also stop him from appearing on other platforms such as youtube, tv etc as many brands allow you to work for them only. Also if he turns pro at a certain age, again his contracts may prevent him from working on other platforms.... which may mean the rest might need to get a job lol.

I hope Nike encourage Heze to get his teeth fixed. As the parents have no intention of providing him with dental care & braces

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Correct me I am wrong please. Do these children have any toys particularly Houston as I often see her wondering around with bits paper and crayon or pen. I see Rue with his cars and Heze is attached to his dirty football. I've also read about video games. What does Hossanna enjoy Doing? Apart from dancing up a storm for the camera. What do these children actually do for Fun in that stale and staged environment. I know we only see a snap shot of what they do but it all just seemes really none child friendly to me.

I'm probably wrong but I get this feeling that Hezzie doesn't really get along with his teammates. I have no good reason to feel this way, I just have a suspicion. The other boys likely go to school and have other interests as well as football while Hezzie's whole world seems to revolve around football. I also see Tim and Ella bigging his head up telling him he's better than all the other boys in both football and as a person.

A couple of years ago he had a birthday party and I think some of the boys from his football team were there I think.

I can't believe Tim & Ella are so publically open with the fact their kids go without while they splash the cash on designer items for themselves.

It's like Rosie McClelland... British youtuber. She was on Ellen Show when she was little. I don't agree with her mother pushing the designer content & items. It's annoying & out of touch with reality. But at least they treat Rosie & not just themselves. The dad works a good job away from youtube but the mother is always hanging around & lurking in Rosies videos. Unlike the Grimwades, Rosie is still in a normal school, has normal friends, freedom & she has days out & trips. She is much more polite than the Grimwade kids and the mother makes her behave properly in public. Shes much more genuine & rehearsed. But basically what I am saying is, at least the parents treat her aswell as themselves and the Dad works...unlike Tim & Ella who make the kids work & don't treat them. Rosies life is more similar to typical British life than Grimwades in the way religion isn't a huge deal, friendships are normal & the kids aren't made to focus on a career 24-7, theres freedom and fun.

Grimwades keep saying they do everything as a family but why don't they ever bring the kids to parties, hotels or restaurants....

Also I agree, Heze is extremely arrogant and his team mates will not like this attitude with him thinking he's better & superior to them all. with the parents telling him he's the best even over his sisters. He believes it already.

Heze is being raised to believe that his worth is directly tied to how good he is at football though. I'm sure the other kids in his club don't come across as arrogant because their parents (hopefully) don't push it above everything else in their lives.

At his current age, I think I'd prefer him to be arrogant and think he's a superstar than be crippled by the self-doubt that he won't make it, because who in his life currently is going to tell him that it's ok if football ends up being just a hobby? Who would he actually be able to confide in? His arrogance is essentially a self-soothing behaviour.

I find it hard to criticise the children because they're such a product of their environment. Usually kids with poor parenting can learn qualities like humility, teamwork and self-control (thinking about their behaviour in shops) from school, but their lives are so insular. They have literally no reason to believe they're doing anything wrong.

Reactions: 9
Heze is being raised to believe that his worth is directly tied to how good he is at football though. I'm sure the other kids in his club don't come across as arrogant because their parents (hopefully) don't push it above everything else in their lives.

At his current age, I think I'd prefer him to be arrogant and think he's a superstar than be crippled by the self-doubt that he won't make it, because who in his life currently is going to tell him that it's ok if football ends up being just a hobby? Who would he actually be able to confide in? His arrogance is essentially a self-soothing behaviour.

I find it hard to criticise the children because they're such a product of their environment. Usually kids with poor parenting can learn qualities like humility, teamwork and self-control (thinking about their behaviour in shops) from school, but their lives are so insular. They have literally no reason to believe they're doing anything wrong.
Yes! They are just a product of their environment unfortunately. When I watch the older videos you see how normal the children were. I wonder if Tim has got more strict with them on how they need to be on the camera. He seemed closer to the all the children before very different to now. It’s like they are worried they will do or say something wrong.

Reactions: 10
Heze's obsession with football and the pressure they put on him is so unhealthy. It's literally all he does. They clearly think it's guaranteed that he's gonna make it as a premier league footballer or something and that's their meal ticket sorted. But, like others have said, what if he doesn't? He's getting little to no education and has no other interests.

I remember in that video where they were talking about gender roles how Tim was lecturing about how you should push your kids and if they don't achieve something they need to know they haven't done enough, give them a kick up the bum or whatever. It was clearly aimed at Heze as they have no ambition for the girls. I don't particularly like him but the pressure he's under must be insane, whether he quite realises it yet or not. Right now he probably just thinks its great that he gets to kick a ball around all day but as he gets older things could go south very quickly.

Reactions: 9
I really don't understand this family.

All of the other YouTube families I watch have moved into bigger houses, got new cars, gone on loads of holidays and day trips, brought there children loads of toys and nice clothes. However this family don't seem to do anything for the actual children who are the ones earning the money.

I don't believe there viewers are really interested in Tim and Ella they are there for the children and without them the channel wouldn't be as popular.

The boys are always in designer football kits and there are always footballs around the house but what about the girls? The majority of there clothes they buy out of their own birthday money and why do we never see any toys?

They have 4 girls squashed into a tiny bedroom and two boys in the other room with another baby on the way and they have no intention of moving! Why not? They must be able to afford it.

Reactions: 10

All of the other YouTube families I watch have moved into bigger houses, got new cars, gone on loads of holidays and day trips, brought there children loads of toys and nice clothes. However this family don't seem to do anything for the actual children who are the ones earning the money.

I don't believe there viewers are really interested in Tim and Ella they are there for the children and without them the channel wouldn't be as popular.

The boys are always in designer football kits and there are always footballs around the house but what about the girls? The majority of there clothes they buy out of their own birthday money and why do we never see any toys?

They have 4 girls squashed into a tiny bedroom and two boys in the other room with another baby on the way and they have no intention of moving! Why not? They must be able to afford it.
Yeah, their viewers are definitely only there for the kids (Rue in particular) the videos where they don't show the kids in the thumbnail or mention the kids get sad views. The kids don't ever get to do anything or get any gifts worth getting (Hosanna's sewing machine, just strange) but Ella takes Tim to have a birthday party at a hotel and buys him expensive gifts. And doesn't Tim have a new BMW and I heard most of the kids aren't even allowed in it? Its crazy. The money belongs to the kids. They earned it.

• Sad

Maybe I'm naive to what you can earn through YouTube, but a house that would fit all of them would probably have to be at least five bedrooms.
I don't live too far from them, five bedroom houses in the area are about £600k. They'd need 20% of that in cash - fine, the cash from their current house sale, but then they'd need proof that they can pay the monthly mortgage. That's what they don't have. Two parents who don't work, how will they prove they have enough money to pay a mortgage? Unless they get family help, I don't think they're in a position to buy a new house.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.