The good old Youtube days - Discuss anything!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d totally forgotten about Lauren Luke til now, but I always thought she was really lovely and I loved her eye make up skills. I was so pleased for her when she became popular and I remember seeing her on This Morning. But her presence seemed to decline in recent years and I just checked her channel, very low numbers of views recently. Did she take a long break or something?

Reactions: 4
I’d totally forgotten about Lauren Luke til now, but I always thought she was really lovely and I loved her eye make up skills. I was so pleased for her when she became popular and I remember seeing her on This Morning. But her presence seemed to decline in recent years and I just checked her channel, very low numbers of views recently. Did she take a long break or something?
I loved Lauren - with her pug snoring in the background. First thing I was influenced to buy was because of her - Mac Sharkskin eyeshadow - she always used it as a base!
She really just missed out on the YT beauty juggernaut, though she did have a small range of makeup for a while and a column in The Guardian.
Yes she took a long break from YT I think, years. There would be an occasional vlog and she had moved to the country and had a small farm. I think I am right in saying she had struggled with MH issues.
I was so pleased to see her back a couple of years ago looking lovely and sounding happy. She really always seemed such a nice person. Zoom zoom!

I do miss the old YouTube days, I genuinely felt like people believed in the products they were using and it didn’t all feel like a big advert. I used to spend hours watching YouTube during my late teens/early 20s (2007-2011). My favourites that I can remember:

xsparkage and her sister (I can’t remember her name).
Allthatglitters21 and Blair (juicy something?)
Megganheartsmakeup/megganlovesmakeup
Fleurdeforce
Filthygorgeousmakeup
Bubzbeauty
Panacea81
Lily Melrose
Zoella
Swalker makeup

Ah a girl who I can’t remember I used to love her bedroom and bought a decorative bird cage because she had one 😂, she used to do a lot of primark hauls and I feel she wore a black brimmed hat a lot. Can’t for the life of me remember her name but I can picture her clearly! She had epilepsy and would talk about how she used to have so many bruises from having seizures.

Dollybowbow
Thestylediet

Another girl who I think was called something like xOhmiGoshx, she went to uni and got pregnant in her first year.

I also remember watching emo/scene MySpace turned youtubers kiki kanibal and her sister. There was a lot of controversy around them, I think one of them moved to Japan. I always found them so mysterious and fascinating, god knows why 😂

Ah a girl who I can’t remember I used to love her bedroom and bought a decorative bird cage because she had one 😂, she used to do a lot of primark hauls and I feel she wore a black brimmed hat a lot. Can’t for the life of me remember her name but I can picture her clearly! She had epilepsy and would talk about how she used to have so many bruises from having seizures.
was it Becca from Voussantbouxetbelle?

Reactions: 1
Great thread!

I used to watch/Read Lollypop26 aka Buynowbloglater. She was so great. And those American sisters, Elle and Blair. This is back in 2011 onwards. I bought Mac eyeshadow All that glitters. Gosh Darling lipstick. Rimmel Cherries in the snow lipstick. Mac mineralise skinfinish natural. It was so fun to see them use or wear something then go and look for it in the shop to check it out.
Lollypop had this faux Alexander Wang bag with studs on the bottom from eBay and I bought one. Loved it!

I actually really miss when recommendations where natural and these bloggers had real lives I could relate to - before everything was monetises. There’s not one I actually trust any more tbh.
I loved Laura’s video so much, would get so excited whenever she did a new one!

I still watch Elle, I think she’s lovely and she seemed to stay firmly out of any of the drama.

Anyone remember Lorraine (The Current Custom) - was obsessed with the jewellery her family sold!

My favs back in the day were lollipop26 and xsparkage.

Xsparkage has a little crew - petrilude and sayanythingbrooke. Anyone remember them? Would love to know what they are up to now.

Xsparkage is still on YouTube but is really bitter she never made it big even though she was OG. Pretty hard to stomach watching nowadays tbh.
loved Petrilude! He was so cool!

Reactions: 3
Love this thread. I was obsessed with YouTube from about 2008. I learnt how to do my makeup, convinced myself I would become a makeup artist...

I started my own blog around the same time, got about 50 followers. I got invited to a blogger event (lol) and didn’t go as I was only 14 hahaha. I thought I was great 😂😂

Some of my faves were:
Pancea81
Lollipop26
All that glitters 21 and juicy star 07
Michelle Phan
Dulce Candy
Saccone Jolys (I watched them when they lived in Ireland)
Xrubyredlips
Pixiwoo/Pixi2woo
Megan hearts makeup (still follow her, love her)
Lorraine Stanick

YouTube was so much more genuine back then. I was definitely influenced to get my mam to order me some Sigma brushes... still got them now

Just found this thread. But does anyone know what happened with holly Samantha & itssabrina? They used to be close and go on nights out with that guy Sabrina went on holiday with to Portugal? Marc think his name is.
Holly seemed to have deleted all her videos on YouTube and I believe she’s had another baby

This thread takes me right back 😅 I feel so old!

So many names here that aren’t really about anymore. Lollipop26 was my favourite.

I came here as noticed that gem Morson has renamed her Instagram to gem Johnson…she’s been posting a lot of cryptic stuff and nothing of her husband so wondering if they’ve split and Johnson is her maiden name?

Reactions: 2
Omg this is making me feel so nostalgic!!!
I can’t even remember when I started watching YouTube. I think the first person I followed was Lauren Luke and then somehow got into watching Elle and Blair. I remember they had that online store and they did the strap key chains with the initials on. I bought one thinking it was amazing this package from America 🤣
I also then started watching Dollybowbow bevause she used to do Jack wills hauls. I think she still posts now.
MissBudgetBeauty.
SaconeJolys before we realised how abusive they are.
Zoella and Louise.
Naomi Smart and Marcus vlogs

Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember SEMC/Selina Christoforou, think her name on youtube was something like Everlong121 and I loved her make up hauls and videos, she went a bit off the rails and got loads of plastic surgery but she used to be so sweet!

I logged back into an old YT account after about ten years the other day…it was like a time machine! Michelle Phan, Dulce Candy, JLovesMac, the Cassandra Banks severe acne makeup tutorial. It was recommending me videos from 2014 saying they were “new”😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Just as I suspected but gem has set up a go fund me. I thought dale was a nice guy, I’m surprised he would see her be homeless with nothing? Do we think this means her daughter is staying with him?
6E595B9D-2EFB-4485-9655-6ED9201135A1.jpeg

Omg this is making me feel so nostalgic!!!
I can’t even remember when I started watching YouTube. I think the first person I followed was Lauren Luke and then somehow got into watching Elle and Blair. I remember they had that online store and they did the strap key chains with the initials on. I bought one thinking it was amazing this package from America 🤣
I also then started watching Dollybowbow bevause she used to do Jack wills hauls. I think she still posts now.
MissBudgetBeauty.
SaconeJolys before we realised how abusive they are.
Zoella and Louise.
Naomi Smart and Marcus vlogs
oh I forgot about some of these! Used to watch SaconeJolys - just looked them up as it’s been years! I’m sure they used to have a child called edwardo seems edward now calls himself Edie, identifies as a girl and wears dresses!

This thread takes me right back 😅 I feel so old!

So many names here that aren’t really about anymore. Lollipop26 was my favourite.

I came here as noticed that gem Morson has renamed her Instagram to gem Johnson…she’s been posting a lot of cryptic stuff and nothing of her husband so wondering if they’ve split and Johnson is her maiden name?
I loved lollypop26!!

Love this thread. I was obsessed with YouTube from about 2008. I learnt how to do my makeup, convinced myself I would become a makeup artist...

I started my own blog around the same time, got about 50 followers. I got invited to a blogger event (lol) and didn’t go as I was only 14 hahaha. I thought I was great 😂😂

Some of my faves were:
Pancea81
Lollipop26
All that glitters 21 and juicy star 07
Michelle Phan
Dulce Candy
Saccone Jolys (I watched them when they lived in Ireland)
Xrubyredlips
Pixiwoo/Pixi2woo
Megan hearts makeup (still follow her, love her)
Lorraine Stanick

YouTube was so much more genuine back then. I was definitely influenced to get my mam to order me some Sigma brushes... still got them now
loved Lorraine Stanick
oh stigma brushes!! I still have mine :D

Lollipop26 was the best! She seemed so genuine and even though she moved to Dubai, she still posted about new products etc.

She went really quiet around the time of Covid so hope she’s ok. Maybe she just realised she didn’t really want to be online any longer.

Reactions: 3